Quito Nav Data

wingnut

Hello;

Ive got an question about the Nav Data for the airport,I was looking at the information that came with it,Im using Navigraph data,and I tried installing the lines that you gave,my question is,the PMDG data already has the airport listed in the Nav Data,I installed the one given over the the existing one,and added the 2 lines also.But im having no luck getting it to work in the FMS,keeps saying that the airport is not in the data base.Ive tried this from the airport itself,and another airport.Hopefully you have some suggestions.

Thank you;

Mark

Hello Mark,

Interestingly I tried inserting the text into the Airbus Navigraph data and the Aerosoft Airbus does not recognise the SEQU as well.

Any explanation wold be appreciated.

Michael Houghton

There are three steps to be done regarding to PMDG aircrafts, and you have to do it again after every NavData update ou re-instalation:

1) edit the file airports.dat to add the following line (be sure to save the file after in the same type *.dat, not saving as *.txt or anything else):

SEQU -0.141111 -78.488611

2) edit the file wpnavapt.txt to add the following lines:

MARISCAL SUCRE INTL-OLD SEQU17 10236171 -0.127178 -78.490286000.0017109217
MARISCAL SUCRE INTL-OLD SEQU35 10236351 -0.155150 -78.486058110.5035109175

3) paste the SEQU.txt into SIDSTARS folder

(there is a SEQU.txt file provided by Aerosoft into Quito_SC folder, so you may copy - not cut - and paste into SIDSTARS folder)

(I, particulary, prefer to use another SEQU.txt file version I preserved since the AIRAC cycle 1302, the cycle in use when the airport was deactivated. This version should represent the more "up to date" procedures when the airport was closed")

Before copying and pasting the SEQU.txt inside SIDSTARS folder, make sure your SIDSTARS folder does not contain a newer SEQU.txt file, with more recent procedures, before overwriting it, because I think the SEQU.txt provided by Aerosoft is a bit outdated related to february,2013, when the airport was closed.

Regards,

Marcelo Monteiro

For the Airbus it's necessary to use a different SEQU.txt and the edition of another files also is not the same procedure.

I'm trying to find the necessary information to make it work with SEQU / Aerosoft Airbus, and if I discover a method, I will post here.

Marcelo Monteiro

Hi Marcelo,

Thank-you for your instructions about how to install the NavData for PMDG. This has worked on my system. Obviously the instructions which came with the program were incomplete. I would be very pleased if you could find out how to install the NAVDATA for the Aerosoft Airbus.

Many thanks again,

Michael Houghton

I have been advised by Aerosoft support that the Quito Airport SEQU NavData will be provided with the next cycle of NavData Pro. Obviously this is a subscription service but is one answer to the problem.

Mike

Hello Mike,

let me make it clear, it not 100% sure its in the next cycle, but it will be included in "coming" cycles.

It will also not only support the airbus there, it will most likely include all support aircrafts/tools etc and include the latest information of the airport (including SID STAR etc).

• Deputy Sheriffs

1. It is not Germany, but another country

2. the service they provide is very good, but in such minor details it simply depends on the contract they got with their provider.

...not to mention the fact they sell their navdata as "current" and adding procedures and airports that are closed since 4 years can at least be discussed. We had the same issue, but descided otherwise.

Archived