Go Around Phase Autopilot Malfunction

Flyprdu

Aerosoft Developers,

1.30 has brought yet another gem of a bug to the Airbus. If you engage the autopilot and advance the thrust levers to TOGA to initiate a Go Around, the autopilot does not recover from SRS and continues to pitch for an airspeed disregarding any altitude restrictions after the go around has been initiated.

You can turn the autopilot off and back on again it will still pitch for Go Around climb. The autopilot will also completely disregard the Flight Director.

To put it simply, a go around will break the autopilot for the rest of the flight.

Here is a replay for your viewing pleasure: @ 18:00. http://www.twitch.tv/flyprdu/b/651165238

Thanks.

I was experiencing the same problem several times. Autopilot goes completely nuts - it ignores all the commands given afterwards.

I tried to disengage everything and then turn AP back on - nothing helps. It just continues to climb as hell, disregardless of everything.

Hi,

Just attempted some IFR circuits in the A319 IAE and experienced the same issue - after go-around, no response to autopilot settings once AP was engaged again, both in managed and selected modes (apart from heading in selected mode).

Regards

Phil

I have the same problem since v1.3. Tried it with the A321. When initiating a Go Around the autopilot will send the plane into a steep climb and does not recover until the end of the flight.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Not denying your problems but you can also fly an Airbus manually. So online flying is in no way restricted.

but you can also fly an Airbus manually

While reconfiguring the aircraft for a different runway, talking to ATC and trying to figure out, WHY this thing does not follow what I select on the FCU.

There is a reason for 2 people in the cockpit. For a single man cockpit, the autopilot is a substantial feature in this situation.

p.s. I did that several times already.

Not denying your problems but you can also fly an Airbus manually. So online flying is in no way restricted.

Speaking for myself, Go around is a high workload situation especially if you fly online. I would be happy if I can trust in the aircraft regarding route and altitude at least.

At first I had the same issue as in the video...now for some reason, when on an autopilot approach if I select TOGA thrust, the autopilot continues to guide it down the glideslope at a rapidly increasing speed and immediately flashes the "LVR CLB" message. I have to shut off the autopilot and climb out by hand. I find that I can then re-engage the autopilot in ALT and NAV modes if I frantically push/pull the knobs.

FMGS shows Go Around Phase as it's supposed to be. I have a feeling the problems start either

a ) when passing ACC ALT and going back to CLB Power or

b ) when overflying the airport and FMGS switches to the first waypoint of the missed approach route.

Flight Director shows the correct commands and FMA is also correct, the Autopilot seems to be stuck in SRS Mode and ignores the FD.

I confirm TheCookieMonster's facts - everything seems to be (in the sense of flight instruments) proper go arround. Only the AP igonores everything and climbs. It happens to me every single go arround - not just some occasional thing.

Hi

Confirming same bahaviour with A319CFM and A319IAE.

FMGS shows Go Around Phase as it's supposed to be with SRS.

The autopilot does not recover from SRS and continues to pitch disregarding any altitude restrictions.

ALT* appears on FMA when approaching selected GO AROUND altitude but climb does not stop.

Only solution is to disengage AP.

Thanks

Has

1.30D screwed up Go Around completely, GS/LOC remain engaged and the aircraft will crash with massive overspeed and TOGA into the runway if the pilot doesn't pull up.

What happens when you disengage appr button manually?

Archived