Mallorca X Evolution - install option and blue fields!

Ray Proudfoot

Firstly, during the install all questions were in English with the exception of one which was in German I think. I wasn't sure what option to select so went with the default. Not sure if that's right or not. That needs looking at please.

Secondly, I'm disappointed with the ground textures outside of the airport. They seem no better than those in the Balearics X scenery.

Two screen shots... firstly, FSX around the approach to 24L...

LEPA_FSX.png

Now a screen shot of the same area from Google Earth...

LEPA_Scenery.png

There are no blue fields in the real world. I really do think the developers need to look at this because it looks to me as though they have just copied and pasted the terrain from an earlier release.

The airport itself is very good.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, but comparing pictures from Google is simply not a proof: different year, different season....

And, btw. nowhere has been mentioned that new phototextures are used for the whole island.

Another picture from Google:

post-12207-0-09641500-1427050465_thumb.p

Otto,

I notice in your posted image there are no blue fields around LEPA. I'm sorry but I'm not happy about the textures in this latest release. Is anyone able to confirm if the textures were updated because I still feel they are the same as used in Balearics X years ago.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ray, also it always depends a lot on personal impression, especially when deciding between blue and green. For example: mark an area in your picture above which you consider to be green.

Ray, also it always depends a lot on personal impression, especially when deciding between blue and green. For example: mark an area in your picture above which you consider to be green.

Otto,

Here you are. Black circle shows what I believe is green. Red circle surrounds what to me looks like blue.

LEPA_FSX.png

Also, please don't forget my point about the German question in the English version of the installer.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I had the feeling that you would choose those 2 areas. ;)

here the results with the colour picker on my Mac:

Black area:

post-12207-0-33853700-1427052943_thumb.p

Red Area:

post-12207-0-50386600-1427053084_thumb.p

Yes there is a slight difference, but IMHO not so much to say that one is blue and the other is green.

What I forgot to say: It also depends a lot on your monitor being calibrated or not. Will check this on my FSX PC which got a calibrated monitor.

Hi Otto,

Thanks for the investigatory work. My Sony Bravia 32" TV is not calibrated. I accept it would probably produce a truer colour if it were but in all honesty how many FSX owners will calibrate their screens?

I had my 42" plasma TV professionally calibrated and I'm very pleased with the result. But do I really need to spend £50+ on a Spyder calibration too for FSXl?

Ray, I've always had good success when selecting sRGB profile on my monitors / TVs for FSX. It seems a bit bland/dull the first minutes when coming from a more saturated profile, but the colors are very well presented.

Hi Ray,

can you send us a screenshot of the German question you get?

Once we know exactly which question it is I will forward it to our programming department and they'll have a look into it.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The german question in the nglish installer has been noted.

I just checked the clours on my other monitor, and they are about the same:

post-12207-0-46450600-1427102958_thumb.j

post-12207-0-52741400-1427102966_thumb.j

Of course you do not need a calibrated monito. It was just a hint, as it often happen that people complain about "wrong" colors, while we are using official color codes (e.g. for aircraft paints), but users use e.g. ENB or have a wrong monitor setup resulting in a false color representation

Emi,

It looks from Otto's comment as though the German question has been spotted and will be corrected. Will I need to download a 4Gb installer again or can a translation of the question be given so I can just uninstall and reinstall?

Otto, those fields still have a blue look to my eyes so I suppose I'll just have to accept it. I would still like the answer to my question. Are these new textures or are they the same used in Balearics X? I disabled the texture layer in that scenery because they looked so bad. I have FTX Global and the ground textures look very good with that. If I disable the texture layer in Mallorca Evolution there are trees on taxiways so unfortunately I have to leave that layer enabled.

Hi Ray,

if we correct it only a new 4GB installer will be available.

Please show me a screenshot of the message though and I will tell you the meaning of the question in here.

• Developer

Emi,

Here is the option. Clearly something to do with jetways. I have AES credits for LEPA so which should I choose?

That makes no difference for AES, you use both of them.

That makes no difference for AES, you use both of them.

Oliver, Thanks for your reply. Clearly I can't use both as I have to choose one or the other. Do you mean it doesn't matter which I choose as AES is controlling the jetways?

• Developer

yes, you can select one of both options, AES will replace them, regardless if they are Ctrl+J animated or static.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Your choice doesn't matter for AES:

option 1 installs animated jetways for use without AES, option 2 installs static jetways which looks more detailed.

• Developer

Hi,
these are postprocessed aerial pictures taken at summer. Depending on your Graphic card, Color settings of graphic driver and Monitor and even eyes
a green color could turn into more blue (cyan) or yellow color directions (RGB= Red Green Blue, Green is between cyan and yellow in a color circle).
I myself use a calibrated Monitor to avoid building a scenery in wrong colors, but aerial pictures are taken from nature in different ambient light and color conditions.
Also the resampler tool used to put aerials into the sim makes more vivid colors due to his compression which can change a color slightly.
Try to change the color temperature of your Monitor to a warmer tone which will add more yellow to the colors.

Thorsten

Hi Thorsten,

Thanks for your feedback. I've looked at my TV picture settings and I have Warm 1, Warm 2, Cool and Neutral. I have the last one selected. I may try the other options - Warm 1 and 2 do add more yellow - but for now I've read the manual and removed the texture files giving me the Global FTX textures instead.

Hi Thorsten,

Thanks for your feedback. I've looked at my TV picture settings and I have Warm 1, Warm 2, Cool and Neutral. I have the last one selected. I may try the other options - Warm 1 and 2 do add more yellow - but for now I've read the manual and removed the texture files giving me the Global FTX textures instead.

Hi,

these are postprocessed aerial pictures taken at summer. Depending on your Graphic card, Color settings of graphic driver and Monitor and even eyes

a green color could turn into more blue (cyan) or yellow color directions (RGB= Red Green Blue, Green is between cyan and yellow in a color circle).

I myself use a calibrated Monitor to avoid building a scenery in wrong colors, but aerial pictures are taken from nature in different ambient light and color conditions.

Also the resampler tool used to put aerials into the sim makes more vivid colors due to his compression which can change a color slightly.

Try to change the color temperature of your Monitor to a warmer tone which will add more yellow to the colors.

Thorsten

Well Thorsten despited all the great work (love the airport) I have chosen the same option as Ray to remove the photoscenery.

Because I think it's bit off in P3D V2.5 it's not only the coloring but also the interaction with dynamic lightning some parts are just washed out,

(I have a hardware calibrated monitor lol for a reason and have a bit more understanding as the average forum user how textures works lol ;-))

Also have been in real life quit a few times at Mallorca on the ground and flying in the air and missing trees and buildings seasons with the photoreal stuff ;-)

Anyway really like the airport great work and FTX global in the summer is great with this aiport :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I saw that too on installation, bit confused as to why it was in German when the rest was all English?!??

Emi,

Here is the option. Clearly something to do with jetways. I have AES credits for LEPA so which should I choose?

Mallorca_Install.png

Great Rework on Mallorca, be great if the mountain textures were sharper from a distance.

Seen the marketing video too, the night street lighting looks great yet its a separate package...

Hi Thorsten,

Ray,

Interested in this addon but photo scenery in general doesn't cut it for me. I was hoping that all the textures for this package had been enhanced.

I was wondering if you would be kind enough to post some screenshots with the FTX Global textures? Im curious as to how the airport and surroundings blend in with FTX global.

Thanks,

Glenn

Archived