1.28.9i The Parameter is Incorrect

I'm starting to get "The Parameter is Incorrect" followed by PFPX not responding- forcing me to shut it down via the task manager. I have no idea what is causing it, as nothing is left in the event viewer. I'm able to use PFPX for a few seconds before I'm faced with the message. 

Airac is 1802, using subscribed weather 

Please login to display this image.

I noticed that I could stop the error from occuring by using ActiveSky as my weather source, and not the pfpx subscription. When I switched back to the PFPX subscrition weather, I got the "Parameter is incorrect" right as "updating airmets" was shown in the lower right corner of the status bar of PFPX.  

Something must be not communicating correctly. 

same here when using live weather. I feel it may have something to do with when some work was done with aviationweather.gov servers 2 or 3 days ago when no metar was available after 1500z

Today i've purchased the live weather subscription and tonight during my flight i got the same error.

Had that never before using Active Sky..

Let's hope it will be fixed soon.

If you swap out the 1.28.9i PFPX.exe with the original (1.28.0) provided you kept it, the program works. This issue is peculiar to the 9i version.

Regards,

Mark

I think something is going wrong on their end because I suddenly started to get the same error message. I was using PFPX all week continuously and this morning, then I had to leave for 5 hours. Once I got back to get back to flightsimming I noticed this error message.

I am unable to do anything once I press ok button.

Same here...I used it perfect just this morning. 5 hours later...PFPX is unusable. There is an hourglass icon on the bottom left of the screen with "Updating AIRMETS" next to it. Looks like online WX:Updating is not working.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Can confirm this problem. Seems to be related with the weather server. I will escalate it to FlightSimSoft.

Please stand by...

Archived