P3d V3 compatibility

Aerosoft Team

• Aerosoft

We are looking at these new folder structures but with FSX:SP2, FSX;STEAM and P3D V3 all using different folders it gets rather complex. Just testing these things will costs additional days.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems that LM want to keep scenery files and folders out of the core sim folder. That being the case, in an ideal world Aerosoft airport packages should be installed in the Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Scenery folder. Can this be done by simply moving the Aerosoft folder across to the Scenery folder after installation, or will there still be registry entries that would be "messed up" when the core sim is updated?

Isn't it kinda the 'opposite'? 
Wasn't it the intention, that scenery/aircraft/addons should be installed and placed outside the entire Prepar3D folder (if strictly following Lockheed-Martin's recommendations) ... 

... or have I misunderstood something?

You have not, but this is rather impossible for developer now. Most of them have the Structure to place some files into Prepar3D -> Scenery -> Global/World and into Effects etc... It would mean a lot of rework for the developer. 

Why not to make a temperary separate installer only for Prepar3d V3.0 

especially for Aircrafts types distributed by aerosoft, so they can leave the software as it is for FSX,P3d V1,V2 and FSX-SE and you can download version needed.

Since v3 came out and LM made the statement about everything being kept out the main folder....

Flightbeam installs in the main folder

FSDT installs in the main folder

Orbx is going to install in the main folder

Flytamper Have poster'ed a way to install out of the main if people wish? DOS window....

So should we expect Aerosoft to make new installers to conform? I personally think not, anything new yes and that goes for all but as it stands there "wish" is not working and I don't blame the producers not wanting to goto the expense of time to conform. 

Would be nice to get new installers but from what I've seen of Aerosoft installs in a very normal way. All be it not what LM now wont. 

There is nothing you can install that falls outside the main folders apart from ASN but that never did. 

I just hope for new installs and nothing else. 

Everything out side the main folder in v3.0 seems a step to far for all at present. 

v3 is a great step forward. The future is bright.

aerosoft has already confirmed, they will continue to install in the p3d root folder.if you know what you are doing most aerosoft airports can be put outside of the root folder,i don't see the point.its only a recommendation that developers put addons outside of the root folder.buy fscubed is what i suggest.performance doesn't change in or out of the root folder.fscubed will install all your addons after fresh install of p3d v1, v2 or v3.

• Aerosoft

We confirmed we will do so FOR NOW to save costs (making installers is pretty expensive) and making three different installers for three different simulators will add some serious testing time to releases.

Hi Mathijs,

I implore you to make as many addons compatible as possible. If you need to take money for it then please, please do it! Nothing is less usefull for me than an addon which is incompatible! So I would rather pay an additional fee than to miss some great Aerosoft addons (or to fly with an outdated flightsim). - Of course just my 2 cents!

• Aerosoft

To keep everybody up to date, we have this morning made a planning for update our products. We will work backwards from the latests releases but will keep popularity of products in mind. That means the Mega Airports will be done as quickly as possible.

To keep everybody up to date, we have this morning made a planning for update our products. We will work backwards from the latests releases but will keep popularity of products in mind. That means the Mega Airports will be done as quickly as possible.

That's really great to hear. Thanks for putting in the effort.

Thank you. I am really excited to see Aerosoft is committed to get things going for P3D3. Mega Airports are certainly a very good start.

Kind regards, Michael

Flightsim store now have the updated installer for Heathrow at least. Their website hasn't been updated yet to state it as such, but I just downloaded the installer again and it was the new version that includes P3D v3. Just for info for anyone else that may want this.

• 4 weeks later...

Where is that compatibility list gone? It seems to be deleted or something? :/

On 14.10.2015, 12:13:19, Tom A320 sagte:

FYI: The most recent status of the P3D v3 compatibility can be found here:

Archived