Taxi thrust enquiry 1.20b

Ecosean

I've updated to 1.20 and installed the 1.20b hotfix.

One thing i've notice is the change in taxi behavior.
It seems the taxi friction thing that fsx is back.

Now it takes 30% N1 to get moving and even that it's barely moving.
On the 1.10 version, at 30% N1 the plane would already be starting to accelerate for taxi, about 25% to maintain the GS.

A320 CFM
GW 61520KG

PAX 180

Cargo 0

Fuel 5700KG

Do you guys think this is unusual or normal ?

As soon as i stop the aircraft and want to taxi or takeoff again, the plane won´t move until i set and release the parking breaks.

Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong?

As soon as i stop the aircraft and want to taxi or takeoff again, the plane won´t move until i set and release the parking breaks.

There isn't anything wrong. If PARKing brake is being set, it means you're PARKed and can't move unless you release it.

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is a possible bug. Do you use rudder pedals with brakes?

I report the same problem with the A320 CFM and IAE models, applying toe brakes will bring the aircraft to a stop or seem to slow down normally, but on applying thrust again the aircraft does not accelerate, until throttle is increase beynd 50%N1. However, setting and releasing the parking brake solves the problem temporarily to get the aircraft moving again at normal 20-40%N1. Autobrake seems to make no difference.

Using Saitek pro rudder pedals and toe braking. Tried calibrating and changing sensitivity etc but seems to make no difference.

Have tried default aircraft and found no problems. Seems to be a glitch.

Hello,

today i´ve install new the version 1.20 and hotfix and have the same problem how the other user in this thread. With 70% N1 i come at 1 Kts taxi speed. I´ve pedals but before the new version i havn´t this problem.

1 hour installion (inclusive liveries) for in vain!

Frank

In the german forum a user reported that re-setting the pedals solved the problem:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/89517-a318a319-rollt-gar-nicht-trotz-vollgas/?p=640562

I don't seem to have a problem with the parking brakes or aircraft not moving. It moves but barely at 30%. and i would require 35% to 38% thrust to taxi. I don't have pedals for brakes, I just use FSX default brakes binded to my joystick.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hmm, I have the opposite issue.....IAE version quickly gets up to 40kts at idle!!! This was with A319 loaded at about 62,000.

And this already bee answered again and again and is a normal behaviour like in real life.

And this already bee answered again and again and is a normal behaviour like in real life.

Aware but this seems much worse than the prior version. So Airbus pilots ride the brakes constantly?? Seems odd but if thats how it is then ok!

Same problem here. A319/A318 needs much more thrust to start taxi than with SP1. Almost back to taxi behavior like in the old Airbus Extended. And no. It is definitely not the rudder pedals! I reset them and nothing changed. Still too much thrust necessary to start taxiing. Please investigate this issue. The taxi behavior with SP1 was perfect. Now it changed for the worse...

Same here,I followed Aerosoft's official installation steps. And with V1.20b hotfix.
A321 CFM,112 passengers,Cargo 4.8 MT,Fuel 7.00 MT.

I had reset panel state to "Turn Around",and followed the starting SOPs.

Here comes the problem.At first,I cannot start taxi,I hit 40% N1 but the aircraft only struggles to 1~2 knots GS.
Then I engaged P/BRK then released it,hit 35% N1.The aircraft accelerates to 20 knots GS slowly.
CFMs seemed to behave different from IAEs,which already have hotfix on it.

Does it means that we need another hotfix for all buses with CFM ?

Same here,I followed Aerosoft's official installation steps. And with V1.20b hotfix.

A321 CFM,112 passengers,Cargo 4.8 MT,Fuel 7.00 MT.

I had reset panel state to "Turn Around",and followed the starting SOPs.

Here comes the problem.At first,I cannot start taxi,I hit 40% N1 but the aircraft only struggles to 1~2 knots GS.

Then I engaged P/BRK then released it,hit 35% N1.The aircraft accelerates to 20 knots GS slowly.

CFMs seemed to behave different from IAEs,which already have hotfix on it.

Does it means that we need another hotfix for all buses with CFM ?

I have the same problem with taxi thrust 35% N1 to accelerate slowly. So far i've never experience the aircraft being unable to taxi at all at 40% N1.

Right now it just feels weird as I require lots of thrust to taxi, even more than the Extended. I guess we gotta wait until the dev provide with a fix or some info.

I was intending to use the A319 this morning for a flight but having set it up 3 times I couldnt get it to move off the blocks despite 100% power.

The A320 is working ok albeit it needs 40% to make a move.

Soonest response on update would be good.

I´m going back to version 1.10 at A320/321 and i must revise my answer from no.17 here. The speed of the A319 in IDLE is decrease (mistake the word) and there are differences between A319 CFM and IAE.

Same problem here but seems to be worse after landing. Need around 40% to get roling and then around 35% to maintain taxi-speed..

I should add, I'm using P3D (been doing it for about a month now) mention this if there could be a
difference between FSX and P3D. In general I feel P3D is much better then FSX. Taxing experience
is still a bit like on ice, sort of "hoover craft" feeling in the bends, but better then FSX since the
aircraft reacts to uneven ground surface. However the taxi behavior needs to be looked into,
is a bit like going "uphill" or as the brakes drags.
Apart from this beautiful aircraft with a beautiful sound.

Archived