NavDataPro sid/star - No issue

LuisVargas

Hi, I am a Prepar3d v2 user and a newbie on AirbusX A318/319. I want to fly from EGKK to EHAM using the route 'CLN5P.CLN L620 REDFA.REDFA1A'. When I enter with SID CLN5P, CLN is always positioned after (T/C), as shown in the picture. So I need to move the CLN waypoint to the correct position between DAGGA and (T/C). Any tips?

SID-CLN5P-CLN-1.gif

The T/C is computed and not part of the AIRAC, so your path is correct. Just fly the route and it should be fine as the aircraft gets it sorted.

DJ

The route is correct. The (T/C) just indicates the position of your Top Of Climb is is not a waypoint in your route.

So I need to move the CLN waypoint to the correct position between DAGGA and (T/C). Any tips?

I wonder why you say 'the correct position' would be between DAGGA en T/C? Is that because you might be using a flight planner that shows you the entire route with every waypoint? Like PFPX? The T/C is always an approximation. I create my plans with PFPX and it shows a T/C but 99 out of 100 times it's on another spot than the Airbus itself calculates. Furthermore, sometimes the Airbus's guess is closer to the actual T/C and sometimes the PFPX guess is closer but in the end the T/C always is somewhere else. ;) So regard that T/C as a possible top of climb but don't bother about it too much.

I wonder why you say 'the correct position' would be between DAGGA en T/C? ...

I will test as soon as possible if the flight will run normally. My concept of (T / C) is that at this point the aircraft should reach the cruising altitude. As I said, I am newbie on Airbus and the little experience I have with FMC comes from the Boeing 737NGX (PMDG) , hence my confusion and mistake. Thanks, guys.

ok, I entered with the whole flight plan and the flight was good from departure to 'almost good' at arrival. Every waypoint/altitude/speed in mcdu was obeyed. Interesting was that during the climb CLN waypoint retreated and stayed between DAGGA and (LIM). See image bellow. Well, time to diver into Vol6-StepbyStep-PT tutorial because I had problems on final approach. Thanks a lot, guys.

SID-CLN5P-CLN-OK.gif

• Deputy Sheriffs

in this case P3D doesn't matter, as the Airbus flightplan format is independent of P3D and the files are stored outside P3D in the folder "...\mydocuments\Aerosoft\Airbus\FlightPlans

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, but I still have doubt by the fact that there is an utility to convert the flight plans for AirbusX format.

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/74196-fsc-flight-plan-file-for-fsx-converter-to-airbus-x-extended/

No need to doubt. The FSCommander 9.5 exports into the Airbus format. Believe I'm using it by myself. ;)

Ok, guys, thanks for the help. I have mentioned the AirbusX as the model that I have, although I have are the brand new A318 / 319. But I believe that FSC 9.5 should export the flight plans to these two also. I'll buy CSC 9.5 at the end of this month. Until there I will try to master how insert the flight plans manualy into the mcdu and there are so many things to learn. One more time, thanks a lot for all.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just keep in mind, that the new A318/A319 use a different folder structure for the flight plans than the old AXE did. You might need to update your FSC accordingly.

AXE: Documents\Aerosoft\AerosoftAirbusExtended\FlightPlans

A318/A319: Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\FlightPlans

The reason for this new folder structure is, that from now on all new buses (A318/A319, the A320/A321 update to be released soon, and the A330 in development) will use this folders. So you will have one flightplan folder for all your busses ;)

• 1 month later...

I'm using v1.16. I export using the export window and browsing to my C:\users\...\documents\FSX or P3D Files. There is a bug in this version right now that means you cannot use IFR FPs until you have taken off. There is a workaround that involves removing a certain number of lines in the plan. I can forward a copy of this to you if you need it.

Prego

Andrew

Archived