EDDB lights in P3Dv2.3

georgegr

Hello,

I have installed Mega Airport EDDB v1.11 for P3dv2, but at night I can't see any runway- or taxilights. They only appear momentarily during the loading process but once the flight is loaded the completely disappear. I am using:

Prepar3d v2.3

FSGlobal2010

FTX Global

FTX Vector

FTX openLC EU

I have also tried with FSGlobal's AFM (FTX Global Vector doesn't have EDDB in the list) without success.

Please help.

Thank you,

George

Yes, it's a known issue they don't work in V2.3 anymore as for most other airport addons.

I dropped a mail to the lights developer but it seems he is currently on vacation.

Bests,

Sascha

• 1 month later...

Warum auch immer wird sich dieses Problems nicht angenommen! Das Problem besteht auch in der v2.4 noch und ein Anflug von EDDB bei Dunkelheit ist somit nur sehr schwer durchzuführen.

Komisch ist nur, dass andere Softwareschmieden das Problem der RWY Beleuchtung schon gefixt haben.

Warum auch immer wird sich dieses Problems nicht angenommen! Das Problem besteht auch in der v2.4 noch und ein Anflug von EDDB bei Dunkelheit ist somit nur sehr schwer durchzuführen.

Komisch ist nur, dass andere Softwareschmieden das Problem der RWY Beleuchtung schon gefixt haben.

Ja ist schon traurig. Aber gut, dann kaufe ich die scenery eben nicht.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

You can now download the light patch for Mega Airport BER at

www.simmershome.de

The patch is not touching any AS files and can be removed any time if you do not like it, but I'm pretty sure.... You will like it.

Well, Aerosoft should still fix it themselves! It is unacceptable for Aerosoft to sell the scenery as being P3D V2 compatible and then not deliver a compatible scenery.

Customers deserve a fix from the professional scenery developer, a fix within the source files.

Cheers to Rainer for doing this, but this can not be the final solution. Either Aerosoft delivers a V2 compatible scenery OR stops advertising the scenery as being V2 compatible.

Seriously, it can't be THAT hard for the BER designer to fix this. Leaving the situation as it is, that is something I would maybe expect from Taxi2Gate, but to be honest from Aerosoft I expect better.

Signed, a disappointed BER customer,

Markus

Where is the Problem? It works very well now. At this time the professional developers can also use the standard lights only, because the approach model arrays not working in P3D v2.4. You must place every element as single element, but then they have the next problems with the effects and the layer handling. The only way without destruction of the scenery is the addition of an external layer.

Archived