Announcement: German Football Stadiums project

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aerosoft

He doesn't speak for me. 11 hours to go until Germany crushes Costa Rica in the opening match. :lol:

This will be my first time following World Cup.

Ohhh god, how we are we goint to remind you of the message starting 13 hours from now.

Thanks to BBC Radio 1 I can now practice my first German phrases.

Ahem......

Gutentag!

Zwei Bier bitte!

Entschuldigung. Wie komme ich am besten zum Fussballstadion.

Warum spielen Sie so gut beim Elfmeterschiessen?

Es lohnt sich gar nicht die englische Mannschaft anzuschauen.

Wir mochten Klinsmann sehr gern.

Verkaufen Sie Aspirin?

Danke!

I think that just about covers it?

Ahhh...... lest I forget the following!

Ich finde deutsche Maedel recht schoen.

:wink:

Zwei Bier bitte!...

I think that just about covers it?.

Hi Nick,

Nice job, but...

Welches Bier moechtest Du? (Which beer you want to have?)

- Koelsch

- Alt

- Pils

- Export

There´s far more than one beer availible here in Germany.

Prost (Cheers!)

Will drink an Ale (or Guiness, Kilkeny...) on you! 1.gif

• Aerosoft

as you might have seen there are even more and newer screenshots available on http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=7857 .

We are now testing the pages needed to handle the registration, but that all looks okay so we expect a release in a few hours. Some newsletters already have been send out to avoid a messup on outbound connections however.

Great :) I'm getting it right now.

Matijes, you should check the post in the announcement forum, the link includes a "." so people might have trouble downloading ;)

Daniel

Very nice gift. Thanks, Aerosoft, very nice gesture.

I hope Germany experiences a great Worldcup Soccer Tournament without trouble and problems.

And may the best win (which everybody of course knows, is Oranje...<ahem> :roll: ).

Thank you Aerosoft for this very nice freeware add-on.

I have only one question about Leipzig...is this scenery looking as designed?

I have used UT Europe and Germany mesh.

All the other cities are okay.

Happy flying and designing!

May the best team win...

Bye

Bert

www.worldoffs.com

• Aerosoft
Thank you Aerosoft for this very nice freeware add-on.

I have only one question about Leipzig...is this scenery looking as designed?

I have used UT Europe and Germany mesh.

All the other cities are okay.

May the best team win...

Bye

Bert

www.worldoffs.com

We are waiting for some updates of UT Europe, but I don't know anything for German Mesh. Normally we can only guarantee compatibility with our own software (they all share one mesh base) and default FS2004.

Hi Bert,

is it possible that you have German Landmarks installed?

Then rename the file "Sachsen_03c_DEM.bgl" in the "VFR-Objects Terrain/Scenery"-Folder so that it's not used (the ending from bgl into bgx for example).

Ciao,

Rainer.

Hi Rainer,

Thanks a lot it helped... see the screendump attached.

BTW can you perhaps give me a hint how to solve these kind of problems in general...I have more of them.

With Slo_Cro for example i had double coastlines and i have solved it by experimenting, but don't know how i did it exactly...to me it seems to be rather a big mess....

But anyhow Rainer i know how to find you and thanks again!

www.worldoffs.com

bertvankampen@t-online.de

Bye

Bert

Hi Bert,

you'll get the same problems at other locations? That's correct (I got them too..) Too sad, that the stadium-designers didn't find the (easy) solution during the betaphase. They only described it in their manual, that there are problems with the german landmarks addon but don't solve them. And it's very easy if someone knows the design techniques and for example lwm-viewer.

So what I did:

I start my flightsim and place the airplane within the stadium.

I start LWM-Viewer (the old 1.x-version).

Next step: I try to put (move and drag) all files from VFR-Objects Terrain/scenery into the lwm-viewer.

On some bgls you get error-messages because they can't be shown in lwm-viewer. That's ok.

Now I use FS2004-Follow-Command from LWM-Viewer to show the position of my airplane in lwm-viewer.

I'm sure now you will always find a polygon where your airplane is shown.

Last step: Find out which file to deactivate with is underneath the aircraft. It will be a file s.th. like *_VTP.bgl.

That's ok. But the important step was to find the beginning of the filename like Niedersachsen_03k or Niedersachsen_03l.

Because then you only have to deactive exactly this filename with a DEM in the filename or the file without the VTP in it's name.

Maybe one or two files which you have to check. That's not much work to do.

Another example: For Kaiserslautern you need to deactivate the "Rheinland-Pfalz_03a_DEM.bgl" from the same folder as described in my "Leipzig-answer".

I'm sure that another way would be to place a new lwm-land-file with a known and correct elevation underneath every stadium and put these files in the stadium-folder. Then it's only necessary to give the stadium-addon a higher priority in the scenery.cfg. But I don't want to work this out, not my job. So I found out the files who disturb me in my installation. ;)

Ciao,

Rainer.