Mega Frankfurt X....Approach not showing DME info

R PRIEVER

Greetings all,

I recently upgraded to the latest Mega Scenery Frankfurt X version, which includes all of the current runways. Earlier today I flew the ILS 25L approach, using the PMDG777. Everything went fine, except that I noticed the "DME" info wasn't appearing during the approach. I was able to capture the LOC and G/S, but was just curious as to why the DME wasn't showing anything (it just said "DME ---").

Many thanks.

Hi,

it seems you are right. I will ask the developer if it will be changed, but I doubt so. We are currently already making a new versionf of Frankfurt and the new one will certainly include this :)

This is easily solved by editing the AFCAD using either AFX (payware) or ADE (freeware). Simply open the ILS 25L properties page and put a check in the <Has DME> box and save the edited AFCAD to overwrite the old one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Greetings all,

I recently upgraded to the latest Mega Scenery Frankfurt X version, which includes all of the current runways. Earlier today I flew the ILS 25L approach, using the PMDG777. Everything went fine, except that I noticed the "DME" info wasn't appearing during the approach. I was able to capture the LOC and G/S, but was just curious as to why the DME wasn't showing anything (it just said "DME ---").

Many thanks.

Hi, you can just download the files in the following post.

There I have uploaded my modified AFCAD. I also have there a photoscenery for the new runway. The second AFCAD is optimized for the photo scenery.

The AFCAD contains the missing DME, the missing ILS Y, one missing VOR and a missing taxiway (P14).

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/62328-ma-frankfurt-eddf-fsx-neue-afcad-und-photoscenery-fur-07l25r/?p=441454

• 2 months later...

There I have uploaded my modified AFCAD. I also have there a photoscenery for the new runway. The second AFCAD is optimized for the photo scenery.

The AFCAD contains the missing DME, the missing ILS Y, one missing VOR and a missing taxiway (P14).

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/62328-ma-frankfurt-eddf-fsx-neue-afcad-und-photoscenery-fur-07l25r/?p=441454

Thank you for this patch for EDDF. I was wondering if you would be able to update the afcad for photo scenery with more parking codes. Mostly for the cargo areas. I am not sure what UALC is, but United hasn't had a cargo division for years. Also there are no starting locations for the new runway which makes FSX not recognize it. I fixed that easily in AFX but am not sure which cargo companies park where. Could you help? Thanks!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thank you for this patch for EDDF. I was wondering if you would be able to update the afcad for photo scenery with more parking codes. Mostly for the cargo areas. I am not sure what UALC is, but United hasn't had a cargo division for years. Also there are no starting locations for the new runway which makes FSX not recognize it. I fixed that easily in AFX but am not sure which cargo companies park where. Could you help? Thanks!

Hi, I don't know any codes and never have worked with them, sorry.

A starting location for 07L/25R isn't required, because this runway is in real life only used for landing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I don't know any codes and never have worked with them, sorry.

A starting location for 07L/25R isn't required, because this runway is in real life only used for landing.

But FSX wont recognize the runway at all unless each end has a proper starting location defined in the afcad file. On approach when you contact ATC, they will not have 25R in the list

• 2 weeks later...

Hello one last small issue. The end of 25R the photoscenery and taxiway are misaligned. Is there a way to fix that? Also I could have missed it at night but is the last high speed exit missing?

Sorry to hear that, I bet a new Mega Airport Franktfurt would sell very well. A lot of updates like the new rail station and more cargo parking in the south plus the new runway in proper detail.

Oh, don't confuse this.

There will be no more updates to the current Mega Airport Frankfurt.

A new version of it (let's for now call it Mega Airport Frankfurt 2) will definatly be made! The new version will show the airport on the level it is right now.

Great to hear about a new Frankfurt. Don't forget to get the cargo parking right! Gate F 215 and 216 are facing the wrong way, they should be in the enclosed Lufthansa Cargo ramp.

• 1 month later...

Are there any news on the new MA Frankfurt? It is announced that it will be done since years now, but we don't have a single official announcement or screenshot yet! It would be so great to get at least a little sign that it is worked on, because it's really really needed - with every day the current version gets more outdated...

• Deputy Sheriffs

When it's far enough along, you can expect to find info about it here. Do be aware that projects on the linked to forum simply mean they're under active development, but their absence doesn't necessarily indicate it hasn't started yet. Also, as the banner at the top of that forum states, don't bother asking for dates. Software development is a very inexact science when it comes to forecasting completion dates.

Archived