Announcement: Coast Guard project

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the first entry in this thread :wink:

Cheapo update from current Seahawk versions (boxed and online), very reasonable price for the full version containing the ship and the Coast Guard Seahawk.

Good day to all!

Question to developers: please kindly advise whether you plan to fix beacon/strobe lights issue in the update and if yes, whether you'll do it for Jayhawk only or for other models as well.

P.S. These lights seems to become my idee fixe.

Best regards,

Alexey

• Aerosoft
Good day to all!

Question to developers: please kindly advise whether you plan to fix beacon/strobe lights issue in the update and if yes, whether you'll do it for Jayhawk only or for other models as well.

P.S. These lights seems to become my idee fixe.

Best regards,

Alexey

No. That's because the lights are actually pre 2002 lights because only these can be fixed to moving surfaces. As these are hard coded we got no way to affect how they blink. Sorry.

Any chance that you will also offer a driveable version of that cutter? It's so-o-o beautiful, it would be neat to cruise init around the FS world. (I'm a FS-shipyards member...)

KB

Haha wouldn't you love landing on a human-controlled boat ;)

Any chance that you will also offer a driveable version of that cutter? It's so-o-o beautiful, it would be neat to cruise init around the FS world. (I'm a FS-shipyards member...)

KB

That would be a great option and easy to implement! I do this quite a bit with Hama's ships, they have good VC's and are a lot of fun.

There you go :D now that is what i have been wanting, but it wouldent be me without some observations

1. Flight suits and survival vests are not grey there blue or orange

2. It takes 2 Pilots to fly any of the hawk series helicopters, so in the exterior view i would rather see another pilot then a flight mec.

3. the nose radar needs to come down and out more the nose of the radar is shorter then the base that it sites on.

4. the helicopter needs to sit lower esecialy the front the back wheel sinks to much

5. the winch has to come OUT and UP more this is VERY VERY important especialy now that you have a cable effect you will have it to close to the helicopter.

6. The flight Mec while operating the winch would NEVER EVER be in a standing position, he or she needs to either be on 1 knee or 2

7. i would like to see an analog configuration for the gauges but thats just a request.

These are not complants, i just want to help make this thing as good as it is looking already i love the things that you have done so far and i know your not finished i cant wait and am very happy that you are doing this :D

• Aerosoft
Ok first off i will say i really like this package.

Two questions:

1) How much will this cost by itself?

2) Will it work in FS2002?

I think we'll shoot at a $15 pricelevel (plus VAT when you are from the EEC). And it might work with FS2002, but we do not guarantee anyhting on that platform for this product.

Well i know that the flight suits are the wroung color as well as the vests, also the flight mec shouldent be in a standing position at anytime especaily while operating the hostwinch. I already listed a bunch of other things that are incorrect from what i could see in the pics, i just wounder if they changed the flight dinamics at all because they added fuel tanks now, and when there full its going to fly and hover alot different then when there empty, so far it dosent look like they did alot of research or for that matter looked at any photos, visually it looks nice but accuracy wise its substandard at best. But the nice thing is the price you will be paying $15 for somthing that is visually spectacular and you wont find a jayhawk that looks better, its kinda like dating a super model, nice to look at but no substance.

I know the real USCG has the OD or Blue helmet for their pilots and the blue helmet for the flight crew, are those colors going to be incorporated or is it going to stay white?

I never liked the color of there jayhawk i always felt it was to cherry red, it needs to be more orange and lighter.

As for the helmet your right i just assumed they knew that, i also think on the HH-60's they where blue flight suits and on the HH-65 they where orange, but i could be wroung because i have seen flight mecs on HH-60's whereing orange flight suits as well as the pilots so it might be a district thing, ill have to check, and the S vests are usually always blue, i also know you have to qualify in the 65 before you can fly a 60 but that info has nothing to do with this topic.

• Aerosoft

I never liked the color of there jayhawk i always felt it was to cherry red, it needs to be more orange and lighter.

As for the helmet your right i just assumed they knew that, i also think on the HH-60's they where blue flight suits and on the HH-65 they where orange, but i could be wroung because i have seen flight mecs on HH-60's whereing orange flight suits as well as the pilots so it might be a district thing, ill have to check, and the S vests are usually always blue, i also know you have to qualify in the 65 before you can fly a 60 but that info has nothing to do with this topic.

I will discuss all issue you raised with the staff, but the suits will stay orange, only we'll change the color of the helmets. Not only do we have a lot of images showing the orange suits, I actually have one here in my office that I got as a present from a Jayhawk pilot. The color of the suit and the color of the helicopter are highly depending on your graphic system and the monitor setting. I run a calibrated color system here and the color is just a fraction brighter (I doubt most people would actually see it when compared) then it should be.

We do that because FS has a tendency to gray out colors too fast. We do a addon for a game, not a rated simulation for the Coast Guard. For Fs things are often bigger and brighter then they are in real life, that is just to make them more attractive. You might prefer realism to the max, but that leads to products that are not easy to sell. Customers like wheels a bit larger then they should be, fuselages a bit more streamlined then they actually are and all textures to be bright and sharp. The fact many customers have moved to LCD screens caused us to change the color palets we use!

I dont know for some reason it looks red to me and not a light red a dark red, where in real pictures it kinda has the redish orange but it was still light, i mean of course in the real would the sun and weather will fade the colors but for some reason your bird looks red.

Anyway thats not as important as the other stuff i listed like the flight mec, winch, nose position, flight mec and winch are the 2 big one's.

Also if your going to give the aircraft a number dont for get to also put the number of the aircraft on its "for head".