Announcement: Coast Guard project

will the boat have an ATC operator in it?

They arent exactly Air Traffic Controls but they control the sky around the boat etc. It would be a cool touch.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aerosoft
Hey guys,

Time for some new screens :wink: :D . How's progress on the ship? Will it have a vc?

Jeroen

No VC, just a very simple panel, we don't really think we should try to make FS a boat sim. No matter what you do, the ship will always feel like a large Cessna on floats. The fact you can drive the ship should really be seen as a gimmick. But attached a shot of the panel bitmap.

That image looks very familiar...

:lol:

The project is coming along...

It will BEYOND your expectations. Expect a all new package, much more than just an add-on for Aerosoft's Seahawk and Boxer.

It's going to be "up there"!

No VC, just a very simple panel, we don't really think we should try to make FS a boat sim. No matter what you do, the ship will always feel like a large Cessna on floats. The fact you can drive the ship should really be seen as a gimmick. But attached a shot of the panel bitmap.

Bummer as there are many that drive ships around FS and a couple of sites dedicated to it. Doesn't take much to clone the exterior model for the interior model and compile (unless it is too poly heavy like the Boxer), this gives more options and thus more users, oh well.

Bummer as there are many that drive ships around FS and a couple of sites dedicated to it. Doesn't take much to clone the exterior model for the interior model and compile (unless it is too poly heavy like the Boxer), this gives more options and thus more users, oh well.

Believe me it's not that linear.

This product is intended to be an expansion for the Seahawk. The fact that this project has a "drivable" boat emerged during the Beta testing.

But that doesn't mean it's going to be perfect. The star here is the Jayhawk. Even so, the Cutter will be an enjoyable ride, I assure you.

After all, all boats if FS9 are large modified Cessna Caravan's hulls...

FACT!

Believe me it's not that linear.

This product is intended to be an expansion for the Seahawk. The fact that this project has a "drivable" boat emerged during the Beta testing.

But that doesn't mean it's going to be perfect. The star here is the Jayhawk. Even so, the Cutter will be an enjoyable ride, I assure you.

With all due respect, I can't see why it's not that linear, setting up the CFG (contact points, etc) takes more time than combining the 2 models. The fact you guys went to the trouble to make it driveable in the first place is kinda mute since many use VCs these days. I can assure you since I never use a 2D, then this is just filler in the addon and will never be used, luckily there is an alternative that can be static, drivable and comes with a VC.

After all, all boats if FS9 are large modified Cessna Caravan's hulls...

FACT!

Kinda like FS heli airfiles, oh well. :roll:

With all due respect, I can't see why it's not that linear, setting up the CFG (contact points, etc) takes more time than combining the 2 models. The fact you guys went to the trouble to make it driveable in the first place is kinda mute since many use VCs these days. I can assure you since I never use a 2D, then this is just filler in the addon and will never be used, luckily there is an alternative that can be static, drivable and comes with a VC.

Like I said, the Jayhawk is the true star, here. Like I also said this boat wasn't even suppose to have a panel at all since the "driving" mode is to position it to create a BGL for the static scenery boat.

Tell me: how many payware packages have a drivable boat (at all) with virtual cockpit in it along with one of the best helicopter models for FS9?

Our Jayhawk is much more than a muscled Bell206, I assure you...

Sorry for not reading the whole thread if this has been adressed already but...

How is this Jayhawk different than the one in the Seahawk package?

The HH-60 version in this package has been upgraded with:

1. A working which

2. An animated cable operator

3. Updated model featuring external fuel tanks and searchlight

4. Updated Textures featuring accurate colors of uniforms.

5. Improved engine sounds with throttle dynamics

And, of course, the NSC 750 Bertholf. The new USCG Cutter. with:

1. Drivable version for positioning with simple panel

2. Static model work as BGL

3. Placement tool for the static model

4. Fully modelled landing pad on the static model

5. Total new effects for a "floater"

et all...

• Aerosoft

Kinda like FS heli airfiles, oh well. :roll:

Sorry, but there just is no budget or time for a complete interior of the bridge. These new cutters are fully digitized and the bridge is a large open space with a highly complex set of stations. Many many times more complex then a 747 virtual cockpit and to make it look good we would need at least as many polygons as the full model as it is now.

Even the 2d panel will be very very limited. The fact the ship moves is actually just intended to get it into a position where the placement tool can compile it into a scenery object.

Hello mathjiskok.

Do you looking for and Betatester, too?

I would to wonder if you looking for and further betatester.

I will very willingly betatesting this wunderful Projekt...

So you can contakt me on LeyTimm[at]gmx[dot]de

Thank you very mutch!!!

Greetings...

Timm Rehberg

• Aerosoft
Hello mathjiskok.

Do you looking for and Betatester, too?

I would to wonder if you looking for and further betatester.

I will very willingly betatesting this wunderful Projekt...

So you can contakt me on LeyTimm[at]gmx[dot]de

Thank you very mutch!!!

Greetings...

Timm Rehberg

Sorry beta test is already running for some time now.

How much of the flight dynamics will be changed, and to what extent, also will you be modeling two independent working engines this time, or is this more of a model upgrade with a new ship?

Also on start up will you have gradual turbin whine up so the rotors gradually spin up when you open the fuel levers or will it stay the same and go from static to fully spinning? Will you hear the gradual turbin whine up and when you turn off the helicopter will you be able to hear the turbins and rotors spinning and whining down, or will it be silent?

How much of the flight dynamics will be changed, and to what extent, also will you be modeling two independant working engines this time, or is this more of a model upgrade with a new ship?

I think that's been answered before. As I remember, the fuel weight has been adjusted, other than that, I guess it's quite the same ... it's the same airframe afterall ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Stewart

The Project is going steady on course, now.

We are almost done with the chopper itself, and are now working on the Cutter with more intensity.

The boat positioning tool is now working at full thottle and will certainly bring a new dimension in interactivity. We can literally populate our seas now... and rivers!

The whole package is very steady and the good news are that the Framerates are excelent as opposed to the boxer.

We are completely sure this will be a must buy

On the behalf of the Coast Guard Beta Team