Dear Jared,

Thank you for visiting our website! In response to your question,

pilots and aircrew were originally issued blue drysuits. A few years

ago, they switched the type of drysuits they were issued and made them

orange, so if the pilots went into the water they could be seen more

easily. The pilots and crew who were originally issued the blue

drysuits are permitted to wear them until they are unservicable. Pretty

soon, they'll all be wearing the new orange ones, but they still have a

few pilots and crew hanging on to the old blue ones.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zippy

Actually I have thousands of pictures of Coast Guard Crews.

The majority of those feature Aircrews with GREEN jumpsuits and others with ORANGE ones. I only have one single picture with a Mako (not jayhawk) where the crew is dressed with what appears to be a bluish jumpsuit. All pictures are fairly recent.

Furthermore I noticed that ground based crews all wear the GREEN suits but the ship based ones wear Hi-Viz Orange.

What's common on ALL crews is the Metallic Blue helmet which is already being painted to match the real thing.

As for the changes you mention, you're absolutely right BUT as Mathjis said, this is not a certified simulator for Coast Guard.

If it was we wouldn't be releasing it so soon because we would have to revamp the whole chopper to meet the reality standards that not even FS2004 can match. Hard work on a lousy platform that may not even be possible.

The chopper colors you mention are fine to me even when I decided to remake the whole USCG logo I had a Hi-Res pic side by side to it and, guess what? Matching reds...

You cannot match the true life polygons and flight models and procedures with Fs2004.

Why? FS2004 DOES NOT have a proper model for helicopters.

Please take a good look on how many ACCURATE aeroplanes there are, both freeware or payware...

Now match them with how many choppers you can find with Aerosoft's quality...

Hey Glide was up, long time no chat, you still on MSN messenger? whats your name if you are, i havent talked to you in a long time, shoot me an email juice476@hotmail.com thats my public email ill send you my private one through that.

I have seen alot of them in the blue flight suit on videos that i have seen, also alot in that program that aird called "sos:coast guard rescue" that was on the discovery channel, and i have some photos of Jayhawk aircrew whereing them, but i have also seen alot of them with the orange flight suits as well thats why i was getting confused but that email clears it up pretty well.

As far as the modeling goes, i just feel like the winch and the flight mec are the 2 big issues, i mean its not a new thing i have said somthing several times about the winch, and the nose but i know that i dont have to tell you that glide.

Hey in your pics what color do you have the S vests? Everyone i have seen are dark blue.

But in the end its your guy's project not mine, i just wish these minor issues could be addressed.

Hey guys, when all is said and done...ITS A GAME! If ya got to have that kind of reality then pay the houndreds of thousands of dollars for REAL CERTIFIED SIMULATION....I think these folks do a fantastic job with what they have to work with. There may very well be better out there, but if thats what you want, then you got to go find it, and be willing to PAY for it. In my books, $15.00 is an awesome price for something thats as close as it is...These folks that have invested the houndreds of hours to learn how to do this in the first place are making astonishing advancements, every day. Just my 2 cents. Robin

• Aerosoft
Hey guys, when all is said and done...ITS A GAME! If ya got to have that kind of reality then pay the houndreds of thousands of dollars for REAL CERTIFIED SIMULATION....I think these folks do a fantastic job with what they have to work with. There may very well be better out there, but if thats what you want, then you got to go find it, and be willing to PAY for it. In my books, $15.00 is an awesome price for something thats as close as it is...These folks that have invested the houndreds of hours to learn how to do this in the first place are making astonishing advancements, every day. Just my 2 cents. Robin

Lol, here is a shot of the suits as we will use them, no change is going to be made on them. Radar, stand of crew guy and hoist is also changed. From this moment on we'll only work on the ship (we decided to make it 'flyable' so you can drive it along the deas of FS and the module to place the object.

:D mathjiskok i never thought i would say this but i have nothing to say its awsome, thank you for fixing the nose, winch and flight mec, and th helmets look great as well, im looking forward to mare screens and then the release awsome.

Hey Glide was up, long time no chat, you still on MSN messenger? whats your name if you are, i havent talked to you in a long time, shoot me an email juice476@hotmail.com thats my public email ill send you my private one through that.

Will do...

As far as the modeling goes, i just feel like the winch and the flight mec are the 2 big issues, i mean its not a new thing i have said somthing several times about the winch, and the nose but i know that i dont have to tell you that glide.

Like I said you got a point! A new model is in the forge. but keep the thought that this is a Flightsim Addon and not a accurate sim.

ey in your pics what color do you have the S vests? Everyone i have seen are dark blue.

You mean the harness and utility vest? Green or Black (may be dark blue). but I think this is highly irrelevant as there are crews who wear both colors, as a beta tester I stick with the orange...

Ok here is some of my fun lately

PLEASE NOTE: The Aerosoft's Coast Guard package contains the HH-60 Jayhawk and the NSC Cutter.

The other aircraft are: Icarus Mako, Anti's Dauphin and CaptainSim Hercules. These ARE NOT INCLUDED in the package.

But you can mixed them... wouldn't you agree they make a good bunch?

Fleet2.jpg

Fleet.jpg

• Aerosoft
Now do the safty nets go up and down, because i see that in some pics the safty nets are up then in the new pics you posted there down how does this work.

When you position the ships using the nice little tool we got for that (just slew the model in location, press a key and restart FS), you get the option between the two models. One is for flight operations, the other for harbour models etc.

Btw, Zippy, about the colour of the hawk. Can you tell me what graphics card, what kind of monitor and what color profile you are using? We are looking at this issue, but as explained, display of red it is HIGHLY depending on the hardware and settings.

I've been hoping to find an FS2004 Sikorsky HH3F Pelican. I fly the Jayhawk instead, but the old H3 would be great. I flew as SAR Aircrew on the HH3F in the 70's.

Scott

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...