NEW RWY 25 R/ 07 L in EDDF - not with Aerosoft ?

Simflieger

Starting this weekend IVAO ( and Vatsim) will give ATC-service for EDDF new runway 25R/07L.

So I have to deactivate my MEGA Airport Frankfurt and to install a freeware product !!

Since 2007 everybody knew the upcoming changes in Frankfurt. Aerosoft, too ?

Since summer 2011 taxiways in EDDF have new designators. Not with Aerosoft !!

Starting this weekend IVAO ( and Vatsim) will give ATC-service for EDDF new runway 25R/07L. So I have to deactivate my MEGA Airport Frankfurt and to install a freeware product !! Since 2007 everybody knew the upcoming changes in Frankfurt. Aerosoft, too ? Since summer 2011 taxiways in EDDF have new designators. Not with Aerosoft !!

The updates etc for EDDF has been mentioned numerous times, it may be done by the developers but as to when is not known. As airports are constantly changing developers have other tasks and deadlines to meet before considering doing updates for changes to airports.

You dont see Microsoft updating the default airports everytime theres a change ;)

• 3 weeks later...

The update is available! Version 2.02 for FS2004 and version 1.05 for FSX!

Changes:

• added north-west runway 07L/25R
  • changing of runway signs 07C/25C
  • updated taxiway names as of (20.10.2011)
  • updated approaches for runways
  • new DFS Tower
  • 3D Runway- and approach lighting for all runways
  • updated AESLite

Again. I have never purchased any products via Aerosoft directly, thus I cannot have Aerosoft Update

You can. Just go to the updates section of the Aerosoft website sign up and enter your product details. Then you'll be able to download the update.

go to you Aerosoft Update/FAQ Account and Download last Update

I'm must be doing something wrong but when I go to updates on the Aerosoft site and select Mega Airport Frankfurt I can only see Service pack 1 and a fix for static aircraft. Tried to register but get the message that the product is already registered. I have the installation file for version 2.0 (I think it was a free upgrade from MAF2005 as my order-history shows that I bought it in 2007). B.t.w. just noticed that Aerosoft Launcher also did not recognize MAF being installed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rob

The update is available! Version 2.02 for FS2004 and version 1.05 for FSX!

Changes:

• added north-west runway 07L/25R
  • changing of runway signs 07C/25C
  • updated taxiway names as of (20.10.2011)
  • updated approaches for runways
  • new DFS Tower
  • 3D Runway- and approach lighting for all runways
  • updated AESLite

Hello all,

Thanks for bringing to life the new north runway 07L/25R... a very needed update !

However, I'm wondering if this update has to be considered as "temporary" or are the EDDF developers considering a "better" option ?

I mean... as Aerosoft always delivered top-notch quality sceneries, this update is rather eye-hurting (stock FS9 textures for the runway and taxiways is a pity) !

Also, some very needed new taxiways aren't still not present (for instance, in order to have a better AI flow, the new taxi links R-EAST and R3, leading to the threshold 25L would be really useful) !

Are you considering a new aerial picture as ground texture for the new northern part ?

Best regards,

• Developer

Hi Jean-Philippe,

the Update is define as "temporary", because for next year a complete new Version of MAF is planned. The problem is, that the photo needed to make a new photoground for the complete Airport was not available, it is done at the 1th of September and will be available for the developers next weeks. Beside other projects of the GAP-Team must finished first, this is the base to start the development of the new Version, where all the changes of construction will be addressed, beside all now known performance optimizings.

But there are several complex part to solve, like the terrian around the new Taxibridges, so the development will take some month time. That not all MAF user needs to ignore the new runway, we make the decision to provide this update, even when it is not as perfect as allways. I think, for the operation with the new layout, this temp. update will provide all needed parts.

Thanks for the explanation Oliver, really understanding the choice Aerosoft has made. Regarding this new version; will it be a free update (for existing MAF users), and will it include elevated bridges like in EDDM?

• Developer

Thanks for the explanation Oliver, really understanding the choice Aerosoft has made. Regarding this new version; will it be a free update (for existing MAF users), and will it include elevated bridges like in EDDM?

No, it will be a new product, the changes will be to massive for a cost free update. I can't say if the are upgrade offers, that's not my decision, but in the past they had one.

The decision regarding the taxibridges is not done yet, to make it real, the taxiway must go in the level up over the highways, but this will have the negative effect, that the AI Traffic will not follow this level. So I prefer the EDDM variant, to bring the highway below the taxiway, even when this is not 100% as the real situation. But I don't know, if that can be done.

Hi Jean-Philippe,

the Update is define as "temporary", because for next year a complete new Version of MAF is planned. The problem is, that the photo needed to make a new photoground for the complete Airport was not available, it is done at the 1th of September and will be available for the developers next weeks. Beside other projects of the GAP-Team must finished first, this is the base to start the development of the new Version, where all the changes of construction will be addressed, beside all now known performance optimizings.

But there are several complex part to solve, like the terrian around the new Taxibridges, so the development will take some month time. That not all MAF user needs to ignore the new runway, we make the decision to provide this update, even when it is not as perfect as allways. I think, for the operation with the new layout, this temp. update will provide all needed parts.

Hello Oliver,

Thanks a lot for the explanation.

I'm happy to read that we can expect a great new future add-on from Aerosoft ! :-)

Cheers,

I need some help.

Today went in my aerosoft download/order page and downloaded available version of Mega airport EDDF; the version is 2.01.

In FAQ/support page there is only a service pack that i suppose is not useful to update new runway (and also do not install because gives me an error "can't find EDDF path")

No way to get 2.02 with new runway and recent updates of the airport.

Notice that i have the first version of EDDF (2005 updated to 2008).

Do i need to purchase MA Frankfurt X and update it to have new update 2.02? (i use FS9)

Please help me!!!

Hello Matthew,

You have the old version so would need to purchase the upgraded version.

Thanks very much Shaun!!! Supposed was that but i hed to be sure 100% before upgrading.

Regards