Corfu X released

Are the buses used for taking passengers from the terminal to the plane? oddly enough, I have only been to small GA fields or larger international airports with gates and jetways that lead right to the terminal - I really should get out more often! I don't mind the bus - but can see your point -maybe a bit less frequent of a schedule would work....

J

1. When taxing out to R35, there is a sign that says: C R35 - R17. This sign is placed nearly across the yellow taxi line, and should of course not be there. I believe it is the original default sign, but unless it is my installation that should have removed this and has not, perhaps this can be removed

To make sure of which file might be the problem, could you attach a screenshot clearly showing the location please?

2. Outside the departures section of the buildings there is a Hertz bus that runs along the apron. This is a nice touch, but it suddenly appears in this area; i.e., does not come from around the corner or somewhere. Today I was sitting at Gate 3 (I think!), and while going through all my checks etc found this very distracting. 3. Running alongside Runway 35 is a road, and as per the bus, item 2, is a car that suddenly appears in the same manner.

I know I could just switch off the latter two items, but I do like to see things 'moving' around the airport. As said just a couple of minor things really, but if they could be addressed with a future update that would be good.

A problem with animated vehicles in FSX is time. And by this, I mean that an object can be animated only for a specific limited amount of time, at the end of which the animation is restarted, a constant animation loop therefore. We did try to have an animation path that would not be revealing this loop too much, but the object density in that area does not help that much. Point taken however, and will see if something better can be done.

Thanks for the points made :)

Hello;

What version of My Traffic do you have installed,I was just looking through my traffic-scenery folder,and there is a a BR2_LGKR.BGL file in mine,I have My Traffic X 5.3b installed..I have Fsx Acceleration installed.

Mark

Hello;

What version of My Traffic do you have installed,I was just looking through my traffic-scenery folder,and there is a a BR2_LGKR.BGL file in mine,I have My Traffic X 5.3b installed..I have Fsx Acceleration installed.

Mark

Hi Mark -

I have 'Traffic X' (Just flight), which differs from 'My Traffic' (Aerosoft). Seems like there is a BGL in Aerosofts product, but not Traffic X, or at least the version I have, which is the latest for FSX.

Cheers - Jim

Hi EmilG, sorry can't provide a picture at present. I have my own 737-800 cockpit, and a couple of days ago while doing a 360' turn to line up on R35, Corfu, one of my springs in my foot pedal PFC unit broke! I have had to send for a replacement to PFC in San Fransico, and it will be a good week until I am back up and flying. Electrics etc had to be removed to get at unit, so can't even turn on P.C.s to obtain snap shot.

In response to the Delevopers response, I understand the loop problem, but as you say perhaps it can be looked at in the future.

Hi EmilG, sorry can't provide a picture at present. I have my own 737-800 cockpit, and a couple of days ago while doing a 360' turn to line up on R35, Corfu, one of my springs in my foot pedal PFC unit broke! I have had to send for a replacement to PFC in San Fransico, and it will be a good week until I am back up and flying. Electrics etc had to be removed to get at unit, so can't even turn on P.C.s to obtain snap shot.

sorry to hear that...it is hard turn isn't it? :)

Hi EmilG, your quite right, a hard turn indeed, hence pressing hard on my rudder pedal when spring snapped!! Rudder unit is now seven years old and just decided it had had enough!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Jumping in here with the same mesh problem. Did my first flight shortly after release with the Cessna Mustang, starting in EDDM and landing in Corfu without any (mesh)problem. Also did some roundtrips from Corfu, no problem at all. Today I did a flight in my slow Bonanza from Santorini and I also got this problem. Here some screenshots, with "flying cars

corfu2.jpg

corfu1.jpg

Running ver. 1.1 and no other mesh installed in this area.

Hey Otto -

Did you check in the Aerosoft Launcher after upgrading to 1.1. When I upgraded - the scenery was listed as active, but a button below that indicated that an update was make (or something like that) and the scenery did not behave correctly until I clicked on that. May be a long shot - but I had all sorts of funky things going on before I did that - and of course, that would not explain why you the issue suddenly appeared if it was working during previous fights with 1.1....

j

• Deputy Sheriffs

No there is no such button, and I'm 99.99% sure that this got nothing to do with this problem, as the Launcher doesn't do anything with the scenery.

It just tells you that there might be a new version, it doesn't automatically download or even install a new version. As I understood the launcher just reads the version number in the corresponding product.cfg.

No there is no such button, and I'm 99.99% sure that this got nothing to do with this problem, as the Launcher doesn't do anything with the scenery.

It just tells you that there might be a new version, it doesn't automatically download or even install a new version. As I understood the launcher just reads the version number in the corresponding product.cfg.

Was a long shot - I am not even sure that that was completely the root cause of the issue I had as I uninstalled/reinstalled and then noticed the launcher thing.... The clue I had that the default Airport BGL file was creeping through was numerous elevation issues (similar to your shots, but not exactly the same), combined with AI traffic lining up towards the terminal building, which is how the parking is aligned in the default).

Best of luck with it - hopefully support can help you out with it - do post the fix when you discover it as I or others may run into the same issue down the road....

Cheers - J

Jumping in here with the same mesh problem. Did my first flight shortly after release with the Cessna Mustang, starting in EDDM and landing in Corfu without any (mesh)problem. Also did some roundtrips from Corfu, no problem at all. Today I did a flight in my slow Bonanza from Santorini and I also got this problem. Here some screenshots, with "flying cars

corfu2.jpg

corfu1.jpg

Running ver. 1.1 and no other mesh installed in this area.

Welcome to club there is something wrong here ;-) just parked the scenery not usable at this stage :mallet_s:

• Deputy Sheriffs

Really strange, did two other flights today: long flight from EDDM with no mesh problems and a shorter one from LGPZ (abou 60 nm south) also without any problem :confused_s:

Yep indeed, but i think it might be some problems whit the ALT as the picture from yesterday show where i corected rwy elevation to 6 ft in 1 file as it was set to 11.84 ft so it seems some where there is some problems whit the alt and why FS have problems finding the right ALT. but why it finds it right when start and form some destinations i dont know... also as far as i know, 2 files (AFX) is not a good idear, as normaly there is only a standart and a modifyeid for the add-on. as i see it now when edit elevation in 1 of the AFX dokuments automatic changse the other, so i dont think its only 1 thing there cause it.

I have tryeid mix and so but cant get it correct...

We are still working trying to reproduce the same mesh problem, but no luck as yet. Without being able to reproduce the issue, we can only suggest solutions 'blindly' and this delays things.

It seems that the mesh problem some people have appears when approaching from some airports only, but is not a universal issue. This would suggest that when starting from an airport, i.e. LGSR, then FSX loads a cluster of files which are preventing our own mesh to be loaded on approach to LGKR. This however is not the case when approaching from EDDM as mentioned previously. For those who have the mesh problem on approach, the only easy solution for now is to quickly reload the scenery before starting the approach (i.e. create a quick button for reload such as R) and then proceed normally.

For those who observe the issue when starting at LGKR, this is purely due to own FSX installation problems, and cannot be fixed with an update, users must find the potential conflict with other sceneries. However, this is not something we have seen and is only rarely reported.

We are still working trying to reproduce the same mesh problem, but no luck as yet. Without being able to reproduce the issue, we can only suggest solutions 'blindly' and this delays things.

It seems that the mesh problem some people have appears when approaching from some airports only, but is not a universal issue. This would suggest that when starting from an airport, i.e. LGSR, then FSX loads a cluster of files which are preventing our own mesh to be loaded on approach to LGKR. This however is not the case when approaching from EDDM as mentioned previously. For those who have the mesh problem on approach, the only easy solution for now is to quickly reload the scenery before starting the approach (i.e. create a quick button for reload such as R) and then proceed normally.

For those who observe the issue when starting at LGKR, this is purely due to own FSX installation problems, and cannot be fixed with an update, users must find the potential conflict with other sceneries. However, this is not something we have seen and is only rarely reported.

Well that's not a solution and actually ridiculous to propose :mecry_s:

Actually its not at all ridiculous. There have been many instances of a scenery working fine for virtually everyone except for a few who have the same issue actually making the problem harder to resolve. If you had a completely fresh install of FSX with service packs then the scenery would more than probably work straight out of the box. So to say the problem is particular to a customers setup is a totally logical and fair assumption.

Actually its not at all ridiculous. There have been many instances of a scenery working fine for virtually everyone except for a few who have the same issue actually making the problem harder to resolve. If you had a completely fresh install of FSX with service packs then the scenery would more than probably work straight out of the box. So to say the problem is particular to a customers setup is a totally logical and fair assumption.

Well Shaun I have more knowledge as the average customer here since I'm a developer too, but in this case I'm a customer...

But I find the answer ridiculous to reload a scenery before approach (i thought i heard it all lol amazing)

that's not a solution and the problem exist local only with this scenery...

From the 30 + Aerosoft add-on sceneries for Europe here local there isn't such a problem only with this particular one...

Then it's fair to give a refund for your loyal customers if you can't solve the problem which I think is related to this scenery design...

Hence Shaun you can expect that your customers don't have a pristine FSX SP2 installation in the contrary, because they buy Aerosoft software.

Your answer feels a bit like this :mallet_s:

Cheers,

André

well yep i have to agree feel it was a waste of time to reinstall in another location FSX to SP2 insted of acceleration to see it dident work. and futher more as said when i open the files there is different altitude levels for the runway in the 2 AFX files, how should FSX KNOW what it should select ? and mabe some of the test works as we force it to open 1 file we wanted to use. as when i start edit the AFX file it changse both files to the same alt but when it does that, why isetn it happens when we have instaled it. As it starts whit 2 altitude levels tryeid some times to confirm it as when i edit 1 of them they use same level in both levels. but could be some other places to wher it have problems locating the right ALT

There is nothing wrong with the having two AF-files. One is used for airport modification, and the other is the elevation adjustment file, and both share the same altitude whatsoever. FSX has no choice to make between altitudes.

The problem with some FSX installations is that the terrain mesh fails to load correctly when starting in a remote location.

As I said previously, the scenery reload is a temporary way to overcome this problem until we can reproduce the issue here and troubleshoot it.

Well Shaun I have more knowledge as the average customer here since I'm a developer too, but in this case I'm a customer...

But I find the answer ridiculous to reload a scenery before approach (i thought i heard it all lol amazing)

that's not a solution and the problem exist local only with this scenery...

From the 30 + Aerosoft add-on sceneries for Europe here local there isn't such a problem only with this particular one...

Then it's fair to give a refund for your loyal customers if you can't solve the problem which I think is related to this scenery design...

Hence Shaun you can expect that your customers don't have a pristine FSX SP2 installation in the contrary, because they buy Aerosoft software.

Your answer feels a bit like this :mallet_s:

Cheers,

André

I was just referring to a problem being specific to an individuals FSX setup rather than the solution given.

Where were you flying in from when this happens, maybe I can try a similar flight and see if anything happens here.

• Aerosoft

Andre, I take offense to that reply for three reasons.

• As a developer you should know that FSX has a nasty tendency to 'forget' to flush parts of it's memory. That's why you sometime get strange effects when you fly from one place to another. We seen this with many customers for example with our Lukla scenery. I have had a 'relead scenery' key binding for years and years. takes half a second to press and a few seconds to actually do it's work. It's even in my checklists for some landings. If only because it often makes framerates go up a LOT! Microsoft never replied to our questions on this.
  • It is not an issue you will see on a clean FSX and that's the only thing we (can!) guarantee. You know better then me that there are a lot of mostly freeware files that have slight errors that cause effects hundreds of miles from the area they cover. It has bugged our Manhattan scenery for example a lot.
  • It was not offered as a solution but as a solution that works while the developers are looking into the issue. Calling a temporary work around ridiculous is just bad form and a lack of respect for the developers.

I also like to make clear this is one of our best selling projects and that though we are aware of the issue we can NOT recreate it. We are almost 100% sure it is because another scenery interferes. We'll keep looking into this issue but chances you will see it are remote.