Update 1.16 is OUT

OK guys and girls

Spring has come to Andras Field, along with new houses and owners. Helicopter plots have been inhabited, so the buzzing ot whiskers will stir up the quiet afternoons in the airpark. Oh those brave men with their TopGun sunglasses, inside their bold Helicopters.

In other words....

The 1.16 update of Andras Field scenery is out. Get it HERE.

Update is as usual, by unzipping the "AS-Andras field update 1.16" folder. Then throw the "Aerosoft" folder inside - into your main FSX dir. Overwrite files when asked, and fire up FSX.... And suddenly its spring in the Airfield.

Time to take that Huey out of it's hangar, and go exploring the new additions and the nice spring texutres :lol:

Thanks for the update!

AND - that reminds me Ladies and Gentlemen.

The offer still stands. Every plotowner in Andras Field get a free Airbus X ((ABx) download - except the Heliplots owners - they get a free Huey X (Hx) download instead. So if you have bought a plot in Andras Field, and havent gotten your free ABx or Hx - please say so, and Ill help you get it.

(and if you already bought the product you are offered for free - let me know that as well - because Aerosoft will then kindly let you have a replacement download. All you need is proof of purchase of the ABx or Hx)

Now is that a great offer or what? smile.gif

Hi Folks- Have been verrrrry busy, but was able to download the nifty 1.16 update. As usual, it is simply a great job! BTW, the playground is terrific; my wife loves it. :)

As I seem to have lost the ambient sounds (argument, folks chatting near the diner, voices at the Airpark, etc.), I am wondering if perhaps I did something wrong last time around when I deleted the previous [v1.14] Andras installation and installed the v1.15 full version a month or two ago prior to executing today's v1.16 incremental update. Essentially, I hear no ambient voices and discussions anymore. Have they been removed from the scenery, or would you recommend a reinstall?

Thanks a bunch, and will be seeing you soon! Rusty

Hey Rusty, the voices (not the ones in your head :lol: ) should still be there. My recommended course of action, uninstall AF via programs & features, run FSX, reboot and then reinstall AF. As for the voices in your head, I suggest high dosages of sout and or ale. That should kill off the defective brain cells :lol:

Hey Matt, buddy!

Thanks very much, I tried as you suggested. First, I deselected/unchecked Andras from my FSX Scenery Library, and exited the program. Next, from my Windows Control Panel, I performed a complete uninstall of Andras Field from my pc. I then started a FSX session, loaded a flight, ended the flight and then exited FSX. I next installed the full v1.15, and then started FSX, confirmed its presense and selection in the Scenery Library, loaded a flight, ended the flight and then exited FSX. Finally, I executed the newly released v1.16 incremental update by extracting its ZIP's contents to the necessary ...Aerosoft/Andras... folders. I then started FSX, loaded a flight and taxied on over to the diner and brick building :lol:. I did see the arguing couple back, but again, I do not hear voices...in my head or otherwise lol :lol: . In fact, taxing around the airport and the Airpark, I no longer hear ambient human voices, discussions or arguments of any kind, whereas in the past, such conversations were abundant. I do however hear other ambient sounds such as running water (from the river, say, behind my house @ AF02) and the like but, again, I do not seem to have the ambient discussions and voices anymore.

Any further suggestions, or would you at this point recommend an abundance of martinis in order to get the voices back?! :D

Thanks again Buddy, and talk to you soon!

Blue skies, Rusty

Hi,

the same to me! No sounds at all, but I can´t remember, that I have had those with 1.15 either (a dog, running water? never heard).... Now I did like this:

unchecked and deinstalled the AF 1.16 in FSX Library

shut down FSX and restart, no AF in Library

shut down and restart Win7

deinstalled AF via Win7

shutdown and restart Win7

AF has gone

fresh install of AF1.15

run FSX and checked Library. Ok. AF on the first position

run FSX with default Trike on EAFS, parking 1, daytime.

No sounds, just motor and wind from Trike.

Checked folders: Folder "Sounds" with just the 7 wav files as well as a second folder "Sound" with the same 7 wavfiles, but also all the rest of wav files (t.ex. GibraltarX - and it works fine).

Went with Trike to Diner.

Seeing 2 girls talking, no sounds

switching time to saturday, 20p.m., no sound, no one dancing

Install of Update 1.16

Same flight

Now - new: a couple is discussing beside the old men, but no sounds.

Furthe to Diner, New: a couple is dancing beside the 2girls, but no sound

switching time to saturday 19p.m., no sounds

How can I proof sounds? Where and when HAVE I to hear them? t.ex. the dog... (didn´t know, that there is one....;-))

In the scenery GibraltatX, I can hear all the ambient sounds, like birds, hangar noise and everything. And in the folder of the Gibraltar-wave-files, there are the AF-wavfiles allso...

But I still like the scenery! Nice new houses!

Regards, Stephan

• Deputy Sheriffs

Same here, no ambient sound at all.

Something else I noticed: Beneath one of the hangars seems to be something like a fountain, but there is nothing to see where it comes from, no spring at all:

• 4 weeks later...

AND - that reminds me Ladies and Gentlemen.

The offer still stands. Every plotowner in Andras Field get a free Airbus X ((ABx) download - except the Heliplots owners - they get a free Huey X (Hx) download instead. So if you have bought a plot in Andras Field, and havent gotten your free ABx or Hx - please say so, and Ill help you get it.

(and if you already bought the product you are offered for free - let me know that as well - because Aerosoft will then kindly let you have a replacement download. All you need is proof of purchase of the ABx or Hx)

Now is that a great offer or what? smile.gif

Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus!

biggrin.gif

As a new plot owner, what do I do to get the Airbus X?

Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus! Airbus!

biggrin.gif

As a new plot owner, what do I do to get the Airbus X?

See PM.