AFAA Club

Beer snob here--I make my own and it's better than anything you can buy.

As an American beer snob, I hate BMC (BudMillerCoors) which is a worldwide embarrassment. Spent time in Belgium and thought I'd died and gone to heaven. Everything except Hoegaarden and Jupiler was fab, but my favorite was Westmalle Dubbel.

If I was stuck on a desert island with one generic beer style tap, I'd want it to be a British Bitter, unless you could promise me a great Scottish 80.

Not a big lager fan (due to the BMC crap), but I can make an exception for Germany's real beers. I also like Bavarian hefeweizen and Kolsch.

However, don't down American craft beer just because it's American. Trust me, I'll stack DogfishHead, Victory, Brooklyn, or Sierra Nevada up against any beer in the world.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent time in Belgium and thought I'd died and gone to heaven. Everything except Hoegaarden and Jupiler was fab, but my favorite was Westmalle Dubbel.

Jupiler isn't my favourite Pils either, but it certainly isn't the worst Belgian pils lol!

Westmalle Dubbel is very good indeed, if you like brown beers... I prefer the Westmalle Tripel :lol:

But then again, taste is personal, and there are soooooooo many beers in the world... many good, but also many less good lol!

Jupiler isn't my favourite Pils either, but it certainly isn't the worst Belgian pils lol!

Westmalle Dubbel is very good indeed, if you like brown beers... I prefer the Westmalle Tripel :lol:

But then again, taste is personal, and there are soooooooo many beers in the world... many good, but also many less good lol!

I will look out for them - although a pear cider is a nice thought!

• 1 month later...

Matt, you will be overjoyed to hear that I have found Spitfire here in Paphos. As I type, I have a bottle not far from my right elbow. Just need to get someone to do some scenery for the new Paphos airport...

I just have to plug my favourite beer. The best Dutch brewery:

De Molen

Ratebeer Best 2010

Very special was the award shower we received this week by Ratebeer.com. By thousands of beerlovers from many countries worldwide scores were given to beers from all over the world. A truely wordwide competition. Over 2.47 million reviews of 110,000 beers from over 9680 brewers were tallied. A particular emphasis was placed on tastings from the last year's performance.

The awards:

• Gold Award by winning 10th place for Best Brewers in the World. We are the only European brewery in the Top 10 and the only Dutch brewery in the Top 100. This list is mainly dominated by North American, Belgian and Scandinavian breweries.
  • Gold Award for Hel & Verdoemenis for a place in the Top 100 Best Beers in the World. Als the only Dutch beer in this list.
  • Tsarina Esra Reserva won a Gold Award for Best Dutch Beer. Besides that de Molen won 12 Golden Awards, 8 Silver Awards and 12 Bronze Awards. Almost 1000 Dutch beers joined this competition for 50 Awards

I just stacked my fridge at AF52 so come and get some!

Hello Folks,

I'm gonna stick with my Matt Smiths, um silly me John Smiths not so real ale till my Marstons Pedigree arrives.

Lastly have a few Double G&Ts to refresh ones taste buds after the JS,

Hello Folks,

I'm gonna stick with my Matt Smiths, um silly me John Smiths not so real ale till my Marstons Pedigree arrives.

Lastly have a few Double G&Ts to refresh ones taste buds after the JS,

Hmm John Smiths :P I quick fancy some Theakstons Old Perculiar. Nothing like a beer that messes with your head :lol:

But how do you come to that conclusion as your eads already f@ oops messed up :lol:

Im sure my dad told me on some past father son bonding evening/#### up :lol:

Blue whale :lol: I now know why Ole named this thread AFAA Club :hahaha_s: Andras Field Alcoholics Anonymous Club :lolsign_s::bigdrink_s: Cheers......

He didnt name it that lol. He named it the beer thread. I renamed it this morning :P:lol: