Sunday Quiz

I can tell right away it's not a Harrier, just look at the gear; it's all single boggie (or bogie) and non retractable gear. I'm pretty sure I know what it is, but I can't remember the name.

Maybe we should work on this one together!

Things we allready know:

At the end of the last quiz Shaun said the following:

Now just got to dig out that picture of that Alien Spaceship that came to visit me the other night in the garden.

I assume that was related to the next (this) quiz, so this might be a rare, strange looking aircraft.

Then he gave a little hint:

Thats a wheel. But it appears to be at the front but dont be misled by that as its not at the front.

I personally guess that the front of the plane is on the left side of the picture, but it's quite hard to tell.

Now lets have a look at the picture:

1. You might notice the little door above that little wheel. Seems like that wheel is retractable, so I doubt its a tail wheel.

2. Notice the background of the picture and the dirt on the wheel, that could mean the aircraft took of in the desert or some dry area or on a dirt strip.

post-5581-018499500 1284494756_thumb.png

I think you are right about the view Nicolas and I really think this is no helicopter. The only thing that drives me crazy is the position of the two big wheels. They seem to be behind each other and the left one doesn't look like a front wheel....

If you look at the wheels on the far right and far left; it looks like their on a free rotating axis.

My thought is: this is something from the US flying saucer programs blink.gifwacko.gifph34r.gifdry.gif