Santorini X

• 2 months later...
  • Aerosoft

It`s amazing! Looks much better with the colored lights in Thira. Great work. The boat with the parachute its a fantastic idee :wub: .

I hope there will be a boxed version soon. ;)

I doubt there will be a boxed version as that would raise the price to a level I think is not correct.

You mail sounds like you prefer boxed over download. Now I fully understand and respect that. But how about we get you a free download version so you see that this is a good alternative to the box? Aerosoft got a very secure and safe shop and we pride ourselves for not having any customer that paid for the product and not having access to it.

• Upvote 1

I agree with Mathijs here.

I recently started to use the download service almost exclusively as opposed to waiting for boxes, and found the support to be fantastic.

You should give it a try.

• Deputy Sheriffs

When discussing download versus box, keep in mind that the ecobalance of a download is much much better then wasting resources on producing CD/DVDs, boxes etc.

And as long as there is a secure shop like Aerosoft, there is no good reason to buy boxes!

Otto

• Upvote 1

I prefer a boxed version because i don`t trust buying on internet by credit card ,spyware you know :huh: (but i have trust in your service).

I saw on aerosoft there is a way buying by bank transfer. Its a simply way i like.

Sometimes you can find ILS Charts ^_^ inside boxed versions but i would say they rise the prise again. Its sometimes hard to find charts from places like greece.

I agree that download versions of products are probably the best, all of the products I have bought from aerosoft have been through the download route.

However, I can see the benefits of the boxed version as I was looking at some of the larger scenary packages such as the Balaeric islands package which is 6gb to download I think. For someone with a slow internet connection, or one which is limited to a download limit (as is often the case in the UK, I'm not sure about abroad), the boxed version would definately be more appealing in my opinion.

A few year back I always prefered boxes as it felt safer, for me particularly with regard to serial keys. But now, I have far more download purchases than boxed (I wouldn't have the room to store them!)

Downloads are instant, cheaper, and most credit card companies cover you for internet fraud. I've been bailed out a few times having downloaded software from the US. Now I use PayPal, excellent service, safe, and much easier than having to type your card details in all the time.

In fact it's too easy, I find myself buying too much! wink.gif

The only downside of downloads is having to make back ups, but it soon becomes routine and good practice for all your data on your pc.

Chris

Hello!

I already wrote my opinion about download versions in another

thread (Holiday Airports - Antalya), but I still have one question.

The main thing why I hate downloads is, that I donĀ“t have a backup,

if my computer crashes, and believe me, it crashes quite often...

I think FSDT products are very good, as I can see on the screenshots,

but when I think about their selling and backup procedure, I will never buy any

FSDT product for example...

Now my question: Is it allowed to burn my Aerosoft download product onto

a CD, and can I use the serial more than just once, for example

when my computer crashed...?

(So that I make my own "Boxed-Edition"...?)

Because I really would buy more Aerosoft products, which are

not available as a Box, especially for FSX, like Nice, Monastir, (...Santorini?)

if I can be sure that my product is backed up...and of course

the download does not crash...

Thanks for any answer!

Sebastian

Hello!

I already wrote my opinion about download versions in another

thread (Holiday Airports - Antalya), but I still have one question.

The main thing why I hate downloads is, that I donĀ“t have a backup,

if my computer crashes, and believe me, it crashes quite often...

I think FSDT products are very good, as I can see on the screenshots,

but when I think about their selling and backup procedure, I will never buy any

FSDT product for example...

Because I really would buy more Aerosoft products, which are

not available as a Box, especially for FSX, like Nice, Monastir, (...Santorini?)

if I can be sure that my product is backed up...and of course

the download does not crash...

Thanks for any answer!

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

Yes, you can make your backups onto CD/DVD with no problems about reinstalling. Just save your emails along with the download so you have the serial key. If you have to do a full reinstall of FSX, your serial no is linked to your email address and you will have no issues with the installer.

Additionally, you could log back into your account with Aerosoft and you should still be able to re-download your product and access your serial key.

I have done this in the past and had no problems. I now backup to external harddrives due to the volume of addons I have it is no longer practical to use DVDs.

I backup all my addons in this way and have no problems reinstalling even with FSDT products.

I also use Acronis True Image to back-up my harddrives, with the benefit of being able to restore everything to how it was without having to reinstall individual programs (saves alot of time).

Aerosoft are also very helpful at aiding people if they find themselves having problems. A very good company to try downloaded products from.

Chris

• Aerosoft

I prefer a boxed version because i don`t trust buying on internet by credit card ,spyware you know :huh: (but i have trust in your service).

I saw on aerosoft there is a way buying by bank transfer. Its a simply way i like.

Sometimes you can find ILS Charts ^_^ inside boxed versions but i would say they rise the prise again. Its sometimes hard to find charts from places like greece.

Yeah, but does that mean you also do not pay with a creditcard in a restaurant? There you give the actual card with your signature to a guy you do not know why walks off with it! Sure you do because you trust it. As you can trust us. We DO NOT see you your CC number. The moment you enter it you are on the secure site of our bank, we only get a yes or no from them.

• Aerosoft

Of course. You paid for it so you can use it as you like. We even do not mind when you install it on more them one system as long as they are all yours. I would not advise it though, it's just as easy to use our site as the backup. when you need to reinstall you just download it again, that way you are always sure you have the latest version as well.

Yeah, but does that mean you also do not pay with a creditcard in a restaurant? There you give the actual card with your signature to a guy you do not know why walks off with it! Sure you do because you trust it. As you can trust us. We DO NOT see you your CC number. The moment you enter it you are on the secure site of our bank, we only get a yes or no from them.

Most people in switzerland pay cash in restaurants. Me too :rolleyes: .

I trust Aerosoft and i trust the waiter who walks away but i dont trust the internet. There are peoples with criminal potential :ph34r: who place, as an exemple, a spysoftware in the backround of PC`s. This software scans Creditcardnumbers and other things when you tipe them on your keyboard and you could imagine wath they do with. :angry:

For this reason(and other) i prefer the boxed version, then the bank transfer and at the end the creditcard-way.

In my opinion is cash always the safest way ( Atention on the bank automat) .

Hello Chris and Mr Kok!

Thank you for your answers!

I think I will try out the Aerosoft Online Shop, and will make

my backups on an external harddrive or burn them onto CD/DVD!

Thanks for the great support!

Regards,

Sebastian

a spysoftware in the backround of PC`s. This software scans Creditcardnumbers and other things when you tipe them on your keyboard and you could imagine wath they do with. :angry:

For this reason(and other) i prefer the boxed version, then the bank transfer and at the end the creditcard-way.

Exactly why I purchased a program called KeyScrambler :)