Aerosoft Airbus X

Then let me try to explain it one more time. Second time today, but hey...

All the stuff that is not controlled by the pilot but just happens or is highly automated is included as much as possible. It does not make the product more complicated for the user. So we can have a highly complex hydraulic and fuel system as this is totally automated in the Airbus. If you understand the systems you can manipulate them and all the 'interfaces' to them are pretty high end, but unless a light starts to burn you don't have to know anything about them.

The complex stuff only starts in the MCDU and there we have decided to reduce the complexity. Flight planning is fully compatible with the standard flight plans of FSX etc. Vertical navigation is hardly touched as it is actually pretty complex and for many flights hardly applicable (yes they got to type it all in, but in flight the atc controllers determine when they change flight levels and when they descend). In these aspects it is positioned directly between the default aircraft and the PMDG type of aircraft. In many other aspects we clearly want to be better.

See, we know what sells best and we know what causes most customer support. We know how many boxes of highly complex aircraft are send back because the software is 'faulty'. Sure the high end very complex aircraft get a lot of attention on the forums and magazines. But only a fraction of our customers ever reads forums or sees magazines. He just wants a good looking aircraft that he is able to use without 200 pages of manuals. And believe me, in a flight between Amsterdam and Frankfurt all you need is more or less there in great realism.

Well, ok. "Everthing is pretty high-end". Ok. We have hydraulic system, a correct fuelsystem which is good(But without fuelplanner, just a crappy FSX standart as I understood correctly--My opinion). Not to forget a windmilling feature--no further comments here. A good looking VC- no other way to say this, it's really well done, honestly.

Awesome repaints. And further more points.

But we still don't have a option to use/insert STARs or SIDs. An virtual rebuild of the work of an airlinepilot without a real possibility to use STARs or SIDs. Well, it's a bit funny and a contradiction, too.

Of course you can insert all waypoints one by one-- come on. Show me one guy who will do it.

Yepp, I'll promise you this will be a CONTRA-point in a review. It's not really difficult to insert a suittable STAR or SID in the FMS(However you call it) and I think even a 12 year-old person would learn it to use without reading a 200 pages manual.

"in a flight between Amsterdam and Frankfurt all you need is more or less there in great realism"--- Not given without STARs or SIDs.

And remember all these statements are a result of my point of view. And I do really like your Airbus. The external is good and the VC too. I think FBW and further features(even unimportant features like windmilling-sorry for this, it's just a perfect example) of this Airbus will be working well.

So, continue your work. Let's see what kind of features this airbus will finally has.

Good luck

• Upvote 4

Ok. But that's not the answer to my question. Aerosofts' plan is to implement a "windmilling feature", that's their decision. It's ok but strange and a contradiction to their theme of the development which is called "A simulation of the work of an airlinepilot".

Just strange.

Honestly...

The implementation of the windmilling effect took less than an hour to do, and don´t affect FPS at all - so easy to do without any cost to performance, nor does it require reading a manual ;)

Adding SID/STARS and airways, as well as adding a more complex VNAV would take considerably more time to develope, but also require alot of manual reading for the end user.

If You had followed the project from the start, You would know what this addon allways has been about - Simply a addon easy to use for all kind of flightsimmers, but still with loads of features.

70-80% of our developement is focused on the VC and what can be seen from there, like the new lights.

There are plenty of animations, both witin the VC and on the external, like Sunshades, Opening windows, Captains table, Jumpseat, Window wipers, stnadby compass, Cones, Wheelchocks and GPU etc..

Everything that has been added has been monitored for impact on FPS. If they did influenced FPS in a bad direction, we would have removed them and not shown them in public.

But to make things clear.. !!

This Airbus is meant as an easy accesible addon without the need to read a comprehensive manual. You can make a quick flightplan with the default flightplanner (Takes less than 2 minutes) and be up in the air 10 minutes later.

Up there You can start to play around with the various systems and learn about them, or You can simply leave them alone if You rather want to read the newspaper while enroute.

It is very important for us to ensure good performance also on not state of the art computers. If FSX runs satisfactory on Your computer, the Airbus should do so as well.

Those of You who don´t like the feature list, or rather miss features not on the list - it´s totally voluntary to buy this addon or not, so I see no point in keep on asking or complaining about them.

Finn

• Upvote 3

The default ATC would never let you fly the SID/STAR anyway and if its realism you want then you would never fly a Jet in VFR conditions. I know VATSIM users would disagree but then again its the market its aimed at  :rolleyes:

Well said Finn. I don't know why people can't just accept things the way they are and if they don't like it move on.

As you said you don't have to buy it!!

• Upvote 2

Well said Finn. I don't know why people can't just accept things the way they are and if they don't like it move on.

As you said you don't have to buy it!!

Aha. I'll remind you on this comment when you criticize a project.

BTW just forgot what I have said. It's senseless to criticize your project. You have your plan to develope it this way and we, the customers, your "blood" can buy it or leave it.

• Upvote 1

Ive never been in the cockpit of an Airbus at night so I dont know the answer to the is question, but are the refelctions in the windscreen at night more prominent (light reflections etc) if so will this be a feature?

• Aerosoft

Well, ok. "Everthing is pretty high-end". Ok. We have hydraulic system, a correct fuelsystem which is good(But without fuelplanner, just a crappy FSX standart as I understood correctly--My opinion). Not to forget a windmilling feature--no further comments here. A good looking VC- no other way to say this, it's really well done, honestly.

Awesome repaints. And further more points.

But we still don't have a option to use/insert STARs or SIDs. An virtual rebuild of the work of an airlinepilot without a real possibility to use STARs or SIDs. Well, it's a bit funny and a contradiction, too.

Of course you can insert all waypoints one by one-- come on. Show me one guy who will do it.

Yepp, I'll promise you this will be a CONTRA-point in a review. It's not really difficult to insert a suittable STAR or SID in the FMS(However you call it) and I think even a 12 year-old person would learn it to use without reading a 200 pages manual.

"in a flight between Amsterdam and Frankfurt all you need is more or less there in great realism"--- Not given without STARs or SIDs.

And remember all these statements are a result of my point of view. And I do really like your Airbus. The external is good and the VC too. I think FBW and further features(even unimportant features like windmilling-sorry for this, it's just a perfect example) of this Airbus will be working well.

So, continue your work. Let's see what kind of features this airbus will finally has.

Good luck

Well it seems you do not share my point of views and in fact hardly seem to take notice of my arguments. After all I explain in some detail why we include these things and why other things are not. So be it. If SIDs and STARs mean so much to you we got loads of other addons you will like and you are obviously not the intended customer for this product. And again, so be it, no problem. Why make such a fuzz? Just wait for the extended version!

Chris, it is more or less besides all the point. A good deal of the customers intended will most likely not even KNOW what a SID or a STAR is. You simply do not want to acknowledge that this kind of user exist it seems, or you think we are reading them wrong. If you would know what products sell and what do not you would know different. Simpler aircraft simply outsell complex ones. With margin. The best selling products are often not even reviewed!

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft

Ive never been in the cockpit of an Airbus at night so I dont know the answer to the is question, but are the refelctions in the windscreen at night more prominent (light reflections etc) if so will this be a feature?

There should hardly be any reflection as the complete panel is covered by the glare shield and the other lights all designed to avoid reflection. Keep in mind that a lot of the images you see are done with flash or the cockpit lights on full, not a realistic scenario. I do not think this will change.

• Upvote 1

Well it seems you do not share my point of views and in fact hardly seem to take notice of my arguments. After all I explain in some detail why we include these things and why other things are not. So be it. If SIDs and STARs mean so much to you we got loads of other addons you will like and you are obviously not the intended customer for this product. And again, so be it, no problem. Why make such a fuzz? Just wait for the extended version!

Chris, it is more or less besides all the point. A good deal of the customers intended will most likely not even KNOW what a SID or a STAR is. You simply do not want to acknowledge that this kind of user exist it seems, or you think we are reading them wrong. If you would know what products sell and what do not you would know different. Simpler aircraft simply outsell complex ones. With margin. The best selling products are often not even reviewed!

I know there are people who don't care about STARs or SIDs. Often seen in FSX MP. It's ok. When you say there will be a little bit more complex version with STARs or SIDs than we have a deal.

Best wishes,

Chris

• Upvote 5

Aha. I'll remind you on this comment when you criticize a project.

BTW just forgot what I have said. It's senseless to criticize your project. You have your plan to develope it this way and we, the customers, your "blood" can buy it or leave it.

It´s not senseless to critizise a project, but it should be done according to the initial goal set for such a project.

If we had announced that we where doing a highend top-notch Airbus addon, with all the bells and whisles, and then later told that this and that wouldn´t be implementet, then it´s fair to critisize it

But we never said so !!

Right from the start we have been honest about the goal of this project, infact we have added alot of features that initially wasn´t planned.

If we simply would "follow the wave" in this forum, this project would never end up good, nor end in a state that would make it possible to extend like we might end up doing.

Running a project means, that before starting, You need to setup goals and those goals should be rather firm, otherwise it ends up in a mess.

This doesn´t mean that You can´t add a few extra features, but they should not distract You from Your end goal.

We have added more than initially planned and not cut down on features promised.

And here I will end my part of the discussion.

Finn

• Upvote 5

Another question, will the lights have the ability to be switched on during the day in the cockpit? Alot of addon aircraft out there still have the default 'only appear when FSX is in dusk' also will the cabin lights be switchable during the day? Sometimes in FSX the lights don't appear until its too dark too see  :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

May I ask for a brief clarification on vertical navigation? From my little knowledge of Airbus systems, you have "open descent" which I'm sure you'll have. "Managed descent" would be the descent path as set in the MCDU. So are you saying no managed descent, or just a simplified version of this?

Curt

During the recherche for this project and especially the VC i had the chance to ride on the jump seat in a realworld airbus. And i must say hats up for the designers. Already minimal reflections during the day on the windscreens

and also very very few in the night because the reflections angles between windows and panels are very clever arranged. I dont know if this really was all thought in but works pretty well.

You will actually see very few to no panel reflections at all from a pilots/FO position.

• Upvote 1

Another question, will the lights have the ability to be switched on during the day in the cockpit? Alot of addon aircraft out there still have the default 'only appear when FSX is in dusk' also will the cabin lights be switchable during the day? Sometimes in FSX the lights don't appear until its too dark too see :rolleyes:

All lights can be switched at any time. The visibility however is different during daytime and respects the volumina of Sunlight and artificial lights. The direct sunlight at lunch time is surely a hundredthousand times brighter than an electric lamp. And so your pupils in the eye close, which means its very hard to differentiate if there is a light beam (cast by a lamp) on the ground or not. So thats reduced over the day. But we took care there is enough light in the darker times of the day you can find your way from and to the take off runway savely.

• Upvote 1

During the recherche for this project and especially the VC i had the chance to ride on the jump seat in a realworld airbus. And i must say hats up for the designers. Already minimal reflections during the day on the windscreens

and also very very few in the night because the reflections angles between windows and panels are very clever arranged. I dont know if this really was all thought in but works pretty well.

You will actually see very few to no panel reflections at all from a pilots/FO position.

Thanks Stefan, with the cockpit being so realistic I just didn't want to miss anything and the reflection thought just occurred to me, but now I know even the night flying will be realistic also thats great thanks!  :rolleyes:

All lights can be switched at any time. The visibility however is different during daytime and respects the volumina of Sunlight and artificial lights. The direct sunlight at lunch time is surely a hundredthousand times brighter than an electric lamp. And so your pupils in the eye close, which means its very hard to differentiate if there is a light beam (cast by a lamp) on the ground or not. So thats reduced over the day. But we took care there is enough light in the darker times of the day you can find your way from and to the take off runway savely.

Yeah I have the same problem when doing visual FX for film. I was purely thinking about the FSX world in that sometime FSX doesn't put the lighting on soon enough and having that control over the lights is a great thing to have  :rolleyes:

Panel lights?

Yes, in the Aerosoft Beaver you can switch the panel lights on in the day time but they dont illuminate until FSX says its dark enough for them to come on, sometimes I find this delay a little too late and struggle to see the panels (I know the EFIS) is always lit but it would be nice to see the drop lighting as soon as the switch is flicked on :rolleyes:    

I think its the coding in FSX when the switch over from day texture to night texture takes over, and when FSX does the switching it can be very dark in the cockpit until this switch over occurs  :rolleyes:

Guest inbrekers1

In real life pilots do it all the time... Not every SID and STAR for every airport is there in the real bus ready to use you know...

• Upvote 1

Yes, in the Aerosoft Beaver you can switch the panel lights on in the day time but they dont illuminate until FSX says its dark enough for them to come on, sometimes I find this delay a little too late and struggle to see the panels (I know the EFIS) is always lit but it would be nice to see the drop lighting as soon as the switch is flicked on :rolleyes:

The Airbus panels are illuminated the whole day. From photos you cant imagine how dark the color and the main ambient in the pit is. The origin is surely to take stress from eyes and the skin muscles around them. This will cause

headaches surely and stresses the pilots. So the albedo (amount of reflected light) is kept down very much.

On overcast days however for example its getting rather dark then in the pit and many pilots activate the lights so also over the day. And so i thought i would be a good idea to have that too in the airbus x.

Its really interesting when studying over light. Many not know that the surface of the moon only reflects 16 percent of the incoming sunlight. If you could hold it in the hands on earth, it would look like dark grey coal.

And when we look up in a full moon night it seems so bright and clean. How senses can dellusion...

And so using bright and reflective materials in a cockpit that is set out direct sun radiation is not good design.

• Upvote 2

The Airbus panels are illuminated the whole day. From photos you cant imagine how dark the color and the main ambient in the pit is. The origin is surely to take stress from eyes and the skin muscles around them. This will cause

headaches surely and stresses the pilots. So the albedo (amount of reflected light) is kept down very much.

On overcast days however for example its getting rather dark then in the pit and many pilots activate the lights so also over the day. And so i thought i would be a good idea to have that too in the airbus x.

Its really interesting when studying over light. Many not know that the surface of the moon only reflects 16 percent of the incoming sunlight. If you could hold it in the hands on earth, it would look like dark grey coal.

And when we look up in a full moon night it seems so bright and clean. How senses can dellusion...

And so using bright and reflective materials in a cockpit that is set out direct sun radiation is not good design.

Ah right! The panel lighting is always on, I see now, well thats even better as I would have had them on all the time, thanks again Stefan  :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

hey hey hey! I hope this was a joke! I mean that with the Sid and Stars! (TRANS) That is one of the important things! More importand that the engine wind effect! I hope you fix that!

• Upvote 2

Ah right! The panel lighting is always on, I see now, well thats even better as I would have had them on all the time, thanks again Stefan  :rolleyes:

You can surely switch them on and off, but you can see them illuminated over the whole day like it would be in the real thing.