Aerosoft Airbus X

Guest inbrekers1

Sorry, I didn't read it.

I don't think that, Flight1 planes have it, and I read in another forums that PMDG 737 also have it, so I don't understand why any A320 have one

Flight1 an PMDG737's will all have fake completely useless maps...

• Upvote 2

I use ASA weather map guage for all my "radar" stuff.. can't beat it.. Just pull up a recent city pair on flightaware.com and you have a plan that will avoid the weather system that ASA will depict, and show on a weather map as well. So yeah it might not give exact location specifics, but nothing else does either... I've flown right between the eye of two storms... a radar at that point is useless when you can just look out the window and enjoy the lightning :) I'm a storm chaser myself but one has to realize this is not normal operations for any airline to fly right into weather systems.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

I use ASA weather map guage for all my "radar" stuff.. can't beat it.. Just pull up a recent city pair on flightaware.com and you have a plan that will avoid the weather system that ASA will depict, and show on a weather map as well. So yeah it might not give exact location specifics, but nothing else does either... I've flown right between the eye of two storms... a radar at that point is useless when you can just look out the window and enjoy the lightning :) I'm a storm chaser myself but one has to realize this is not normal operations for any airline to fly right into weather systems.

Right, as long as the weather in FSX follows what is really out there that will work. At least ONE of the parameters will be right then (real weather). In AFS2013 getting the weather right is one of the main aspects. I am sure we'll not be able to match a single rain cloud to what is really out there but I am sure we can get it a lot better then it is in FSX.

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft

Flight1 an PMDG737's will all have fake completely useless maps...

No wait, I do not agree.

They show maps that are 'could' be right and most certainly add some level of realism. I do not challenge there methods, they are as good as our ideas. The difference is that we always go back to what FSX has to offer and do not fake things. F1 and PMDG do not show useless maps, they show an approximation of what could be seen.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Here are some images I think no other addon can match. All these lights actually will light up anything in the 'beam', they are real light sources. You can use them to taxi around a fully dark airport. The slightly weird coloring of what is lit is unavoidable. But this is 100% state of the art.

post-43-126799356407_thumb.jpg

post-43-126799356534_thumb.jpg

post-43-126799356668_thumb.jpg

post-43-12679935681_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 6

I read thru and kept up to date on the forums and it was asked before but never clarified as to the rain "EFFECTS" on the windshield. I understand no radar and quite frankly that really isnt a loss but FSX lacks the rain effects on windshields up until the L-39 by Lotus. If it isnt modelled is it atleast a consideration? Thanks again for creating such an aircraft above all aircraft :-)

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

I read thru and kept up to date on the forums and it was asked before but never clarified as to the rain "EFFECTS" on the windshield. I understand no radar and quite frankly that really isnt a loss but FSX lacks the rain effects on windshields up until the L-39 by Lotus. If it isnt modelled is it atleast a consideration? Thanks again for creating such an aircraft above all aircraft :-)

We spend a few days on the rain effects, but they simply eat up 50% of the fps to look good. The L-39 can handle that as it is so much more simple, but the Bus can't. Half of 30 fps means 15 and that's unacceptable. It really is an easy effect, few hours and it is in but for Joe Average it would show an immature and slow product. No way to explain to a average customer that a few rain drops makes an aircraft unflyable.

If you want to see seriously good rain effects, check out the images attached (Rise of Flight). And these cause zero effect on FPS.

post-43-126799423218_thumb.jpg

post-43-126799423507_thumb.jpg

post-43-126799423758_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft

Say I is that the visual effect of drops which falls on the windscreen as L-39 will be present ???blink.gif

Sorry we got a misunderstanding.

No. We decided not to do high end rain effects unless we find a way to limit the effects they got on FPS. As said, I just can not explain to customers why they get unflyable fps when it rains. In the L-39 I get a drop from 55 fps to 29 fps and I can stand that. In the Bus I drop from 34 fps to 16 fps when it rains and that is just not acceptable.

It is an easy effect to add, but the problems (and support) are just not worth it.

• Upvote 3

Here are some images I think no other addon can match. All these lights actually will light up anything in the 'beam', they are real light sources. You can use them to taxi around a fully dark airport. The slightly weird coloring of what is lit is unavoidable. But this is 100% state of the art.

one word... YEAH

more words... I love how you are pushing the envelope in visuals in this product. I love PMDG and their systems, but the MD11 and Jetstream just not move the graphics forwards. The Airbus does.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

It would be great having the light of the windows over the wings. Could it be possible? (I mean, reflecting)

Could you expand a bit on this?

If you mean the internal dim cabin lights illuminating the wings I do not think that will be included. I know you will see that ( a little bit) if you got a wing seat, but as we intend to build the project from the viewpoint of the pilot it makes not a lot of sense.

• Upvote 1

Yes, that was what I was meaning. I remember that effect in IFDG 320 and the external view was great with this lights from the windows. I don't care about passenger view but it is nice to see when looking at Airbus flying. I think AS also include that and it adds realism.

Thanks for your quick response.

• Upvote 1

What is what would be possible to creer an addon quoted to have rainy drops for what wants and what has big computers or it would be too much complicated???? Because I think that he shall have the acheteré of it a lot!!!sorry for my englishrolleyes.gifblush.gif

• Upvote 1

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

Could you expand a bit on this?

If you mean the internal dim cabin lights illuminating the wings I do not think that will be included. I know you will see that ( a little bit) if you got a wing seat, but as we intend to build the project from the viewpoint of the pilot it makes not a lot of sense.

soo you say you build this hole airbus project "from the viewpoint of the pilot"...soo but why then noo complex systems, and the focus always on the "look" of this bus, i mean the standard fsx sights will be included? left wing, right wing, etc..soo i think the most fsx pilots dont spend the hole time in the cockpit, especially on long flights, where you want a good wingview, and the most customer want a good wingview..and i think, things like the strobe effect etc. should be important ,too, also you cant see them in the cockpit

That's crazy ##### Mathijs! AWESOME WORK!!!

That's crazy ##### Mathijs! AWESOME WORK!!!

To be frank, I don't see the difference with any other FSX aircraft's landing lights..... Mathijs, could you explain in what your system is different ?

Thank you,

Greg

• Upvote 1

Mathijs, this product looks too good to just have 'basic' systems. I hope you guys decide to add greater depth to the systems and add support for some 3rd party weather radar addon.

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

Mathijs, this product looks too good to just have 'basic' systems. I hope you guys decide to add greater depth to the systems and add support for some 3rd party weather radar addon.

you and your weather radar :D whats soo exciting about it^^ just kills your fps^^ ;)

To be frank, I don't see the difference with any other FSX aircraft's landing lights..... Mathijs, could you explain in what your system is different ?

Thank you,

Greg

The precision of the lights positions, the res and smoothness of the lights and then all the maths used for correct it and such. :)

• Upvote 1

Mathijs,

maybe you could solve the "rain-effect"-issue like Full-Flight-Simulators do.

It´s very simple and looks very realistic.

They just let the "visual" become a little bit unsharp synchronous to the wiper frequency.

(You wouldn´t see single raindrops on an airbus windshield at 200 kts anyway....)

Just an idea...

Timo

• Upvote 4