Aerosoft Airbus X

does anyone know what the maximum time shifting on this aircraft will be. I use another A320 product (although outdated) because u can complete a four flight really quickly at 16x speed. At 40,000 feet and autopilot on and nothing to do, who wants to be on a sim that long? the only catch with the this add on is that it wont hold the altidude correctly at that speed, it only really works on 8x.

• Upvote 1

does anyone know what the maximum time shifting on this aircraft will be. I use another A320 product (although outdated) because u can complete a four flight really quickly at 16x speed. At 40,000 feet and autopilot on and nothing to do, who wants to be on a sim that long? the only catch with the this add on is that it wont hold the altidude correctly at that speed, it only really works on 8x.

very good question....

back in day when i used to fly the PMDG 747, i used to fly a 4X. anymore, and the plane would crash.

i do hope this plane will fly ok at up 4X (BTW on a side note, i dont think a A320/1 can go to FL400

very good question....

back in day when i used to fly the PMDG 747, i used to fly a 4X. anymore, and the plane would crash.

i do hope this plane will fly OK at up 4X (BTW on a side note, i dont think a A320/1 can go to FL400

Another feature of FSX (I've mentioned before) is to use the 'MAP' function, If you have filed a flight plan, you can drag the airplane symbol along the red line, the airplane symbol 'snaps' to the line as you drag. If you then release the symbol at which ever point you want along the line say 100 miles from the destination airport and click 'ok' FSX reloads and places the aircraft at that point which everything intact (ATC Altitude Waypoint sequencing etc) which is excellent for long haul flights. Its one of those things that ACES forgot to mention in the manual!

• Upvote 3

Another feature of FSX (I've mentioned before) is to use the 'MAP' function, If you have filed a flight plan, you can drag the airplane symbol along the red line, the airplane symbol 'snaps' to the line as you drag. If you then release the symbol at which ever point you want along the line say 100 miles from the destination airport and click 'ok' FSX reloads and places the aircraft at that point which everything intact (ATC Altitude Waypoint sequencing etc) which is excellent for long haul flights. Its one of those things that ACES forgot to mention in the manual!

cool thanks, i didn't know that, no more sitting idly from a flight from mel-lax, how does this feature affect the FMS, does the aircraft know u have skipped a few waypoints and auto adjusts?

cool thanks, i didn't know that, no more sitting idly from a flight from mel-lax, how does this feature affect the FMS, does the aircraft know u have skipped a few waypoints and auto adjusts?

All I can say I've never had any problems with the default or the addon aicraft I have, assuming you are using a flight plan there shouldn't be any problems with the FMC although maybe we could ask one of the BETA testers to test it ? :rolleyes:  

Yes I was wondering the same.. moreover, I guess that the amount of fuel is also not adjusted automatically so I think that you need to re-estimate this amount so that you won't be too heavy upon landing

• Aerosoft

Depends on your hardware a bit, but it's the same as the default airbus, so just check it on that one.

(Windmilling) Very very nice indeed! If only we could have that feature on props also! There some nice touches appearing on this Bus now! :rolleyes:  

Check out this video on the windmilling of the engines.

Awesome video! I love the windmilling feature. Is this my videoplayer or does the windmilling sometimes stop for a bit of a second? Like you have a bad RAM and fly FSX. It goes smoothly and then it stops thereafter goes smoothly again?

Check out this video on the windmilling of the engines.

Excellent ! Are there any metallic sound associated with this effect as in real ?

Is the More complex Airbus X still in the mix after release if alot of people would like one? I certainly would :) !

as mathjis said earlier, it might happen (probably will) but its not for sure ;)

A little question by the way. So, you have added a "windmilling feature" which looks good but is not really important, even not for a simulation of the work of an airlinepilot.

But on the other hand you won't add the feature to use SIDs and STARs. I mean, does it make sense to add a feature which has nothing to do with the work of a pilot?

Strange.

• Upvote 3

hey aerosoft-team. great work!!! sounds and looks like if you were doing just the right things. i got a question: maybe its just a silly thought, but would it be possible to upload the manuel previous to the release of the product? (just in case you have it done before) i´m just as impatient as everyone else here and this would kind of help over the time. besides that, erverything would be ready to go once the add-on is released. best regards.

• Aerosoft

hey aerosoft-team. great work!!! sounds and looks like if you were doing just the right things. i got a question: maybe its just a silly thought, but would it be possible to upload the manuel previous to the release of the product? (just in case you have it done before) i´m just as impatient as everyone else here and this would kind of help over the time. besides that, erverything would be ready to go once the add-on is released. best regards.

I do plan that (if only to help remove errors!)

A little question by the way. So, you have added a "windmilling feature" which looks good but is not really important, even not for a simulation of the work of an airlinepilot.

But on the other hand you won't add the feature to use SIDs and STARs. I mean, does it make sense to add a feature which has nothing to do with the work of a pilot?

Strange.

the target customer of this project is NOT the type of guy who is going to use STAR's/SID's

i for one know how to use them, but even if they were they i would not use it. i would just set up a simple route, and takeoff

(so i guess im also the "target customer"

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Strange.

Then let me try to explain it one more time. Second time today, but hey...

All the stuff that is not controlled by the pilot but just happens or is highly automated is included as much as possible. It does not make the product more complicated for the user. So we can have a highly complex hydraulic and fuel system as this is totally automated in the Airbus. If you understand the systems you can manipulate them and all the 'interfaces' to them are pretty high end, but unless a light starts to burn you don't have to know anything about them.

The complex stuff only starts in the MCDU and there we have decided to reduce the complexity. Flight planning is fully compatible with the standard flight plans of FSX etc. Vertical navigation is hardly touched as it is actually pretty complex and for many flights hardly applicable (yes they got to type it all in, but in flight the atc controllers determine when they change flight levels and when they descend). In these aspects it is positioned directly between the default aircraft and the PMDG type of aircraft. In many other aspects we clearly want to be better.

See, we know what sells best and we know what causes most customer support. We know how many boxes of highly complex aircraft are send back because the software is 'faulty'. Sure the high end very complex aircraft get a lot of attention on the forums and magazines. But only a fraction of our customers ever reads forums or sees magazines. He just wants a good looking aircraft that he is able to use without 200 pages of manuals. And believe me, in a flight between Amsterdam and Frankfurt all you need is more or less there in great realism.

• Upvote 1

the target customer of this project is NOT the type of guy who is going to use STAR's/SID's

i for one know how to use them, but even if they were they i would not use it. i would just set up a simple route, and takeoff

(so i guess im also the "target customer"

Ok. But that's not the answer to my question. Aerosofts' plan is to implement a "windmilling feature", that's their decision. It's ok but strange and a contradiction to their theme of the development which is called "A simulation of the work of an airlinepilot".

Just strange.

• Upvote 3

Ok. But that's not the answer to my question. Aerosofts' plan is to implement a "windmilling feature", that's their decision. It's ok but strange and a contradiction to their theme of the development which is called "A simulation of the work of an airlinepilot".

Just strange.

I guess it all depends how literally you want to take a statement.

My understanding is that the flightdeck features will be consistent with what an airline pilot would typically use under normal circumstances. Of course, taking this literally means AS might as well do away with an exterior model all together, although, it could be argued that an airline pilot would normally be expected to make a walk around and therefore a model is needed. If that's the case, why not make it realistic and include a few low overhead features like the GPU, windmilling fans, drooping control surfaces etc.

• Upvote 2