Rotterdam X

Can't we add grass skirting on all these sceneries as fsdreamteam is doing ? I find it gives a bit of "reality" to the taxiways..

Can't we add grass skirting on all these sceneries as fsdreamteam is doing ? I find it gives a bit of "reality" to the taxiways..

We tried that in Lelystad and none of the betatesters really liked it. Reason is simple: The grass on Dutch airports is always rather cut short. A grass skirting certainly would look nice on screenshots but wouldn't show the reality while for bush airports and the smaller ORBX airports it may make sense. Plus: We don't have much performance to play around with. This airport is located very close to a major city and we want to keep it very flyable while still looking very good.

Bests,

Sascha

• Upvote 1

I just put a mega Beta 3 Screen Shot Post on my blog. Over 30 pics! This is certainly one of the best airport scenery products ever!

@ Dutchliner - The only addons I use that are apparent in the screen shots are, REX, FS Water Configurator, and the ENB Series HDR plugin. The rest is magic! ;)

JGplanes

• Upvote 3

Astonishing, absolutely astonishing biggrin.gif

Can we actually expect a boxed version of this masterpiece, because I heard that it would be bundled together with Lelystad and another Dutch Airport...

Cheers!

Cool screenshots, JGplanes! How much of the actual city of Rotterdam is included?

The city center of Rotterdam is not included. Only the Northern parts of Rotterdam included (North of the Highway A20). Click HERE to go to the post in this topic were you can download the google earth file that shows the coverage area of the scenery :).

@JGPlanes: great shots, I think you really nailed the detail and beautiful modeling that make this scenery so great! I absolutely agree that this must be one of the best airport sceneries ever!

The city center of Rotterdam is not included. Only the Northern parts of Rotterdam included (North of the Highway A20). Click HERE to go to the post in this topic were you can download the google earth file that shows the coverage area of the scenery :).

@JGPlanes: great shots, I think you really nailed the detail and beautiful modeling that make this scenery so great! I absolutely agree that this must be one of the best airport sceneries ever!

Thanks! But the Erasmus bridge was visible in one of the screenshots and that bridge is way outside of that coverage area

Thanks! But the Erasmus bridge was visible in one of the screenshots and that bridge is way outside of that coverage area

Yeah I noticed that as well, but that must a the default object or any other custom object, since it is not included in the scenery.

I just put a mega Beta 3 Screen Shot Post on my blog. Over 30 pics! This is certainly one of the best airport scenery products ever!

@ Dutchliner - The only addons I use that are apparent in the screen shots are, REX, FS Water Configurator, and the ENB Series HDR plugin. The rest is magic! ;)

JGplanes

Thanks for sharing benchmarking stuff here, only some mis alignment of the autogen along the A13 compared to real life (but a real minor detail... lol) :blink:

Cheers,

André

Sasa you may not leave the Dutch aiport stuff just do the whole country :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, this was my last Dutch airport that was planned (after Lelystad). Not sure if there will be other Aerosoft devs who will do more though.

Next to come is another US City and then Antarctica - finally!

Bests,

Sascha