Rotterdam X

Great shots! I see that the tower and main building have a shadow effect; will we only see this if we have the 'ground scenery shadow' option enabled in FSX or is it incorporated in the scenery in some other way? I love the effect, but turning the option on in FSX has a great impact on my framerate unfortunately..

will we only see this if we have the 'ground scenery shadow' option enabled in FSX?...

Yes, everything comes with a price. Keep in mind that the objects in this scenery are not only causing shadows on each other (and the aircraft), but also move with the sun.

Bests,

Sascha

Please excuse the off topic question, but I wanted to ask it here because many Dutch people look here :P

Is there any good scenery for Twente Airport (EHTW) around?

By the way, the grass texture makes Rotterdam look so real, it's really nice!

Please excuse the off topic question, but I wanted to ask it here because many Dutch people look here tongue.gif

Is there any good scenery for Twente Airport (EHTW) around?

By the way, the grass texture makes Rotterdam look so real, it's really nice!

For fs9 there is NL2000. That's still the old version. the new version is been worked on as we speak, but no releasedate has been given.

They seem to be building a new terminal on EHRD.. will that be included in this scenery?

Would be nice if you could downsize that image to about 800pix width. It´s by far too wide for that thread here. (Edit (15/Mar): Downsized it)

Yes, there is a construction site east of the apron, but for all I know it´s not part of the airport (just an industrial area) and it certainly isn´t a new terminal. Actually tried to get some up to date photos of that area, but couldn´t. If you like, contact me via support@aerosoft.com (ask them to forward your mail to me) in case you got up to date photos of that area or would be able to take some.

Bests,

Sascha

Since I've never been there in real life, I can't say much about the authenticity of this scenery, but this is one fantastic place in the flight sim world! I just installed the Beta1, and it is quite impressive as it is! As Mathijs pointed out earlier in the thread, the volumetric shadows are a very cool feature. There is also a very detailed watermask around the airport, which adds to the realism. Can't wait to see the final!

Great work Sascha!

JGplanes

Would be nice if you could downsize that image to about 800pix width. It´s by far too wide for that thread here. (Edit (15/Mar): Downsized it)

Yes, there is a construction site east of the apron, but for all I know it´s not part of the airport (just an industrial area) and it certainly isn´t a new terminal. Actually tried to get some up to date photos of that area, but couldn´t. If you like, contact me via support@aerosoft.com (ask them to forward your mail to me) in case you got up to date photos of that area or would be able to take some.

Bests,

Sascha

Some great pictures of the renovation of the runway in 2008

http://www.benvanschoor.nl/2406/slides/_V7F9864.html

Some great pictures of the renovation of the runway in 2008

Those are some VERY useful images. Thank you!

Bests,

Sascha

• Upvote 1

I just posted a Beta 2 update with more images on my blog, if you guys are interested.

JGplanes

Beautiful pics, thanks for posting! happy.gif

I have a question however, what other addons do you use?

I love the photorealistic environment, which addon is it?

Thank you!

I love the photorealistic environment, which addon is it?

The scenery comes with a photorealistic area surrounding the airport. A few pages back in this topic you can download a google earth file that precisely shows the area that is included. I am a beta tester for this product as well and I can tell you that it looks truly amazing!