Thank you Finn, that's just the "hint" I was hoping for :lol: Looks as if the other things on my list are just going to have to wait!

But again, thanks for all the screenies to tide us over in the mean time, she is absolutely gorgeous inside and out!

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone :)

Thank you Finn, that's just the "hint" I was hoping for :lol: Looks as if the other things on my list are just going to have to wait!

But again, thanks for all the screenies to tide us over in the mean time, she is absolutely gorgeous inside and out!

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone :)

Yes - but only take it as a hint !!

The final decision for when to release the Catalina has not been made.

Unexpected issues might still arise.

Finn

WOOW the Calypso cat looks great.

Specialy becourse iam a member of the Cousteau Organisation its nice to see this bird for flightsimulator.

Sadly this bird is only for FSX but i hope this bird wil come out also for FS2004.

• Aerosoft
WOOW the Calypso cat looks great.

Specialy becourse iam a member of the Cousteau Organisation its nice to see this bird for flightsimulator.

Sadly this bird is only for FSX but i hope this bird wil come out also for FS2004.

Sorry, this aircraft exceeds the possibilities of FS2004 many many times. Removing 75% of the model to make it FS2004 suitable is just not an option. There will be no FS2004 version.

• Aerosoft
Gorgeous shots, Nick. Looking at these, and previous screen shots, we've seen so many variations; different noses and turrets, large radomes, small radomes, radomes on the wing, tall tail fin, small tail fin, wheels, no wheels, airliner-style windows, scuba diving platforms...just how many different models are going into this package ? :)

1 x PBY-5

2 x PBY-5A

2 x PBY-6A

In the base pack for sure, I dare say there will be more. Most certainly a few more later (with the mission pack etc)

mk: just been corrected by Stefan, there will be at least 10 different models.

Too bad it is only for the FSX I am still too disappointed with FSX to spend money for it, I would love to have a CAT for the FS2004 as I am very familiar with the aircraft, or rather was, since that goes back to the 1950's when I worked on them in Djakarta where Garuda flew three of them mainly for use in flights to Borneo - Balikpapan specifically.

John

• Aerosoft
Too bad it is only for the FSX I am still too disappointed with FSX to spend money for it, I would love to have a CAT for the FS2004 as I am very familiar with the aircraft, or rather was, since that goes back to the 1950's when I worked on them in Djakarta where Garuda flew three of them mainly for use in flights to Borneo - Balikpapan specifically.

John

But you understand a FS2004 version won't have 1/4 the details do you? It just would not be the same project and not at all what we feel the market needs.

Gents,

The screenshots look great, and I'm guessing that you've run into some technical issue(s) that is keeping this bird in the shop.... Are "we" thinking of the end of May or June as the release date now? <_< Still holding up my next bulk order for this Bird and other updates. :blush:

PS: Nick C. - Amazing as always! ;)

• Upvote 1

John

Johmen, check your message inbox. :)

Hi,

Nice pictures of the modelling. I am very glad special for the Danish version of the PBY-6a which I had the pleasure being a crew flying this at Greenland.

I am looking forward to fly it again in your model in FX and relive my youth back in the seventees on missions in Greenland

I add a link to my web-site where you can enjoy pictures of the real thing: www.soendergaard-andersen.dk

enjoy

rgds

Per

Per, thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures. Always great to see the real thing. I probably would not have flown this version but now I will be looking for the Danish scheme first to fly at the very areas in your pictures.

Much appreciated, Tom

Redding, California

1 x PBY-5

2 x PBY-5A

2 x PBY-6A

In the base pack for sure, I dare say there will be more. Most certainly a few more later (with the mission pack etc)

mk: just been corrected by Stefan, there will be at least 10 different models.

Yes, the five basic airframes you have mentioned, and with the variations in radomes, noses and so on that make it up to at least 10. Quite a package coming together! :)

In answer to the ramp question...no matter how shallow the angle, there is always a bump at the water/land interface. I've even used flattens without any added structure...still a bump. Appears to be just the way the interface was coded.

RAF Oban UK (the home of the first Catalinas in England) is finished and out now.

I'm sure someone will do repaints for:

210 Squadron RAF (the first RAF Cat Squadron)

330 (Norwegian) Squadron RAF

10 Squadron RAAF

who all flew out of Oban.

Looking Great! Can't wait (again :lol: ).

Best,

Jim

Hi,

333 (N) Sqn out of Woodhaven 1944 has been included (Catalina Mk.I/PBY-5 boat). I believe 330 started training on Sunderlands when they moved to Oban, I'm not totally certain though.

Thanks

Hi,

Nice pictures of the modelling. I am very glad special for the Danish version of the PBY-6a which I had the pleasure being a crew flying this at Greenland.

I am looking forward to fly it again in your model in FX and relive my youth back in the seventees on missions in Greenland

I add a link to my web-site where you can enjoy pictures of the real thing: www.soendergaard-andersen.dk

enjoy

rgds

Per

Per, thanks from me too, some very interesting pictures you have there. It must have been quite an experience.

Here is 866, preserved at Cosford. I've taken a number of photos of her myself, but this one is much better than my efforts

1404406.jpg

Here is a link to the history of this aircraft in PDF form

L-866 History

Per, thanks from me too, some very interesting pictures you have there. It must have been quite an experience.

Here is 866, preserved at Cosford. I've taken a number of photos of her myself, but this one is much better than my efforts

1404406.jpg

Here is a link to the history of this aircraft in PDF form

L-866 History

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your feed back and the picture from Cosford of L-866. If you check the L-866 history you can see that my pictures on my web-page are from the last operational mission of L-866 in July 1970 in the Royal Danish Airforce. L-866 was decommissioned at return to Vaerloese Airbase. Then prepared for the flight to UK some years later.

And yes, it was quite awarding in experience being part of Catalina crew team. We have a special bond which is still kept between the now retired airmen with the RDAF 721 Transport Squadron.

rgds

Per

106,024 views onto a preview topic.

Havn't seen anything similar.

Europe Sneak Peek GEX has "only" 56 thousand.

So I hope for the next days, your servers have enough power... looks wonderful.

Albrecht