Aerosoft Airport: Frankfurt

These are great news! I'm really looking forward for it too allthough I own MSFS in premium deluxe version (allready including an EDDF version). Terminal interiors for terminal 1 and 2 would be great as well as the coming terminal 3.

• Like 2

Nice to see EDDF in the Simulator even though I don’t like EDDF in the real world because it is so confusing and I like smaller airports more like EDDH. However, it will be a nice airport in the sim because you don’t have to search for your gates.😅

• Like 1

Am 27.6.2023 um 08:15 schrieb Raphael Jakob:

We plan to build it in the finished state (plans can always change). we work with Fraport and are getting a lot of information from them. should there be a deviation after completion, we will of cause update it.

Well if development takes as long as the Oslo one..sure T3 in real will already be in service till the scenery comes out . But I'm glad someone is doing it finally in a good quality. 😉😁

vor einer Stunde schrieb christian1974:

Oslo was announced in September 22, so that's hardly a long wait for an airport that size? According to fs news sites they also said they were hoping for Frankfurt to release by the end of the year. While those target dates are always to be taken with a grain of salt, let's give them the benefit of the doubt and hope for the best, shall we? Oh and yay Frankfurt! :)

• Like 3

Good things take time ;) And Jo (and the team behind) proved more than once that every second of waiting was worth. Even though the Flightsim community is good at everything but in waiting! :D 
But hell yeah: FRANKFURT FINALLY!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Andra said:

Sounds great. What will be the differences between Aerosoft and original Deluxe Version ?

A lot more than you can think. A reason why I got the “base” version of MSFS. So I get the best of the simulator without having to pay extra for Microsoft’s average-grade airports. Speaking of, I can’t wait for Aerosoft’s Frankfurt and FlyTampa’s Amsterdam!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Andra said:

Can not wait to have it.

Is the project in early stage and when can we expect a release time frame ?

Considering the shots thy gave up, early stages

I'm very excited to see Frankfurt in a completely new rendition. Not by just anyone, but by the master himself: Jo! I'm looking forward to more screenshots and really hope, that the Terminals have such a great interior, like Brussels und Oslo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’ve been to Frankfurt recently. This airport changed so much over time.

Looking forward for that release. The approach to EDDF is really beautiful with the skyline of Frankfurt 

• Like 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, RKKA said:

This airport changed so much over time.

Yes there are ongoing changes, the airport changes every month in some way. This means, when the add-on will be released, some things might be missing. A dev has to "close" a project to be able to finish it. Means changes at the real airport after this "closing date" might not make it into the final product. Most people are not aware of this simple fact in software development.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RKKA said:

I’ve been to Frankfurt recently. This airport changed so much over time.

Looking forward for that release. The approach to EDDF is really beautiful with the skyline of Frankfurt 

I landed there April of this year and landed at the new runway from Calgary  from one of the north west STAR’s. Loved the new terminal of Frankfurt as well!

On 8/23/2023 at 9:23 AM, mopperle said:

Yes there are ongoing changes, the airport changes every month in some way. This means, when the add-on will be released, some things might be missing. A dev has to "close" a project to be able to finish it. Means changes at the real airport after this "closing date" might not make it into the final product. Most people are not aware of this simple fact in software development.

I understand that Aerosoft worked with  FRAport in the past. I wouldn’t be too surprised if it is still working with the airport Authority. If it is so, it could have the future plan of the airport and use that blueprint if they want to share it with them. Something like what happened to Munich’s v2 new terminal - they are still building it but it’s “almost” done in the actual v2 build.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...