Aerosoft Airport: Oslo-Gardermoen (ENGM) (released)

Jonas S.

Its a kinda useless discussion anyway. Jo started the project a while ago already and we all know how much love he spends into his projects.
Its up to you to spend your money on another version rather than waiting for Jo's scenery which will be a 10/10 anyway - again.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/3/2024 at 4:01 PM, Xsocto20 said:

I dont see why we need 3thrd Oslo, we allrdy have 1 from ORBX and one freeware... I think Sola/ENZV need to get some love soon, is outdated and know one cares about it.

The freeware for ENZV is okay. Not ORBX or Aerosoft quality of course, but it's fully flyable. I do get your point about spending loads of resources on 3 versions of the same airport though. Remember that Jo Erlend has a particular passion for this and has done other versions of ENGM in the past. Even though it's the last one to release for MSFS, it is definitately not the "copy-cat".

• Like 1

On 3/5/2024 at 1:36 PM, riskas123 said:

The freeware for ENZV is okay. Not ORBX or Aerosoft quality of course, but it's fully flyable. I do get your point about spending loads of resources on 3 versions of the same airport though. Remember that Jo Erlend has a particular passion for this and has done other versions of ENGM in the past. Even though it's the last one to release for MSFS, it is definitately not the "copy-cat".

Totally agree, the Aerosoft will surpass the Orbx in my opinion. For Norwegian simmers like me, having a nice-looking Oslo scenery is the most important for me. But a Stavanger or a good Tromsø scenery would be nice at some point as well

• Like 1

• Developer
On 3/1/2024 at 5:03 PM, LifeBeginsAtV1 said:

@Jo Erlend

Do you plan on doing new Norwegian sceneries in the far future as we are going into MSFS 2024?

For sure gonna do more Norwegian sceneries in the future! No info on which airport and when at this point though.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Jo Erlend said:

For sure gonna do more Norwegian sceneries in the future! No info on which airport and when at this point though.

I have a suggestion, if I may. ENKB doesn't have any good sceneries, payware or freeware. It's one of the only remaining non stol-airports in Norway that doesn't have any sceneries.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Henrik Isaksen said:

The guy who made the freeware ENBR, ENZV, ENBO, ENHD etc. is working on ENKB, possibly a payware. So ENKB is coming

Oo0oO00hhh, WombiiActual?

• 2 weeks later...

Has the release of the Oslo scenery been delayed because of a shift in focus on the Frankfurt scenery? If so why so? Weren't this scenery meant to release in the end of 2023?

• Upvote 2

As far as I understand those are two totally different development teams with Jo overseeing both projects as the sole connection point. Therefore, it seems unlikely to me development of Frankfurt has any major effect on Oslo in terms of release date. Then again, I’m not a developer, only an observer. Judging from the formerly released screenshots Oslo doesn’t seem to be too far off though.

Just wanted to make a couple of comments. 

1. Justsim have just released version 2 of their ENGM scenery - not that I am suggesting that that will in any way be of the same quality as the Aerosoft scenery! 

2. ENGM is one of the airports for Cross The Pond in a couple of weeks..... 

So please can you release this airport really soon! 😉

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

The good news for everyone here is. 

The airport was released for internal testing today. 
And it looks beautiful. 

I could spend hours looking at all the details, we have more than enough of them. 

I will be very happy when we can release it to everyone. 

However, I cannot yet give you a release date or a price. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I get it and what you say is great but finding out soon enough is almost offensive use of language in a thread which was started back in September 2022 😂

• Aerosoft
vor 42 Minuten schrieb WebMaximus:

I get it and what you say is great but finding out soon enough is almost offensive use of language in a thread which was started back in September 2022 😂

I have adapted it. 
Now it should fit. :D

• Like 2

We are happy to share some impressions from our arrival in Oslo last night.

Please login to display this image.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

I am surprised that there has been no comment in the last 12 hours. The well-known streamer Chewwy94 did a pre-release stream of this scenery yesterday evening, and it is expected to be released on Thursday 18th. I caught only part of the stream, so will watch again this evening after work. No details of price yet. Take a look at the VOD on Chewwy94's channel on Twitch and YouTube. 

The scenery looks stunning! Very impressed based on the pictures, so looking forward to the release. The expected date for release, where did you get that from? Just curious. 

3 hours ago, Ca2 said:

The scenery looks stunning! Very impressed based on the pictures, so looking forward to the release. The expected date for release, where did you get that from? Just curious. 

Chewwy94 said on the stream that it will be released on Thursday. The scenery is being showcased right now by London Controller and Kenco on Twitch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1