Crash after update

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any solution for the CDT? I think we have the right to a solution since it is your product that we bought, even if it was in the Microsoft flight simulator store. We still can't fly your product..

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, laben said:

Any solution for the CDT? I think we have the right to a solution since it is your product that we bought, even if it was in the Microsoft flight simulator store. We still can't fly your product..

Does your hardware fulfill the minimum requirements of the MSFS given by Microsoft?

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013463459-Minimum-Recommended-and-Ideal-PC-Specifications-for-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator

Yes fanix1, but it does not seem normal to me that we have not been able to fly a product we have paid for for almost a month. CTD only happens with the CRJ, if you uninstall it you can use the simulator and it doesn't happen with any other product.

we have been discussing this problem for a long time, just read all the posts, we just have to wait and we hope to be able to use it again.
On the contrary you can buy it directly on aerosoft and fly until it suits you with your CPU which unfortunately is not compatible with the specifications required by msfsx.
We have the same problem and I know it is not right, but it seems that the only ones who have made a mistake are unfortunately us.
Greetings

• Aerosoft
12 hours ago, laben said:

Yes fanix1, but it does not seem normal to me that we have not been able to fly a product we have paid for for almost a month. CTD only happens with the CRJ, if you uninstall it you can use the simulator and it doesn't happen with any other product.

Have you actually read some of the previous pages? 

The issue most likely is that your CPU is not supported by the sim. You probably missed that when you bought it, as many people did. The encryption  module used my Microsoft requires a modern version of the most common CPU's. (see here).  For the CRJ itself we require these as minimal: Intel i5-8400 | AMD Ryzen 5 1500X. So this has nothing to do with the speed, but with missing functionality.  Now Microsoft has let us know that they will try to solve this issue, but there are no promises. 

The fact it only happens with the CRJ is because  you have no other aircraft of this complexity on your disk, but every aircraft with the same complexity and coded in C++ will have exactly the same problem. As the issue is not in the aircraft code but in the encryption, there is nothing the developer can do about this.  Basically if you would not have this problem now you would have it first with another add-on. 

It is NOT a bug.

As we say so often, system requirements are simply important and about 20% of the support that we do is about people who do not read them or who ignore them.  Almost always there is simply nothing we can do. Almost always this leads to an upset customer.

I thought about the possibility of updating my pc in the future if the problem persists or escalates with other addons, and since we are on the subject I look for technical advice on this and sorry if this is not the right place for these questions, the question is:
with a CPU BASED ON X299 TYPE Intel Core i9 10920X CPU are in compliance with the requirements of MSFSX 2020?
Thanks and good day to all

Jumping in on the topic, just purchaed myself but getting the CTD just before it loads into the sim.

@Mathijs Kok - Are you still looking for logs or any submission, or are we just to wait.

My spec's are above the minimum myself.

• Aerosoft

No, we have all the logfiles we need. But keep in mind the speed of the CPU has no influence, it is the version.

If you have a CPU that is supported and see the problem, there has to be another problem. So far we know that from one other user, who will re-install the sim.

Well, I used the wait and opportunity to upgrade my PC, now with an i5-10600kf and 32gb on 2 SSD m.2 the CRJ installed and loaded just fine…

Thanks Mathijs it worked, however the plane was no tin the community folder.

Now I suppose I'll just have to sit on my well spent 50€ ... I know its not your fault but it's a bit tricky to just give a minimum required with a processor ref, for instance my processor is "above" the mentioned one, and since the missing encrypting function is not mentioned anywhere then I'm screwed... and sorry I'm sure that while this is an excellent piece of software (as I already bought many aerosoft products in the past and they are good) I'm not going to spend an extra 600€ at least to get a new processor+MB+RAM... just for this plane to work! I think you should as a minimum put a more explicit warning in the product description!

• Aerosoft
39 minutes ago, Pierre-alexandre PINAY said:

I think you should as a minimum put a more explicit warning in the product description!

Well then I think you need to talk to Microsoft as it simply not a "problem" with our software but with the simulator. I think their system requirements are pretty clear, just as ours.  The simple fact is that many people, just like you, did not read it when you bought the sim and again not when you bought the add-on.  

For example we try to make sure people understand that we can't refund download products. You have to confirm twice you understand that and even in that screen we explain it again in very clear text. But people simply seem to ignore that and click [ok] and [ok] and move on.

I'm sorry I beg to differ, the minimum requirement is not clear at all... And I've tried to remain polite, I'd expect the same from you.

My CPU is above the specs of the minimum required FYI as you didnt take the time tio check before answering. The requirement is very specific and should not be just a CPU reference.

On a side note since you seem to enjoy playing the clever one, there is absolutely no additional min requirement when you buy in the in-game shop!

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Pierre-alexandre PINAY said:

I'm sorry I beg to differ, the minimum requirement is not clear at all... And I've tried to remain polite, I'd expect the same from you.

My CPU is above the specs of the minimum required FYI as you didnt take the time tio check before answering. The requirement is very specific and should not be just a CPU reference.

I believe I was accurate and polite, if you interpreted that differently I am sorry. I am not trying to be the clever one, I try to give correct information. Unfortunately that is simply not always something customers want to hear. 

The simple fact is that if you run into the issue in this topic, you have not read or that you did not understand what Microsoft requires for the sim. If you feel that should have been more clear, again I think you need to talk to Microsoft and not to us.  Ask them why your CPU, that is according to you, above the specs and is not fully compatible.  I am not sure why you are asking me.  We did not create the sim, we did not create the encryption. 

You want us (me) to take responsibility for the issue you face. But I simply do not see why I should.  Our add-on is 100% compatible with the hardware that Microsoft requires. In fact we could have replaced our own system requirements with 'what Microsoft advises' . 

The issue is NOT in our add-on. Every add-on that uses these parts of the MSFS SDK will have EXACTLY that same issue on your system. Basically every modern airliner with complex systems will have the same issue.  

We do understand for the people affected this is not nice and for some not acceptable. But again this is not something we caused.  We wish we could change this and for all copies sold on our store and all other stores we have, it is NOT an issue on those copies. The issue only exists on the files that are encrypted by Microsoft. We did not encrypt them. 

Here's what you need to run Microsoft Flight Simulator | OC3D News

i5-4460 is a 4th Gen Haswell processor (Launch Q2 of 2014 and discontinued in July 2017) 

i7-960 is a Core Product Bloomfield Processor (Launched in Q4 of 2009.....)...  

Not sure how one claims their processor can be above the spec... if it is not above the spec.... The Clock Speed is not the defined spec.  The specific model and generation is...

That's not the usual way of defining min specs, that's the whole point of my complain. Min specs are never defined as "specific model and generation" unless clearly stated. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask aerosoft (yes aerosoft ! the addon editor) to see with their retailler to add such specific warning on CPU génération limitation to avoid buying this specific addon since the rest of the software is working flawlessly ! 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Pierre, as stated many times in this topic, the problem is the DRM system Microsoft uses in their in-game store (marketplace) and has nothing to do with the CRJ.

All add-ons, which will also be based on the C++ WASM technology will run in the same problem when being bought via the in-game shop (at the moment it is just the CRJ using this technology, but more will soon become available from other manufacturers).

But again, this has nothing to do with the CRJ but is solely a problem of the in-game store you used for your purchase.

So you need to direct your comments to the provider of that store, Microsoft. Of course you are also free to request a refund from Microsoft.

Archived