Extreme FPS (1-2 fps) when loading aircraft

Hey all,

I'm getting this all of a sudden, and I can't figure out why. Whenever I try to load the CRJ (either) into an airport, the slideshow begins to where it's like 1 frame per second. Extremely different, but now I can't get the CRJ to load without this happening. When the simulator finally loads inside the flight deck, it's extreme freezing. It sometimes takes me a bit to try to escape. 

I've done quite a few uninstalls and re-installs and to no avail. The only way I can figure out how to get it to launch without this extreme FPS loss is to load another a/c, go into dev mode, aircraft selector, then launch it.

In the video you'll see the airport loading screen, 1fps as it goes through it's normal view panning, then I finally get into the flight deck after rage clicking "Ready to Fly!", and you can see the extreme stutters. This didn't use to happen. It happened once flying out of KPHX the other day, reloaded the sim, it worked. Now, regardless of what airport I try to spawn it, regardless of whichever variant I try to spawn, day/night, this happens constantly...despite about 2-3 reinstalls. 

Here's a video: https://www.loom.com/share/991b5fd6167b42c087c4a9612a6e22c6

Update - this may be isolated to Monterey Airport (KMRY). Just attempted to load in again for maybe the 5th time, and same result as the video above. Tried Spokane (KGEG) and another random field and it loaded in fine.

• CRJ Forum Moderator
9 hours ago, Frafty said:

Hmm, yeah, okay. I have no answer. haha just avoid KMRY until the next update I guess!

Hopefully this is not another airport-specific frame rate bug like the once that was present at 76T airport in Texas after sim update 3. Asobo had to issue a hotfix a few weeks ago to address that. I will try KMRY in the CRJ later today. If that particular airport does indeed cause repeatable poor performance, it will need to be reported to Zendesk. 

On 4/18/2021 at 3:06 AM, Frafty said:

Update - this may be isolated to Monterey Airport (KMRY). Just attempted to load in again for maybe the 5th time, and same result as the video above. Tried Spokane (KGEG) and another random field and it loaded in fine.

default KMRY or an addon.  If an addon, which one so maybe it can be replicated

I just went and ran circuits at KMRY, latest MSFS update, latest CRJ, latest Nvidia drivers.

No problems with either the default or the addon KMRY. 50+ fps and smooth.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I have had the same issue at EGKK Gatwick . The first time immediately  after landing almost froze 1 or 2 fps. When I next tried to load at a gate I got 10 mins use then the frame rate crashed again . I haven't wanted to use it since.

Anyone with this problem, are you using Navigraph sim link?  If so, check to make sure it has not crashed.  It may still show active, but if it has crashed you will get this issue.  To fix just restart navigraph simlink.  This has been an on going issue that I am not sure has been rectified.

• Upvote 1
  • Root Admin

Unless somebody real quick finds a link to the  CRJ (that we simply can't see) I think I am going to close this topic or at least move it out of the CRJ section.