Audible "Traffic" alert even with TCAS off

ozzie_expat

Every minute or 2 during flight, I am getting the audible "Traffic, Traffic" alert, however no traffic appears on the MFD (with Traffic ON) or on the VFR Map - it gets so annoyingly repetitive I have turned traffic off on both Com radio stacks, but still get the warning. Any suggestions?

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Some further info, even though I can’t see how it could possibly be related, but the issue appears to be present when flying over water, and goes away when flying over land. I know how crazy that sounds, but it seems relatively consistent for me.

I also had this issue but just one flight.  I was on vatsim with Group only for traffic settings, not sure if this was part of it but it's the only time it has happened.  I have flown about a dozen flights or so now, only once on Vatsim.

• Upvote 1

On 21.3.2021 at 16:12, LH4371 sagte:

Thought TCAS is not even implemented in MSFS? So consider yourself lucky 😉. Besides that no idea how to help you. Sorry 

TCAS does work. It had it working fine once and as soon as i closed in to an AI aircraft for testing purposes, it said "Traffic, Traffic". Now I always have the above mentioned problem but i also see other traffic on my display.

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...

I had never experienced this until today PABR to PANC.  Started upon reaching cruise.  Not over water.  SU7, flying on VATSIM.  No one else in Alaska.  

This flight had a couple of weird things.  The traffic alert and all animations stopped.  Buttons and switches "worked", like turn on the taxi lights.  The lights came on but no switch movement or sound.  Weird flight. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I came across this problem today. The traffic alert going off every minute. No aircrafts nearby over the Baltic Sea between ESSV and ESSB, and continued right up to the runway. I use Simple Traffic if that has anything to do with it.

Best regards

Jan