Jump to content
If you cannot find the message you posted we probably moved it to the correct forum section! ×

Cannot Import Some Flight Plans from Sim Brief


Recommended Posts

So most of the SimBrief plans I've tried have worked, but some show me a  "Load Error" message, as opposed to the success message "Route Loaded (Msg)"

 

I've tried creating flight plans using all 3 AIRAC versions available to me on Navigraph (2102, 2013, 1903) and I have downloaded the latest Navigraph FMS data using their Aerosoft CRJ manual downloader, but this one with KJFKKGAI (attached) just refuses to work for me.

 

Anyone have any suggestions?

KJFKKGAI.flp

Link to post
Share on other sites

As I stated, I have no problem importing most flight plans from  SimBrief into the CRJ. It is the specific flight plan, that I attached, that is giving me problems.

When I try to manually specify the destination (KGAI), it says "NOT IN DATABASE," whereas other airports it has no problems locating

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • CRJ Forum Moderator

The minimum runway length in the FMS is 4500ft. And KGAI runway is 4202ft. You might have a look at this topic :

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Sergio,

Which folder have you inserted this file into?

The right paths are:
 

Microsoft Store:

C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Packages\ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\aerosoft-crj\work

 

Steam:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\aerosoft-crj\work


 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Secondator.

 

I have installed the MSFS in the D drive, not in C drive, so the path recommended doesn’t work for me.

I have installed the flight plan in the following path:

E:\MFS\Official\OneStore\aerosoft-crj\Work_Defaults

 

My previous flight plan load correctly EBBRLFPO, so I tought that the folder was right.

 

Thanks for the help you can give me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Deputy Sheriffs

It does not matter where you have installed your MSFS. The work folder will always be installed with it into your C drive into the path that I defined earlier.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Hans and Secondator,

 

I'm also having some problems that some flightplans can't be imported into CRJ's FMS.

Attached is the flightplan generated from Simbrief. CRJ itself shows it's using AIRAC 2103. Simbrief is also using AIRAC 2103

 

Not sure what is wrong as it's showing LOAD ERROR.  

 

I've put the flightplan in the correct place, and the FMS does show the file there. Just that when I want to load it, it errors. 

airac2103.png

simbriefAiRAC2103.PNG

VTSPVTBD01.flp

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can also confirm this has happened specifically when I finished a successful imported SimBrief IFR flight. After landing at my destination, I parked at the gate and then tried to load another plan. This gave me a load error. I’m just learning the crj so maybe I will try again but with the complete cold and dark state reinstated after landing. Overall fun plane as I’m just now getting into aviation 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you guys not read the solutions just a line or two above yours? The answer is in this very post so it isn't even like you had to search!

 

Your runways are too short. Of course the FMS isn't going to accept an airfield that is dangerous.

 

And if you are saying that is not the issue with your airport then seriously, why don't you tell us the flight plan with airports over 4500 feet with the issue?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having the same problems here and it's nothing to do with runway length!

 

Could someone from Aerosoft PLEASE confirm WHERE the FMS is expecting to find the *.FLP file.... I have my files currently residing in 4 directories that have been highlighted here and in other posts but still I get the Load Error! Since this is an integral part of using this aircraft I would have thought it would have been documented somewhere... apologies if I've missed it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2021 at 1:07 PM, Secondator said:

Hello Sergio,

Which folder have you inserted this file into?

The right paths are:
 

Microsoft Store:

C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Packages\ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\aerosoft-crj\work

 

Steam:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\aerosoft-crj\work


 

I've just done a new installed on a clean system and once at the runway with the CRJ loaded the above path you mention (Store user) does NOT exist... on my system the aerosoft-crj\work folder is created here:-

 

C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Packages\ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Packages\aerosoft-crj\work

 

But alas the FLP will not load into the FMS. So I also dropped a FLP file into the path you suggest but again I get the 'Load Error' message.

 

I've spent far too long trying to get to the bottom of this!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, Dave March said:

I'm having the same problems here and it's nothing to do with runway length!

 

Could someone from Aerosoft PLEASE confirm WHERE the FMS is expecting to find the *.FLP file.... I have my files currently residing in 4 directories that have been highlighted here and in other posts but still I get the Load Error! Since this is an integral part of using this aircraft I would have thought it would have been documented somewhere... apologies if I've missed it.

 

1 hour ago, Dave March said:

I've just done a new installed on a clean system and once at the runway with the CRJ loaded the above path you mention (Store user) does NOT exist... on my system the aerosoft-crj\work folder is created here:-

 

C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Packages\ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Packages\aerosoft-crj\work

 

But alas the FLP will not load into the FMS. So I also dropped a FLP file into the path you suggest but again I get the 'Load Error' message.

 

I've spent far too long trying to get to the bottom of this!


Hi Dave, yes you are right. My apolgies.

The right directory for the MS Store is indeed C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Packages\ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Packages\aerosoft-crj\work

For Steam: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\aerosoft-crj\work

Also make sure that the .flp file is 8 characters long. Seems like some people have had issues loading the flightplan when the file name has been longer than 8 characters (excluding the .flp extension)

Link to post
Share on other sites

RESOLVED:

 

Having the same issues w/ flight plan not importing anymore. Worked for last couple of weeks and now just gives me a LOAD ERROR every time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Deputy Sheriffs
On 4/5/2021 at 7:38 PM, Dave March said:

Thanks for the reply. I can confirm the filename is only 8 characters (EGGWEHAM.FLP)


Could you upload the file. I can try then myself to see if it loads and if not what error it gives.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Dave March said:

 

Hello Dave,

The problem in your file is that the departure runway is set as runway 26 which is not found. Luton runway 08/26 was changed to 07/25 in May 2020.

I manually edited the file in notepad by setting "RwyDep=EGGW25" on line 3 and the flight plan loaded fine after that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Deputy Sheriffs
30 minutes ago, Dave March said:

That plan was created using Simbrief.

In this case it is always important that the cycle used in Simbrief is the same as in your aircraft.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t know if that’s the right thread to post my problem. But since 1.0.0.1 I can’t load any flight plans anymore not even the ones stored as pilot’s routes. It always says something like “flightplan loaded” but no departure, no destination and no waypoints are in the FMS. 
 

I tried out SimBrief files, Little Navmap files (which worked before) and saving and loading from the pilot’s  routes on the second flightplan. 
 

also tried to enable or disable importing sids and stars. 
 

it always tells me it loaded the flightplan, but nothing is in the FMS

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...