Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

On 7/25/2023 at 8:29 PM, dominicj said:

Honestly people here tend to behave as if they bought the a330 a long time ago and aerosoft failed to deliver - which is not the case. So we do not need anything from them. They do not owe anyone anything at this point. Although the communication could be improved about what they are actually going sell. However this will most certainly be done at the release so you will know what you will buy. People should stop being so entitled about a product that hasn‘t been released yet. If they release it and then are being vague about what it can and what not, thats the time to start a riot in this forum and not now. 🙃

From my perspective, while I understand that this is a product for MSFS and not a continuation from the P3D version of the A330, some of the more obvious flaws that were present in the P3D product seems to have been inherited by its MSFS progeny. And this is my chief grievance currently. However, that being said, if those flaws that I've pointed out earlier are fixed in due course of time, then I'll be satisfied. Again, just stating my personal opinion. 

• Upvote 2

@Aerosoft team 

I saw some other image of the aircraft in the new page there is one wing lifted up as it is air born and another one normal. While the plane is on ground.

I mentioned this for mathijs before he said it’s just the camera position but it seems it’s not fixed yet like the ini a310 which looks ugly with those wings disorder 

Please login to display this image.

• Upvote 2

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Tobias Nome:

Tired of this forum lately. It is overrun by complaining and entitled posters.

Then dont come here. There is no point in having such a forum if people arent allowed to say their honest critical and negative opinions. If everyone only said aerosoft is doing great things, we would definitely end up with a shitty product. If you cant cope with that, I recommend you to move past the forum and to the offical A330 website, since there is no useful information about the product here anyway (another point where I unfortunately have to complain, but we need to be honest).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 6

Today we've got the first A330 Dev Snapshot for you. 
Last issue to resolve in the VNAV calculation: the vertical speed is sometimes a bit.. drastic.
We continue to work hard on our A330 project. Visit our project website at http://a330.aerosoft.com too for the latest dev updates!

Source: https://twitter.com/AerosoftGmbH/status/1684534095731208192

F2CQk62XkAABdzz?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, YAG said:

@Aerosoft team 

I saw some other image of the aircraft in the new page there is one wing lifted up as it is air born and another one normal. While the plane is on ground.

I mentioned this for mathijs before he said it’s just the camera position but it seems it’s not fixed yet like the ini a310 which looks ugly with those wings disorder 

Maybe a beta tester could take a new frontal picture, to see how it is.

4 hours ago, TomReborn said:

Last issue to resolve in the VNAV calculation: the vertical speed is sometimes a bit.. drastic.
We continue to work hard on our A330 project. Visit our project website at http://a330.aerosoft.com too for the latest dev updates!

What are the thing you are pointing at?

Has Aerosoft contacted Fenix Simulations for help with the localizer captures and ILS alignment? I find the Fenix 320 to capture the localizer perfectly every time (unlike PMDG), and since there has been word of PMDG helping Aerosft, it doesn't sound like a bad idea to have Fenix help, who has already made an Airbus.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

8 hours ago, TomReborn said:

Thank you for this Tom! It’s nice to have a bit of insight into the the issues you’ve mentioned the team face….

is there a “time frame” for how long these sort of issues take? 

thanks again! 

On 7/19/2023 at 12:30 PM, mopperle said:

Please click on the FAQ link in the green banner on top of the page.

That's really sad how we more likely won't get the other engine variants. 
Delta is the largest A330 operator in the world and it sucks that we won't be able to get that. 
Is there a complete reason why you guys won't make the other engine variants? 

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Tomas Zima said:

Hi will be A330.From the first day of release on the Marketplace?  Thanks for the info.

The moment a product gets released, it is available to all resellers including the MSFS marketplace. But it depends on the reseller when it appears in their shop and this also applies to the marketplace. Aerosoft has no control over this.

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, CptLee said:

Delta is the largest A330 operator in the world and it sucks that we won't be able to get that. 

I agree. They are important, but nobody seems to care.

(I know I’ve made a lot of posts about the engine variant, but there are twice that many posts just repeating “A330 website bad” so whatever)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Svend Loggerhead said:

but nobody seems to care.

5 pages of this forum was nothing but "Give engine variants and -200 instead of the A330 Neo" when the NEO got announced, safe to say a lot care

• Upvote 3

On 7/28/2023 at 4:58 AM, CptLee said:

It's just an opinion:

I think a Delta A330 with RR Engines would look nice though.

On 7/27/2023 at 1:18 PM, TomReborn said:

I love this openness on outstanding issues; it's actually refreshing to see what's still missing. (as opposed to "it's close" without clarifying how close it is).

Hopefully Aerosoft keeps up the habit of saying what's left, even if it's showing ugly parts. It helps ground me in reality rather than constantly thinking it's gonna be out any minute.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It would certainly be nice if they continue to be fully clear with what their next moves are. The teaser video, which many took to be a trailer, was easily misinterpreted as the aircraft being fully ready and sent for marketing - clearly that isn't the case

• Upvote 5

39 minutes ago, Leonardo Meschini said:

in my opinion the aircraft seems ready, only a few systems need to be refined

And they even told us what systems that are and therefore what they are currently working on.

• Like 2

Hi Team,

I was wondering what resources were allocated to making the A330 Website. Did the devs working on the A330 also make the website, or was it a separate team?

Thanks

• Upvote 2

• Deputy Sheriffs
18 hours ago, twnsor said:

Hi Team,

I was wondering what resources were allocated to making the A330 Website. Did the devs working on the A330 also make the website, or was it a separate team?

Thanks

The Aerosoft marketing department is staffed with different people than the development department. 

But have a look for yourself: https://www.aerosoft.com/en/company

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3