Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

On 7/7/2023 at 8:28 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Indeed, indeed. 

Besides, Project Managers basically do nothing useful. They just get told by upper management to get things done and by the developers that it can't be done. Can you blame me for doing something else after 20 years? 😉

Friends, this is my last post on this forum section as the project manager. I leave you in good hands. When I leave Aerosoft end of the month I will make a new account and join as just another enthusiast for the A330! 

So if this is Mr koks, last contribution to this thread, and he leaves the end of the month.

One could read there will be no other announcements regarding progress to the a330, until the 1st of August,  at at the very earliest we might have her by mid August if the transition period goes smoothly. 

Anyways all the best Mr Kok in your future endeavours 

• Thanks 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
6 hours ago, SpeedbirdSimulation said:

One could read there will be no other announcements regarding progress to the a330, until the 1st of August,  at at the very earliest we might have her by mid August if the transition period goes smoothly. 

One could also assume that you can take Mathijs at his word:

On 7/7/2023 at 9:28 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

I leave you in good hands.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 9

3 hours ago, Jordan87 said:

So after reading through all of the last 5 pages or so, I think it’s pretty clear that it would do Aerosoft some good by way of customer relations to provide some sort of update. 

Just my thoughts, nobody need cry. 

Lol meaningful updates were few and far to come by when MK was here for the past 7 months, so I am not holding my breath for any updates anytime soon.

• Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Lol meaningful updates were few and far to come by when MK was here for the past 7 months, so I am not holding my breath for any updates anytime soon.

They are fewer and even further between with like... Anyone else! His style was more continually updating and answering questions instead of waiting for two months and then posting it all at once (like most other developpers do). 

Although, I do agree that an update is due, but honestly I don't know if they've gotten a replacement yet. I wouldn't worry though. I'm sure they'll tell us when someone new pops up.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

16 minutes ago, CharlieB00000 said:

What I don’t understand is that if MK isn’t resigning until the end of July why was his last post basically at the start of July? Surely that means that there is a new project manager who is ready to start working or else why would he have stopped posting basically a month before he was due to?

I guess it has now become a conflict of interest issue.  From my superficial reading of the recent posts, things probably haven't ended on great terms.  I sense alot of frustration, for whatever reason.  People generally don't leave when they're happy.   So from the company's perspective, he's probably been told not to post anything further on official forums.

I have always enjoyed updates from MK over the years.  When he spoke, everyone listened.  I remember him from Lago days.   Whatever anyone's perception is, I think it's a great loss to the flightsim community if he is leaving completely

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Deputy Sheriffs

All. please, time to return to the project and cease discussion about Mathijs, especially the reasons he decided to move on. For those that want to send best wishes or thanks, here's a better place to do so:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Tobias Nome said:

Name one developer that provides more frequent progress updates than Aerosoft does. 

I'd hope there would be more considering the 7mo+ delay...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 8

38 minutes ago, blanderrr said:

I'd hope there would be more considering the 7mo+ delay...

I keep replying to this pointing out the same issue. It gets posted but deleted moments later 👀🙃🤷‍♂️

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hermans post earlier today was quite clear: please stay on topic, i.e. A330.

Posts deviating from topic will get hidden from public view.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, lindbergh72 said:

Will the release of the A330 be delayed because of Mr. Kok departure? 

MK was not a developer, just a project manager.  So there should not be a direct impact to the project on their side.  On our side we will probably feel the most impact with little to no updates.  As for the release dates according to the FS Elite article when the released the preview trailer they claimed Aerosoft was hoping for a summer release.  So depending on how one counts your summers, but probably at the latest September. . . If things are not so bunged up on their side.

• Like 1

Hello Team.

What are some pain points and areas the team is currently focusing on? I remember the last update said that the AP and LNAV/VNAV were being linked together. How is it progressing so far? Is that the only work left in the "systems" category?

• Upvote 4

Why not sit down and just relax and take a BusRide with the Freeware and get fully trained in the procedures f.e. D I F R I P S which is a must if you want fly correctly.

21 hours ago, Sebastian Blauhut said:

It's been pretty clear for a long time that there won't be

Did you read when Mathijs said that an answer would be given at some point? And no, I don’t care about the downvotes, so feel free to downvote-spam this even more.

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 minutes ago, Svend Loggerhead said:

Did you read when Mathijs said that an answer would be given at some point?

And with that statement he clearly meant some point in time after the initial release of the A330. It doesn't make too much sense to repeat such questions before the initial release as you couldn't possibly expect any other answer.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

And with that statement he clearly meant some point in time after the initial release of the A330

Which wasn’t specified or clear in his answer, in fact his answer implied it would be given on this forum which implies before release, but whatever. I’m not going to start arguments, I just want to be able to fly an A330-300 with GE engines, whether through an expansion pack or an external mod if Aerosoft is too lazy.

• Upvote 4

On 5/27/2023 at 11:38 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

I have no ide what you mean with flaps shake animation. Is there any other DLC that has that I should look at?

As previously stated, the fenix a320 has it as well as the Zibo in X plane has it. A video featuring flap Shake in the a330 in real life can be found here (skip to 13:22 for the clearest video of it): 

in the video, the flap shake is mostly on the rollout after landing, but it can still be seen. I think it would be really cool to have it implemented.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Scandfox said:

Why not sit down and just relax and take a BusRide with the Freeware and get fully trained in the procedures f.e. D I F R I P S which is a must if you want fly correctly.

Ah indeed - well kind of. I think part of the curiosity people have is to understand the extent at which procedures can be replicated in the Aerosoft A330. For example, based on answers from Mathijs, we already know that typical Oceanic NAT/HLA operations and procedures typical of an A330 cannot be replicated, because features you would need to do that are not included in the initial release. 

This brings us to DIFRIPS, or to be more current, DIFSRIPS these days. We know that the secondary flight plan function will not be available on release, and we do not know and have not seen any full flight or setup on the A330 yet. This is because although there have been indications that the goal is to have this released this summer, there have not been any videos of actual flights in it from the tech team/beta testers. 

In short, we do not know what procedures can even be replicated, so you can study all the things you think you must in order to be able to operate it, but for all you know, you might not need most of them depending on what Aerosoft delivers. 

I am excited about this and watching closely, but I am also cautious about getting my hopes high in terms of the complexity we have to expect. I know that Aerosoft builds their Airbuses by modeling day-to-day operations with no bells and whistles or more advanced, but more rarely used features. From what we know so far, the Aerosoft A330 will not meet even that standard in terms of complexity. No secondary flight plans, no custom/user waypoints, no SLOP, and no possibility to enter time markers. We also know no Hoppies integration on release, so no CDPLC. Add to that the unavoidable limitations dictated by the MSFS such as the lack of a weather radar.

I am not that much interested in the "when". I am interested in the "what". What are the expected features that will be available on release? What will be missing? This will help us understand what Aerosoft is building, and also who is it building it for. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

7 hours ago, Svend Loggerhead said:

Which wasn’t specified or clear in his answer, in fact his answer implied it would be given on this forum which implies before release, but whatever. I’m not going to start arguments, I just want to be able to fly an A330-300 with GE engines, whether through an expansion pack or an external mod if Aerosoft is too lazy.

Sorry but your just gonna have to wait 10 years for the fslabs a330 to get your ge engines, aerosoft clearly had made up there mind about only rr engines, no separate isis instruments, or different variants, imo it’s a sign of laziness 

• Upvote 6

I think we have the right to know what is happening with the plane, even if the detail is boring because it was postponed for about 8 months. Come on aerosoft you can do better.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 10