Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

I know it's all a long way off, but I'm not very familiar with Aerosoft. If I now buy the A330 for Msfs 2020, can I also fly this aircraft in Microsoft flight simulator 2024 or do I have to buy it again?

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, gjens said:

Did the comment about the bad looking wingflex got removed? In the trailer it didn't look realistic at all, the wing started flexing when the aircraft became airborne, when it should already flex while building airspeed on the ground, and have the most amount of flex during rotation (not during the steady climb after rotation). The wingflex just looked so static and predefined.

I know there is a "work in progress" text at the bottom of the teaser video, but I just wanted to let you guys know, in case you thought this looked good.

And no, I'm not a real life A330 pilot, but I do have a master's degree in aeronautical engineering.

I agree, I hope this is something the Aerosoft team will be able to fix.

17 hours ago, cwa alt said:

What’s the point of doing a long haul if you accelerate time, kind of sounds like you shouldn’t be doing long hauls if you don’t want to wait 

Good job on keeping the gates closed, we really don’t want anyone who walks out of their house once in a while to use a simulator. How dare they even suggest adding optional features to make life a little easier… how dare they…

But jokes aside, what’s wrong with someone wanting to fly from one big airport they like, to another one in less than 9h?

edit: read your other comments, and why does it kill the immersion to accelerate time, but not doing housework and going out with friends in the cruise?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Hi Mathijs, about  1 to 2 month ago somebody asked if we could see the a330 release within 1-4 months. You responded with Without any guarantee, let’s. so could we say we’re in between the 1-3 month range?

• Upvote 9

Il y a 2 heures, Mathijs Kok a déclaré :

Sorry, the beta team is full and is already like herding cats, lol.

But let's do it this way, when we release I'll get you a free copy and when it works you pay. I doubt it will work, however. I am 90% sure we use some CPU instructions your CPU simply does not have yet. 

I have a question the test on xbox is going well ?

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

turn-off take-offs (is that what it is called?)

The procedure is called Intersection Departure(s). So it should be Departure Intersection (or Takeoff Intersection), but definitely not turn-off, because that would be the other way round :)

• Thanks 1

• Aerosoft
4 minutes ago, Tobias94 said:

The procedure is called Intersection Departure(s). So it should be Departure Intersection (or Takeoff Intersection), but definitely not turn-off, because that would be the other way round :)

Thanks, I knew I had something wrong.

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
22 minutes ago, Ramp_air said:

I have a question the test on xbox is going well ?

No, you basically can only start testing on Xbox when you are very close to releasing and uploaded files to Microsoft.  We hope to start with that soonish. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Carl Järvholm MAGYe said:

Good job on keeping the gates closed, we really don’t want anyone who walks out of their house once in a while to use a simulator. How dare they even suggest adding optional features to make life a little easier… how dare they…

But jokes aside, what’s wrong with someone wanting to fly from one big airport they like, to another one in less than 9h?

edit: read your other comments, and why does it kill the immersion to accelerate time, but not doing housework and going out with friends in the cruise?

I never said there’s something wrong with it lmao I said it defeats the purpose of a “long haul” if you accelerate time, I understand people have stuff to do lol 

13 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We have not been able to test that, but that is very much the plan. It is fully intended for our aircraft projects to be 100% the same on PC. MSFS Cloud and Xbox.

Thanks for the xbox support! Been flightsimming off on 20 years on pc an moved to xbox. Flightsim is all i use xbox for an it works great! Future for xbox is looking good👍

Maybe we should stop debating on time acceleration? Just let people do what they want.

Also, if Aerosoft doesn’t do it natively, then hopefully someone might make mod for the other engine types like they did for the P3D version

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 3

Wow how a small teaser got the community off the rails in this topic forum LOL.

Anyhow to those saying the release is due in late July, note Mathijs mentioning "teaser" this is technically not a trailer.

One of the main component namely VNAV is still being worked on and this requires crazy amount of hours of testing. For now the only possible release timeframe i could see is towards late August or more likely towards September provided no hiccups are encountered by the team along the way.

Time acceleration argument to each of his own. Nice feature to have even though i don't use it. The last time i flew long haul i disconnected vatsim(Also something i rarely use) halfway after reaching the optimum cruise altitude as a safe measure and went out for a long stroll on the beach or go hiking. Back home only then i would only then reconnect vatsim. Again does not hurt aerosoft to have it. Recalled their P3D A330 being able to tolerate 4x acceleration.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Deputy Sheriffs

To all of you, please go back to topic and no more discussion whether time acceleration makes sense or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 7

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 minutes ago, VBHB said:

The plane simulates day to day operations yeah?

Why do you ask a question you have answered yourself already in this topic at the 12th of April?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Something like it looks on my screen? 

Please login to display this image.

Looking gooood! I have the same monitor as you, how’s the frame rate difference between having it full screen on our resolution compared to Windowed 2560x1440?

Sometimes I like to fly in Windowed to have charts and Volanta etc at the sides :)

• Aerosoft
4 minutes ago, TomReborn said:

Looking gooood! I have the same monitor as you, how’s the frame rate difference between having it full screen on our resolution compared to Windowed 2560x1440?

Every simmer should have a super widescreen monitor; it just makes a heck of a difference in your experience. Human vision is wide, not high. Never understood 4K screens, to be honest.

I see very little difference between windowed and full screen, but that's with all aircraft.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Thank you for the picture.

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Leg rest is animated... You thought we wouldn't notice you little sneaky @Mathijs Kok 😉🤠