Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Mathijs Kok:

Can you recommend a payware DLC that can accurately read data from the simulator? I'm only willing to consider options that use this method, as any other external weather source won't accurately place the rain fronts where they are in the sim.

We can make the weather radar reflect the ground quite well, as we've had this feature in P3D for the past eight years. This would allow for better navigation through the weather. However, without a functional weather radar, any deficiencies would be more noticeable.

not for MSFS unfortunately. I was referring to P3D. 

• Aerosoft
28 minutes ago, Harry Hubb said:

Hello mathijs, loving all of these external pics of the A330, any chance we could get some Cockpit previews?

That's not easy right now... See, we have a got a ton of UI / Font issues, and things basically look like crap.  Now we are not worried by those and decided to clean all of that up at the end (basically because anything we do can cause more issues).  It's all stuff like this:

Please login to display this image.

That's a 10-minute fix, but we got loads and loads.  And If we post any images, I know they will be around in 2029 to show how crappy the A330 was.  

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
35 minutes ago, Sandro Vitalini said:

not for MSFS unfortunately. I was referring to P3D. 

Ahhh, secretly I was hoping you would say that.

However... our Airbusses are still the ONLY aircraft in P3D that actually read the weather in the sim and show rain where it is in the sim. It took a full year of work, but it worked, without any external tool. 

Try finding rain in any other aircraft. PMDG, whatever. Spot a rain front on the WX and fly towards it. See if you find rain. Now try the same in our P3D A330. 

• Like 5

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, bodiz said:

Hello mathijs, you said before that the modeling team is now working on the next bus, can you give us a hint about it?

(Hope it will be a321neo)🥺

It's an aircraft. And not a PBY Catalina as I so dearly wanted.  But obviously, it is an Airbus.

• Like 3

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Pilotefr said:

Oh yes, it's complicated to be a tester?

Mwrghhh, I would not say so as a tester is supposed to be a user avant la lettre. It is just mind-numbingly boring because you keep doing the same thing over and over hoping it will is fixed. It also means you need to be totally anal about details. Of course, the aircraft need to be able to intercept an ILS, but at the same time, there is small stuff that might not be as important but still needs to be looked at.

image.png

See what is wrong there?

Right... the digits need to be placed a few pixels to the left and one pixel down.  Probably nobody would ever see this in the end product, but it is in our bug tracker and will be dealt with at some point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

• Aerosoft
4 minutes ago, Carl Järvholm MAGYe said:

And the process pf coming up with a good comment to win a free A330 starts here…

Oh I did that a lot. The rule is simple,  The comment needs to make me laugh so loud that my wife asks me what is going on.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Pilotefr said:

the airasia reminds me of memories in 2014 air algerie had rented 2 a330-300 for the summer period it was too pretty too bad I have no more pictures

I guess they did it for the world cup right

vor 23 Minuten schrieb Mathijs Kok:

Dear Mathijs,

I have a question, since you show such a wonderful picture here:

Both in pictures and my personal impression from visits to Airbus cockpits was that the letters look a little "finer" overall on the displays, but the Bloom makes them look a little larger and softer, blurrier again.

In the airbusses for the P3D, the letters look rather hard and somehow too bold (I know, that's just an impression that's not true at all!). 

Is it somehow possible to add this " blurry " to the MSFS version?

(Of course, I know that some people will then come forward again and say that the displays are blurred. I also realise that all the pictures so far are WIP).

I think that would be a real step forward in the direction of immersion, it would be really great if you could implement something like that somehow.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Mwrghhh, I would not say so as a tester is supposed to be a user avant la lettre. It is just mind-numbingly boring because you keep doing the same thing over and over hoping it will is fixed. It also means you need to be totally anal about details. Of course, the aircraft need to be able to intercept an ILS, but at the same time, there is small stuff that might not be as important but still needs to be looked at.

See what is wrong there?

Right... the digits need to be placed a few pixels to the left and one pixel down.  Probably nobody would ever see this in the end product, but it is in our bug tracker and will be dealt with at some point.

ah ok so if I understand well a good test must discover the different bugs thank you for this answer good I'm on vacation 1 week without children lol if I can help you 😁

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Frap 99 said:

I guess they did it for the world cup right

in fact this company with a strong influence during the summer period suddenly a lot of passengers and few planes they are forced to rent to different companies

• Aerosoft
21 minutes ago, MatthiasKNU said:

Dear Mathijs,

I have a question, since you show such a wonderful picture here:

Both in pictures and my personal impression from visits to Airbus cockpits was that the letters look a little "finer" overall on the displays, but the Bloom makes them look a little larger and softer, blurrier again.

In the airbusses for the P3D, the letters look rather hard and somehow too bold (I know, that's just an impression that's not true at all!). 

Is it somehow possible to add this " blurry " to the MSFS version?

(Of course, I know that some people will then come forward again and say that the displays are blurred. I also realise that all the pictures so far are WIP).

I think that would be a real step forward in the direction of immersion, it would be really great if you could implement something like that somehow.

Yes.... but...

If your screen is 4k, with a width of 3840 pixels, and what is displayed on your screen is 85cm wide, then each pixel is approximately 2.2mm wide. This is the minimum size we can display with clear definition, as long as it is perfectly vertical or horizontal. However, the way in which graphics are displayed beyond this point is dependent on your graphics driver.

Our controls are very much limited. The image I showed is fully zoomed in, something you would never see normally. This is a more normal view on a 4k screen.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

37 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Oh, je l'ai beaucoup fait. La règle est simple, le commentaire doit me faire rire si fort que ma femme me demande ce qui se passe.

had to tell us before I would have tried to find a joke it will become the aerosoft comedy club to have a free 330🤣

How would you say the current state is regarding performance still? For example in the recently released KJFK by iniBuilds, are you able to comment on performance in an area like this? I'm sure KJFK will be a common hub for A330 flights once released :)

• Aerosoft

Eh bien, ne me laissez pas vous arrêter!

Look, I feel a bit guilty about the whole sound thing. I should not have posted that video. My bad.  It does not reflect what the aircraft will sound like, just as the first images we shared a looooong time ago do not reflect what the product would like. That is why it was labelled work in progress etc. And honestly, while it 'exploded' on the forum, I did not care a lot. Why counter the arguments from people who made up their minds? If you made a mistake, as I did, it is better to sit still and not dig a deeper hole. Hans Hartmann told me that a long time ago, and he is right. We are testing new sounds right now and will do so until release. 

So what I did is traditional, showed some nice pictures and deflected the issue. In many ways, the flightsim community has gotten a bitter edge where haters will hate, and people made up their minds before they have even seen a product. So be it. 

• Upvote 8

• Aerosoft
8 minutes ago, TomReborn said:

How would you say the current state is regarding performance still? For example in the recently released KJFK by iniBuilds, are you able to comment on performance in an area like this? I'm sure KJFK will be a common hub for A330 flights once released :)

Well, I do not have that airport installed so I simply can't say.

I do two kinds of tests on performance, a simple one that has a simple runway deep in Africa with not a single city or placed object in sight. That shows you how the aircraft behaves. The second test I do on our Brussels airport I think is still the most detailed airport released. I mean, look at the weeds in this place.

Aerosoft Mega Airport Brussels

Now framerates depend on settings and hardware so telling you I get 80 fps in the first condition and 35 in the second means nothing. What I can say is that I compare with all the major aircraft (that are running inside the sim) and that we match or beat those with an aircraft that simply has more details. 

So I am not at all worried about performance. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Il y a 12 minutes, Mathijs Kok a dit :

Écoute, je me sens un peu coupable de tout le son. Je n'aurais pas dû poster cette vidéo. Ma faute. Cela ne reflète pas ce à quoi ressemblera l'avion, tout comme les premières images que nous avons partagées il y a longtemps ne reflètent pas ce que le produit aimerait. C'est pourquoi il a été étiqueté travail en cours, etc. Et honnêtement, bien qu'il ait "explosé" sur le forum, je ne m'en souciai pas beaucoup. Pourquoi contrer les arguments des personnes qui se sont décidées ? Si vous avez fait une erreur, comme je l'ai fait, il est préférable de rester immobile et de ne pas creuser un trou plus profond. Hans Hartmann me l'a dit il y a longtemps, et il a raison. Nous testons de nouveaux sons en ce moment et nous le ferons jusqu'à sa sortie.

Donc, ce que j'ai fait est traditionnel, j'ai montré de belles photos et j'ai détourné le problème. À bien des égards, la communauté flightsim a obtenu un avantage amer où les haineux haïront, et les gens se sont décidés avant même d'avoir vu un produit. Ainsi qu'il en soit ainsi.

we want the free plane you made a big mistake lol (I'm kidding of course) it must have happened now there was a misunderstanding me the sound my much more however but the main thing is that the plane is perfect good job to your team we support you all

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Look, I feel a bit guilty about the whole sound thing. I should not have posted that video. My bad.  It does not reflect what the aircraft will sound like, just as the first images we shared a looooong time ago do not reflect what the product would like. That is why it was labelled work in progress etc. And honestly, while it 'exploded' on the forum, I did not care a lot. Why counter the arguments from people who made up their minds? If you made a mistake, as I did, it is better to sit still and not dig a deeper hole. Hans Hartmann told me that a long time ago, and he is right. We are testing new sounds right now and will do so until release. 

So what I did is traditional, showed some nice pictures and deflected the issue. In many ways, the flightsim community has gotten a bitter edge where haters will hate, and people made up their minds before they have even seen a product. So be it. 

I think, as someone pointed out earlier, that the more emotional comments that were made during this weekend was not so much about the sound itself, but the way the original comments were dismissed by one of the moderators. I don't even remember most of these comments, but I do believe that many people thought that the moderator-in-question's opinions were Aerosofts official stance on this matter, this was quickly cleared up though, when we got an answer from the development team. And I think everyone is happy now

So I don't think that the work in progress video was that big of a deal, just that it was unfortunate that the team had the weekend off after it dropped.

Just my 2 cents. I don't really know how the trent 700 is supposed to sound so I am still a tad confused over this but I think it's great that it's been clarified.

You're doing a great job! keep it up!

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Unfortunately, a lot of people in the flight sim community at large forget what "work in progress" actually means - they assume that things are being shown because that element is complete when it isn't necessarily the case!

I wouldn't say what you shared was a mistake - perhaps putting a massive watermark over any video/image that clearly states it's WIP so it can't be edited out for broadcast elsewhere will help...