Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

• Aerosoft
23 minutes ago, Pilotefr said:

I have worked on many a330 in my career at the landing gear level it is very realistic congratulations to your team

If you feel you have first-hand knowledge we might be able to use, can we invite you to our team? 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

If you feel you have first-hand knowledge we might be able to use, can we invite you to our team? 

yes Mathijs if I can help you it is with great pleasure of course contact me with pleasure

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I also have first hand knowledge, I work for a UK airline operating the A330/NEO. I would be happy to share my knowledge and help you and your team. If so feel free to contact me at my email Paul.HoweA330@gmail.com

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NovemberTangoJuliet said:

Are there still no plans to do the -200 variant? 

I think it might be hard to do but it’s worth the effort since it’s going to have a ton of liveries. But could only wish we see it one day.

• Aerosoft
52 minutes ago, Paul Howe said:

I also have first hand knowledge, I work for a UK airline operating the A330/NEO. I would be happy to share my knowledge and help you and your team. If so feel free to contact me at my email Paul.HoweA330@gmail.com

Anybody who has hands-on knowledge, either from the flight deck or from maintenance/planning, etc is very welcome. Just send me a mail at mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com.  Just excuse me for asking for proof, we have been bitten by 16-year-old captains. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

• Aerosoft
Just now, Chris J. Ratnam said:

@Mathijs Kok I’m an A330 Fleet Operations Executive with an Asian operator. If there’s anything I could do to help contribute to this beauty, do drop me a message. Anything to get this girl in the air asap!

I am always hesitant to use the forum database to contact people. Would you be so kind as to contact me at mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com to avoid me from accessing data I rather not access? 

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
Just now, Pilotefr said:

I'm 35 so it's ok lol

Let me rephrase... we have been bitten by 35 year olds who found a few documents on the internet. Honestly, I feel like a total dick asking somebody who tells me he is a A330 certified pilot for proof he actually is. But I need to.

See, in these kinds of tests, a small comment like 'the wheel brake performance seems off at high speed' could easily cause us to spend 10 hours trying under what conditions this might happen. Now if there REALLY is an issue that is time well spent. If that issue was inserted by a simmer who owns every P3D A330 aircraft and saw a lot of videos, I rather not spend a second on it.

If a real A330 pilot tells us something feels wrong, it is noticed, noted, and discussed.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Let me rephrase... we have been bitten by 35 year olds who found a few documents on the internet. Honestly, I feel like a total dick asking somebody who tells me he is a A330 certified pilot for proof he actually is. But I need to.

See, in these kinds of tests, a small comment like 'the wheel brake performance seems off at high speed' could easily cause us to spend 10 hours trying under what conditions this might happen. Now if there REALLY is an issue that is time well spent. If that issue was inserted by a simmer who owns every P3D A330 aircraft and saw a lot of videos, I rather not spend a second on it.

If a real A330 pilot tells us something feels wrong, it is noticed, noted, and discussed.

yes I completely understand a lot of usurpers lol but I reassure you I am not a pilot lol but I have a good knowledge of the a330 so it will be a pleasure to help you

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I am always hesitant to use the forum database to contact people. Would you be so kind as to contact me at mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com to avoid me from accessing data I rather not access? 

I have sent an email forward! 

Right so I've had a look through most of the forum pages and i can say VERY GOOD although, although a few things concern me 1 being system depth and 2 being fuel burn. I noticed in the p3d version the fuel burned off very quick ie: starting with 32000 kilos and landing with just under 6300 kilos left this includes long taxi and 6-hour airtime. so will this be adjusted or can we expect something close i was planning on doing Havana to Moscow Wich is about 12 hours but i am worried i will run out of fuel.

1 minute ago, ual2132 said:

Right so I've had a look through most of the forum pages and i can say VERY GOOD although, although a few things concern me 1 being system depth and 2 being fuel burn. I noticed in the p3d version the fuel burned off very quick ie: starting with 32000 kilos and landing with just under 6300 kilos left this includes long taxi and 6-hour airtime. so will this be adjusted or can we expect something close i was planning on doing Havana to Moscow Wich is about 12 hours but i am worried i will run out of fuel.

Well the system depth would be similar to P3D I reckon. The goal as Mathijs mentioned before is to simulate day to day normal flight deck operations rather than non-normal procedures.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Pilotefr said:

yes Mathijs if I can help you it is with great pleasure of course contact me with pleasure

Congratulations to you I'm really happy for you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1