2 hours ago, djtripp20 said:

Any word on if the 319 will be getting climb performance updates?

We're working hard on it!  A lot of testing of changes on the A318-A321 being done as well.  Hang in there!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/4/2018 at 6:07 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

We're working hard on it!  A lot of testing of changes on the A318-A321 being done as well.  Hang in there!

Looking forward to it Dave

Blue skys

vor 21 Stunden , Miguel_V sagte:

I hope it is soon updating PDF manuals, and not be in a hurry.

On 5.12.2018 at 22:35, DaveCT2003 sagte:

Mathijs has been working on those was well!

Honestly, but why are the manuals that important? 

1 hour ago, Flying Paul said:

Although I honestly consider myself a non-expert in simulated flights, there are things that escape my knowledge, then I always turn to the manuals, which supposedly would have to be updated, and well explained and reviewed, by those who develop the Simulator and its applications. and thus avoid having to ask for help in the forum, and wait for someone to respond by giving a solution or explanation, which sometimes increases the doubt and others solves it.

4 hours ago, Flying Paul said:

I could give you many different examples, but I'll just say that we wrote the manuals to provide customers with instant answers instead of having to wait hours or days for answers in the forums.

Also, flight sim at this level is all about learning.  Most of our Airbus customers go on the Internet and find as much information as they can to learn more and more about the aircraft.  This is long been an integral part of flight simulation.

When customers ask questions which are covered in our documentation, we simply refer them to the documentation, which we wrote to impart our knowledge to as many people as possible.

I could go on and on and on.  Bottom line... even though flight simulation is what individuals make of it, at this level it always starts with the documentation.

Best wishes.

I could go on and on and on.  Bottom line... even though flight simulation is what individuals make of it, at this level it always starts with the documentation.

Well, imagine one that starts from scratch, if the manuals do not guide you correctly from the beginning, as it will end after time, I imagine tired.

1 minute ago, Miguel_V said:

Well, imagine one that starts from scratch, if the manuals do not guide you correctly from the beginning, as it will end after time, I imagine tired.

As I already stated, the manuals are being updated to reflect the CHANGES we made AFTER the initial release.  Many of these changes had to do with the Copilot and Checklist functions... which aren't needed after you're first few flights anyway.  Remember, the Copilot and Checklist is only for basic orientation.

Best wishes.

On 9.12.2018 at 20:28, DaveCT2003 sagte:

As I already stated, the manuals are being updated to reflect the CHANGES we made AFTER the initial release.  Many of these changes had to do with the Copilot and Checklist functions... which aren't needed after you're first few flights anyway.  Remember, the Copilot and Checklist is only for basic orientation.

Best wishes.

Alright, I get it. I assumed that most of the people would already know how an airbus works, because flight simulation is a niche market. And most of the people know how a plane works. Obviously every plane is different. But still thanks for your answer, Dave!

Can you give us in percentage how far the next update is already done? 

I'm basically hyped for each update.

Take your time and all the best

Flying Paul

1 hour ago, Flying Paul said:

Alright, I get it. I assumed that most of the people would already know how an airbus works, because flight simulation is a niche market. And most of the people know how a plane works. Obviously every plane is different. But still thanks for your answer, Dave!

Can you give us in percentage how far the next update is already done? 

I'm basically hyped for each update.

Take your time and all the best

Flying Paul

Hey Paul,

We've been providing experimental updates via the ASUpdater, and the team has been working on the next such update as well as on SP1.  Unfortunately I can't give you a date because of the complexities and different prioritized work items.  Mathijs has been doing an excellent job of keeping everyone updated, and I'm sure he'll let the community know as soon as the next update is ready.

Thanks so much for your question!

Best wishes my friend.

Archived