The Black panel once again

Apologies if I have not found the correct answer to this problem which seems to be rather common. I am running P3D V4.2. No problems so far, CRJ 700 was doing fine, great aircraft.  I have  now updated to version 1.0.5.0. And I am  getting the dreaded black panel (see picture). Checked the installation and it looks all right to me. Simconnect is installed. Re-installed the C++ Redistributable. Loaded default aircraft first, engine running, then loaded the CRJ7 - still no instrument working. Any further advice is highly appreciated. Or should I just re-install the whole thing? (Assuming that if I would download now I would get the most up to date version). Megathanks in advance!

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

OK. That's new to me. Did you uninstall the previous version (which one? 1.0.3?) before you installed 1.0.5? I would like to try the same order of installing/uninstalling here. May be I can reproduce the issue.

I did not uninstall 1.0.3 because the update I downloaded her contained only about 5 or 6 files which had to be placed in different folders according to the rather cursory instruction that came along with the update. Should I have downloded a completely new version of the program? If I reinstall the whole thing now, will the downloadable file be 1.0.5. ? Or which version is it now? 

• Developer
vor 56 Minuten, Mzee1 sagte:

I did not uninstall 1.0.3 because the update I downloaded her contained only about 5 or 6 files which had to be placed in different folders according to the rather cursory instruction that came along with the update. Should I have downloded a completely new version of the program? If I reinstall the whole thing now, will the downloadable file be 1.0.5. ? Or which version is it now? 

No, the small updates with manual installation is the 1.0.6 hotfix from the forum and it requires the full 1.0.5 to be installed first.

So, for now, please

• Uninstall what you have now
  • Download the 1.0.5 installer from your shop account and install it
  • Download the 1.0.6 hotfix from the forum post below and install that as well

Please also let me know if that fixes the issue.

Hi! I still have the same problem....I have desinstalled the 1.0.3 and re-purchased the new CRJ again to make sure that I have a new installation. I re-installed it along with the 1.0.6 and still have the black panel! However, I realized that if I go on a saved version on my E disk i can re-install the 1.0.3 version but not the 1.0.5... May be this could help you find the issue...it's look like something is corrupted there...

I proceeded as advised and everything seems to have worked out nicely. (Have not yet tried, but it looks good.) Uninstalled CRJ, re-downloaded the complete 1.0.5.0. file (Jean-Pierre: You don't have to repurchase, just go to your own account with aerosoft), updated with 1.0.6.0 - et voilà.

To me this means that it is not advosable to use the hotfix inorder to update from 1.0.3 to 1.0.5. Instead uninstall and re-download the 1.0.5.0 version.

THanks for the assistance, great help!

• Deputy Sheriffs

And that's why the hotifx page says this ;) 

THIS HOTFIX REQUIRES VERSION 1.0.5 TO BE INSTALLED FIRST!

• 2 weeks later...

So please check that You are using P3D 4.2 version.I had a same issue and it was some kind of P3D update problem.

Pls start flight with any aircraft.Open menu with ALT key and select HELP--->About Lockheed Martin Prepar3d.

Window thats popup will say what version of P3D u are using.Im sure its 4.1

Archived