Got stuck in the tutorial flight

Please excuse my stupid question, but I tried to do the tutorial flight today and after more than one hour I was setting up the VOR frequencies and it says in the tutorial on page 2-1-50 "Please set course 1 to 289". But how do I do this? I can't find out so I have to cancel the tutorial flight for now. Very frustrating. The tutorial is not very detailed in this aspect.

Can somebody give me a hint how to do this?

Thx.

That was my first idea too, however when I rotate the knob the blue VOR1 and magenta VOR2 indicator on the left PFD don't move.

How can I see which course is set? I activated the bearing pointers with the BEQ key so in the lower left corner of the PFD I see VOR1 and VOR2.

Ah..., okay. In my case the VOR1 is pointing to 215° and VOR2 is pointing to 240°. Where do these values come from? How can I change them?

Please login to display this image.

VOR  means "very high frequency omnidirectional radio range" It is a beacon that sends a signal out on every radial. The needle VOR1 is pointing towards that beacon. So, if you were to fly on a heading of 215 degrees, you would fly directly towards that beacon.

You tuned that beacon in on your nav 1 radio. Same with VOR2 it is pointing towards the beacon you tuned in on the NAV 2 radio.

Archived