Preview: Aerosoft Twin Otter

That would be a cool little mission... but if it took extra time and delayed the release... leave it out :twisted:

We can fly that on our own :wink:

Hehe I am starting to get impatient. I'm glad all the developers are going to be back at work soon. Lots of planes are going to be released in January 8)

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aerosoft
The model looks really nice. The winair livery on the other hand... Shame on the texture artist on that one! :lol: Purple? According to every single photo i have seen of Winair Twotters, the colour should be dark blue.

just my humble opinion of course. :wink:

That's why we call it shots from a Beta, lol

Been enjoying participating in the Twotter beta and with Mathis' permission I'm posting a couple of screenies of Models/Texture sets not yet shown... French Air Force Textures and Twotter on Floats.

2o1.jpg

2o2.jpg

2o3.jpg

2o4.jpg

• Aerosoft
Hey Mathjis do you know how much this bird is going to cost? I am just curious because my wallet is kind of thin right now and I really want to be able to afford her. :lol:

I think I am going to keep this one at 23 euro (about the same in $ if you don't pay EEC VAT). We'll do a small discount if you own Lukla X.

I think I am going to keep this one at 23 euro (about the same in $ if you don't pay EEC VAT). We'll do a small discount if you own Lukla X.

Thanks mathjis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makes me really happy to hear that! 8)

Those screenshots are phenomenal... especially those of the twotter w/floats.

Just makes me more excited :lol: :oops:

I agree with Kiwikat, lovely screenshots, especially the rust along and under the waterline.

I usually fly the long nose wheeled version but after seeing those pictures I'll definitely be flying the floater!

Also, if anyone is interested I'm basing my home cockpit on a Twin Otter and am designing some card faceplates for SimKits (or similar) servo driven instruments (ASI and VSI) for anyone to download and print out. Let me know and I'll upload them somewhere when they are done.

Can't wait for this one. Be patient, be patient..... :D

I realize I'm coming to the party late here, Mathijs, but let me know if you could use any input from a RL Twin Otter driver. I've got a couple thousand hours in them. Wonderful airplane that was always just a little more capable than me (and not all planes are).

Regardless, really looking forward to this release and trying her out on some short strips familiar to me. :D

cheers,

steve :)

Wonderful screen shots there !

I was wondering if you succeeded in having a steady aircraft on water with the engines running at iddel or if it was "skidding" like crazy as other turboprop floatplanes in FSX.

Anxious to play with this one...

I'm looking forward to the Twin Otter's release, does anyone know if this will also be released as a down-load or is it going to be boxed version only?

Thanks in advance.

Ron

Let's see...I see a HUGE number of great repaints in the future...I must confess to being a DHC-6-100 junkie. Here's what I plan to do:

- Cable Commuter

- Aero Commuter

- Golden West

- Royal Norwegian Air Force

"Git 'er done!"

Kent 8)

A while back you guys said something about access to the paint kit... I was wondering if I could get it. I would like to start on the NOAA livery 8)

The paint kit will keep me occupied until the release (hopefully its not too far off) and probably produce a few paints for the twotter.

The paint kit would be an awesome idea. I know what my first one would be

cirpas_twinotter.jpg

That thing buzzed me while I was racing across Monterey Bay! Lucky for me I race on a small sailboat but it was still about 100 feet off the water.

Then the NASA birds

0727923.jpg

fig123.jpg

Could you please make an removable yoke in this plane. The yoke in a vc cockpit is sometimes annoying because it blocking the view to some gauges when you need them. I wish I could remove it in the Beaver.

Any suggestions? The yoke in a vc cockpit is maybe nice to look at it but it no good for nothing.

Martin.