Preview: Aerosoft Twin Otter

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Mathjis,

Is Aerosoft Twin Otter equipped with the Bata Mode (reverse pitch) ?

I'm enjoying Lukla FS2004/FSX and hope so.

Sincerely,

Kan-ichiro Fushihara

I don´t know if I´m supposed to answer, but yes the Aerosoft Twotter will be simulating beta range and propeller reverse, even the beta range lights should work as in the real Twotter.

But beta and reverse is NOT the same. Reverse propeller blade pitch on the Twotter is from 0 to ÷15 degrees (reverse can also be regarded as part of the beta range), where beta range is from 0 to +17 degrees. Normal flight range is from +17 to +87 degrees. From +87 to 90 degrees You are in feathered position.

As a beta tester I have tried landing at Lukla with the Twotter and it is perfectly possible, allthough a lot of practice has to be done if You don´t wan´t to smash it into the stone wall :-D.

Wothan

Dear Wothan,

Thank you very much for your kind instruction, I understand.

I'm looking forward to release the Twotter.

Sincerely,

Kan-ichiro Fushiharas

...on normal wheels (non-tundra) with the airstair door. This is the most numerous configuration, and will lend itself to a HUGE number of repaints. I see the screen shots of the wheeled -100, but it looks to only have a cargo door on the rear left. Is there a plan to include a stock -100 with airstair?

Can't wait for this bird!

Kent 8)

Kent,

I have completed two RNoAF paint jobs for the -100 and have requested a config. with fwd cargo door with integrated air-stair plus numerous antenna changes.

Now I'm working on a CC-138 floater.

Best

And you can expect my two Trans Maldivian (float and wheel) plus the pretty Air Seychelles scheme as well. If you eager enthusiasts check out airliners net, you'll see almost 2300 Twotter photos. The two most populars I can see so far are the standard wheel 300 and the floaty 100. This plane could join the DO27, the default Mustang and the Eagle (of course the Eagle) as being my favourite painter planes

There's a few para droppers around and a lot fewer (bad grammar I know) amphibians. But from the public released screenies we have had the pleasure to see so far, this is going to an exciting plane to own - whether your a GA / low level / aerobat flyer who likes to be in amongst the scenery (more me) or a high flying "Tube" flyer. I remember having a great amount of fun with the Lago version and am expectantly looking forward to the public release of this one.

From what I have seen so far, this is going to be one highly paintable plane in the long run. We are in for a treat!

...because the RNoAF machines are ones that I absolutely want (with the Aerosoft Twotter and F-16, coupled with another manufacturer's C-130, we'll go a LONG way towards simulating the Norwegian Air Force in FSX!).

However, I'm also going to want to do a paint of this:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0736039

So, bring on the -100s!

Thanks,

Kent 8)

Why that particular skin and not one of the other Golden west paints? Any particular reason?

Because you are after this on the tail, perhaps?

GWlogo.jpg

Consider it a distinct possibility and don't you mind the colours just yet...

Chris,

Well, thats part of it...but I honestly like the gold and red colors the most (plus they were the colors back in the heyday of the airline when I was a kid in Orange County, California growing up). Another 1967 airline I plan to do is "Cable Commuter", a company that called the Twotter the "Cable Jet". Here is their paint scheme with Golden West names painted on it:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0912559/L/

The Twotter in FSX is bound to be AWESOME-- if it ever gets released!

Keep up the great work Aerosoft...can't wait!

Kent

Hi Ben, the "skins" are from the talented artists working on the Twotter and to my knowledge will be included in the package. Skies and water are from FEX and the snow came from 5 mins in Photoshop :wink:

Not sure if this has already been asked, but is there going to be a dirty, slightly beat-up skin? That would be great, especially if it matched a beat-up interior/vc.

Does anyone know? Can't wait for the release ...

Can someone post some more screenshots or something :P

Nice pics chaps. Does anyone have a screenie of the vc at night with the instrument lights on - looking forward to seeing that. Thanks.

Skies and water are from FEX

woops, sorry nick, always working on my english you know :oops:

I was asking snow ski :D

If I understand correctly, there will be wheels, snow ski and water floats, is it correct? (so really cool if it is :D)

Will the FSX Otter work okay with FSX SP2 Acceleration?

I notice on the Product Details page of the available aircraft it states:

"System requirements:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP1)"

The Piper Cheyenne (which I should have by early next week) product details states:

"System requirements:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2)"

I'm guessing there's a reason, or a typo maybe?

Hi FlighT,

as I can tell you from the Beta the Twotter runs fine with Accel/SP2 so it looks more like the product page isn't updated yet. Same for the Cheyenne. Flying brilliant with Accel/SP2. Only the Do27 lost all it's textures with DX10 preview but in VC view it's ok.

Hope that helps a little

Thorsten

Yes it does. I've been having a blast with the Beaver since I finally got my 2 year old box setup right and running pretty smooth with FSX with sliders right 75% or more. So I'm looking forward to the Cheyenne and Otter (I've got to DL Lukla too!). Life is good.

The best part is, my second box (5 year old P4) finally died on me last weekend. Now I've got a good excuse to look into replacing it with one of the new Quad cores and the next issue of GPU's due out over the next month or so. :)

woops, sorry nick, always working on my english you know :oops:

I was asking snow ski :D

If I understand correctly, there will be wheels, snow ski and water floats, is it correct? (so really cool if it is :D)

Hi Ben, don't worry my English is poor at the best of times!

Don't forget this version...

aero_twotter_25.jpg :wink:

I'd also like to state for the record that I run Acceleration 100% of the time.