Preview: Aerosoft Twin Otter

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Request :

Would it be possible to include one version that is a little "dirty" / "weathered" ? A few scratches, color coming off, some rust ...

All of Aerosoft's planes are great models, but they are all "new", if you take my meaning ...

Thanks! :)

• Aerosoft
Request :

Would it be possible to include one version that is a little "dirty" / "weathered" ? A few scratches, color coming off, some rust ...

All of Aerosoft's planes are great models, but they are all "new", if you take my meaning ...

Thanks! :)

Yes, this is a lot easier for the FSX version.

And FSx only works for me, cant wait to add this to my hanger. Given i mostly fly for VA's based in Alaska, or BC it will be a treat to have. One suggestion though since I tend to buy Boxed versions. Include the paintkit on the Cd for it please as that is what typically draws a lot of pilots attn on places like AVSIM and such is the ability to find repaints for a plane. And without the paintkit its impossable to create them, so just a suggestion

David

• Aerosoft
And FSx only works for me, cant wait to add this to my hanger. Given i mostly fly for VA's based in Alaska, or BC it will be a treat to have. One suggestion though since I tend to buy Boxed versions. Include the paintkit on the Cd for it please as that is what typically draws a lot of pilots attn on places like AVSIM and such is the ability to find repaints for a plane. And without the paintkit its impossable to create them, so just a suggestion

David

I just made a note about that, good tip.

OH YESS!!!! I like this plane! I think I´ll have to upgrade my PC until this bird arrives. At the moment, FSX isn´t really fun to fly for me.

Can´t wait to see some pictures of the float version.

I just purchased your Beaver and I love flying it. And to come here and discover aerosoft decided to make a Twin Otter, now that just made my day!!! It looks awesome by the way, keep up the good work. Now we just need a Dash 7 to round out the de Havilland Canada set lol

Sorry FSX only. FS2004 simply is not able to handle the amount of polygons and vertices in these aircraft.

Lago do a good FS9 version of the Twin Otter, Will be buying the Aerosoft version for sure when I get FSX working properly, looks awesome!

Any thoughts about doing a Dash-7 and Dash-8?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guy's, been a month since the last pictures on this thread, was wondering if there was anything updated. Really looking forward to this one.

Edit: Also wondering if you were planning on implementing the new "Cockpit Self Shadowing" available on SP2?

Cheers,

• Aerosoft
Guy's, been a month since the last pictures on this thread, was wondering if there was anything updated. Really looking forward to this one.

Edit: Also wondering if you were planning on implementing the new "Cockpit Self Shadowing" available on SP2?

Cheers,

I'll get new images later this week.

Not sure on the SP2 feature, it's a bit tricky at this moment, not only because it adds a lot of polygons to the VC, dragging down framerates for people who are not running high end graphics cards and DX10.

:shock: that looks great!! I like this bird! Can´t wait to fly the float version around the Maledives and the wheel version in Northern Germany or Canada!

Keep up your great work! Thank you for these update pictures!

• Aerosoft
Will this bird support cockpit sharing via multiplayer as the default aircrafts in FSX do ?

Freddy

In principle, yes. But it one of the most buggy functions of FSX so I do not promise full support. We do fall back to published SDK standards for all gauge variables so that should not be a problem.

Hi!

Thx for your quick reply. Sounds great!.

If you need any help rgd betatesting, please dont hesitate to contact me. Email is in my profile.

For reference, have betatested for PSS (Dash8). Majestic Software (Dash8). Hifisim (Activesky 6), + several scenery and scenery tools.

Rgds

Freddy

• Aerosoft
Hi!

Thx for your quick reply. Sounds great!.

If you need any help rgd betatesting, please dont hesitate to contact me. Email is in my profile.

For reference, have betatested for PSS (Dash8). Majestic Software (Dash8). Hifisim (Activesky 6), + several scenery and scenery tools.

Rgds

Freddy

But you are not involved in any commercial work other than beta testing?