Simbrief Support

Hightower

I just bought a years subscription of navdatapro and the charts and it seems I made a mistake because it doesnt support simbrief to my surprise and dismay. Previous threads ask the question and then suddenly locked to further replies with no answer. Is there any particular reason why simbrief is excluded from providing airac data?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you mean by "doesn't support simbrief"? NavDataPro charts is a standalone app that you use for viewing charts. Whatever flightplanner you use is irrelevant.

Unless I've misunderstood your question.

8 hours ago, nealmac said:

What do you mean by "doesn't support simbrief"? NavDataPro charts is a standalone app that you use for viewing charts. Whatever flightplanner you use is irrelevant.

Unless I've misunderstood your question.

Navdatapro is the AIRAC data. Whats not to understand? I just mentioned that I got the whole package of AIRAC data and the charts bundle. Simbrief only supports Navigraph AIRAC updating.

I just had a talk with Simbrief. According to him, it seems Aerosoft has not expressed any interest in Simbrief. Not even any discussions. On the flip side, Navigraph has been eager to always facilitate what is needed to support them. In this case a simple access code to unlock it. Seems to me that it would equate to a good number of potential customers for navdata pro deciding Navigraph instead for that reason. I can tell you for sure that if I had been a little more astute in checking what navdata pro supports or lack thereof,  I would have definitly gone to Navigraph again.

I use PFPX too, but simbrief is a nice alternative and its quicker.

Whoever at AS makes these decisions, I hope its reconsidered.

• Aerosoft

In fact we have not shown interest in any other product, normally others contact us to see what is needed. We simply would not have a list of all add-ons that might use the database. And to be totally honest, and without any intention, I did not even know of simbrief.   

If Simbrief wants NavDataPro to support them we'll gladly assist them. 

32 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

In fact we have not shown interest in any other product, normally others contact us to see what is needed. We simply would not have a list of all add-ons that might use the database. And to be totally honest, and without any intention, I did not even know of simbrief.   

If Simbrief wants NavDataPro to support them we'll gladly assist them. 

Thats great to hear Mathijs.  Would be nice to see some open dialogue happen to resolve this.  Thank you!

I switched to NavDataPro from Navigraph ( I had been a subscriber for 10 years) because Navigraph didn't support Pilot2ATC. The only thing that I miss is Simbrief support. I own PFPX but every once in a while I like to use Simbrief. It would be nice if both parties could make this happen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2016 at 10:12 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

It is quite good. PFPX is arguably better overall, only it isn't cross-platform :)

There is quite a few who use simbrief. Live streamers often use it. Many others who dont wish to use the complexity of PFPX.  Its rather good, and gets the job done. When I want more comprehensive and detailed flightplan I will use PFPX, but for a shorter run I will use simbrief.

Simbrief is my preferred flightplanner and so is NavDataPro for AIRAC data, it would be fantastic if the nav data could be used with simbrief.

• 4 months later...

Sorry to bring back this old topic. Even though the thread advises "This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one." I decided against it to keep the history.  

Dont want to be nagging, but would like to know what is happening if anything with simbrief updating. I really dont understand why this is not supported when other countless addons are.  If you run through the different threads of late, simbrief is mentioned quite a bit. I used to use PFPX but found updating to accurate aircraft profiles quite cumbersome. Simbrief is my goto flight planner yet the only way to update its AIRAC for some reason is thru Navigraph. As mentioned earlier, I have the full combo subscription of charts and navdata pro as im sure many others do, yet we are stuck in this predicament of non synced AIRAC data from the flight planner and current FMS data. Please push this thru to make it happen, otherwise a statement that says we will not pursue and support simbrief would be appreciated. Then I will have to make a switch when able. 

Ive sent a similar plea to simbrief for cooperation and support from Aerosoft. Seems like they are at odds for whatever reason. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2017 at 3:44 AM, bsal said:

Anyone at aerosoft care to update us on the situation?

It appears its a no go as theres been no comment from 2 weeks ago. Guess we have to switch to Navigraph to get it updated. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello,

Has there been any update on this? Is this something that Aerosoft can make happen?

This is what the dev from Simbrief has to say about Simbrief and Navdata integration.

" Because the SimBrief system exists on a webserver, you can't install navdata the same way you would with other addons. You can't download a file and copy/paste it into the program as it doesn't exist on your computer. Instead, the AIRAC is pre-installed onto the SimBrief server. Then, Navigraph provides it's customers with an access code which they can enter into their SimBrief profile to prove they have purchased the AIRAC cycle in question. If the access code is valid, the AIRAC is unlocked for use on the SimBrief account.

Navdata Pro has no such access code system, without one it would be impossible to verify which users have actually bought the AIRAC before unlocking it for them. I believe users have already requested this feature several times on the aerosoft forums but with no luck as of yet. Navigraph has had this system in place for years and uses it for several other websites as well as an iPhone/iPad app I believe. "

• 4 weeks later...
On 19.10.2019 at 21:11, Mathijs Kok sagte:

I know, I just have no news on this.

Isn't that a somewhat simple answer for quite some time? Your Project Manager has been informed about the requirements long time ago even by me personally), but nothing has happened ever since. As SimBrief has become a widely accepted Planning Utility for the community, it cannot be that Aerosoft's NavDataPro is deliberately kept away from using it within SimBrief. I understand that this is a protective measure for Aerosoft's PFPX, but we are living in a world of diversification, aren't we?

Unfortunately I will have to buy a Navigraph subscription, although I don't like the Jeppesen charts at all. But when all the virtual airlines I fly are adjusting their sites to create a SimBrief flight plan, I can't continue with Aerosoft, paying for NavDataPro for one and a half years outdated flight plans (AIRAC 1803), it can not be! 

vor 8 Stunden , lonewulf47 sagte:

Isn't that a somewhat simple answer for quite some time? Your Project Manager has been informed about the requirements long time ago even by me personally), but nothing has happened ever since. As SimBrief has become a widely accepted Planning Utility for the community, it cannot be that Aerosoft's NavDataPro is deliberately kept away from using it within SimBrief. I understand that this is a protective measure for Aerosoft's PFPX, but we are living in a world of diversification, aren't we?

Well, it is time for Aerosoft to reconsider... Now, that Navigraph canceled their "FMS Data only" Subscription and forced all customers to the highly-priced "ultimate subscription" (wich is around 3-4 times more expensive) it might be that customers switch over to Aerosoft. As mentioned above SimBrief has become very popular throughout the community because it easy to use and supports various Flightplan-formats for the different Sims and Aircraft. The mentioned "protective measure" for their PFPX is so old school. Nowadays we have different Sims on the Market and even virtual Pilots on Mac become more and more and running X-Plane (wich is cross-platform as you all know). So it might be a good (and clever) idea to open up their support for other Planning-tools and other Sims on various OS-es.

7 hours ago, HAM001 said:

So it might be a good (and clever) idea to open up their support for other Planning-tools and other Sims on various OS-es.

Exactly, this might be a case where the smart decision is one where Aerosoft decides to drive the discussion rather than waiting on the various developers to come to them. 

After all, I'm sure that many of us went with Navigraph because NavDataPro didn't support an aircraft or application that we owned. 

I completely agree.

I will switch over from navigraph to navdata pro due to their commercial decision.

It would be very helpful if simbrief would besupported.

Gert

Archived