Windows 10 Iinternet browser text Airbus 1.3.1

stickmanbrad

Hi Guys,

So I have installed the airbus all fine. And it works beautifully. Although what I have a problem with is my text. I went on my internet browser and now my text doesn't look the same. It's all messed up. I think this has come up before in the forums but I wasn't sure on a solution. Yes i'm running windows 10. This just happened after installing 1.3.1.

Please login to display this image.

Hope you can help,

Many thanks

Bradley Russell

• Deputy Sheriffs

In what order have you installed the buses?

The 1.30 had this problem with faulty fonts. You wrote that you have both packages, the A318/A319 and A320/A321.

I recommend to install the the A320/A321 again as it comes with fixed fonts. And don't forget to reboot afterwards.

The only aircraft installed was the a320/21 as that's the only one supported on v3 currently. I installed it and it rebooted. I had to remove the fonts manually to get it back working properly. So i'm now going to try and reinstall airbus. But it doesn't look like it's working at the moment.

One of these text files below is not working well with my applications. So i'm not sure what to do.

Many thanks

brad

14 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

In what order have you installed the buses?

The 1.30 had this problem with faulty fonts. You wrote that you have both packages, the A318/A319 and A320/A321.

I recommend to install the the A320/A321 again as it comes with fixed fonts. And don't forget to reboot afterwards.

Hi Tom,

Just to confirm that it's still got this weird text thing. After installing the airbus again and restarting the fonts they are back in {control panel > Appearance and Personalisation > Fonts}. And I have the weird text issue again. Any ideas?

Many thanks

Brad

Hi,

the same happened here after the installation of version 1.31 on a "clean" Win10-P3D-System....

Then I tried to install the corrected .ttf from this forum- still no success!  

How can I repair my system?

Thank you very much!

Lars

2 minutes ago, LarsA said:

Hi,

the same happened here after the installation of version 1.31 on a "clean" Win10-P3D-System....

Then I tried to install the corrected .ttf from this forum- still no success!  

How can I repair my system?

Thank you very much!

Lars

Where is this corrected .ttf? on the forum and remember to restart and probably have to replace it in font in windows aswell

6 minutes ago, LarsA said:

Okay so I found a post earlier so I thought I would just try this. I do not know what this does nore do I know if this is a solution. That will be for aerosoft to judge. I went to the following folder C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\FontCache then the document "~FontCache-System.dat" I removed that file from the folder. I would recommend just backing up that file before experimenting with this until this is a confirmed to work from experts. As I am not one. And I take NO responsibility for you touching these files and what damage could occur. I'm just saying what I've done.  I Then restart my computer this actually made the file regenerate I guess but now my text is back to normal.

Avsim staff by me removing this file and regenerating it over restart is this safe? This seemed to fix the internet browser

Many thanks

Bradley

Just now, mopperle said:

Sorry guys, but for some reason the correct font didn't make it into the installer.

Ah no worries. Would you be able to send us the correct font or will you need to completely redo installer?

I'm not actually sure if what I've done is safe. I can only hope so..

Brad

I had the exact same issue but it wasn't caused by the Airbus. I started noticing that Microsoft Edge, Steam and Google Chrome displayed fonts differently. I figured out what was causing the issue. For me it was something called "Driectwrite". I had to disable this in Chrome and Steam to get the font's to return to normal however Edge is still buggy like yours shown above.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Did some tests in the last hour and found that only this fu...ng Edge is affected. No problem with IE and Firefox under Windows 10. Only Application based on the rendering engine of Edge are effected:

1. Browse to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\FontCache

2. Delete "~FontCache-System.dat" if Windows complains it can't delete it because it is in use, just rename it to .old or .bak

3. Reboot (and then delete the .bak if you want to)

Windows Edge & Steam Fonts fixed.

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 minutes ago, S_D said:

Gah. Just also confirming the same for me. Win 10, only A320/1 installed. Steam etc fonts 'broken'. Thanks :)

Have you tried what was suggested just one post above yours?

I confess that I haven't because it wasn't posted by an Aerosoft guy and I didn't want to risk unintended consequences on the Airbus installation. If it's 'officially sanctioned' I will do it, however.

OK I have removed the file and rebooted. Edge is now working correctly, but please note that I haven't run up P3D again yet (bedtime!) nor checked other browsers such as IE or Chrome. I will do so in the morning.

TIA

Simon

Rather than advising customers to perform a hack in the Windows directory (never a good idea!!), would it not be more prudent to advise that Aerosoft will issue a fix for this issue imminently, particularly as it seems it was simply caused by the fact that "for some reason the correct font didn't make it into the installer"?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Dear solentflyer,

of course AS will provide a fix for this problem. But that takes some time. If there are customers around who don't want to wait so long, they can try that fix (as it has worked for many users, not only yesterday and today, but it has also already proven to work months ago after the release of 1.30).

Thanks Tom.

However, I can confirm that the solution offered does not fix the problem with the fonts being corrupted in Aivlasoft EFB.

I will now wait for the official fix from Aerosoft.

Best regards,

Dennis

• Deputy Sheriffs

just checked it on my Windows 10 machine and could not found any issue so far. If you see something different please report. In case you use FSX:SE please come back as it needs a special prcedure to replace the font.

Archived