Forum Maintenance Period (08/05/24) ×

LIRF FSX simulator pauses

yakyak

Hi all, I'm using the new LIRF for FSX and occasionally when loading up at the airport the simulator begins in a paused state with the accompanying text in red at the bottom left hand corner. Additionally, when flying a circuit I also get intermittent "slight stutters" with a loss of sound and a flashing of the pause notification in the bottom left of the screen. The pause on loading only happens occasionally, while the "slight stutters" happen regularly. It appears to be tied to this SODE implementation as it does not happen if I disable SODE in the exe.xml file. It also only happens at LIRF. Can anyone shed some light on this for me please. Thanks in advance. Nick

Nick, I am afraid the micro-pauses / stutters / soundbreaks are the side effect of using SODE as it is for today.

I experience the same approaching EPWA, where SODE is also used, so looks like this is not directly related to the scenery itself.

As for the red text - I have no idea. What does it say?

Hi Rafal and thanks very much for the reply. It says "simulator paused. - press P to continue." Just as if you were pressing the "P" key on the keyboard. Very strange that this doesn't happen at ULLI, HTKJ or EETN which also use SODE, although not in the same way. Any further thoughts? Nick

Thanks for the reply, that was the first thing I looked at. It's definitely unchecked.

Interestingly, I can force this behavior (stuttering audio and the pause text momentarily appearing at he bottom left of the screen) by using the "reload all" command in the SODE selection from the add-on drop down menu. Nick

Hi all, I'm using the new LIRF for FSX and occasionally when loading up at the airport the simulator begins in a paused state with the accompanying text in red at the bottom left hand corner. Additionally, when flying a circuit I also get intermittent "slight stutters" with a loss of sound and a flashing of the pause notification in the bottom left of the screen. The pause on loading only happens occasionally, while the "slight stutters" happen regularly. It appears to be tied to this SODE implementation as it does not happen if I disable SODE in the exe.xml file. It also only happens at LIRF. Can anyone shed some light on this for me please. Thanks in advance. Nick

Hi,

This happens to me, in landing or takeoff.

Below is a report generated by the client of my VA, where we see that the simulator went on break for a while.

[14:51] - Airbus X A320 Alitalia EI-EIB
[14:51] - Flight AZ1590 is ready to depart LIEE with a final destination of LIRF.
[14:51] - Parking Brake Applied
[14:51] - Boarding
[14:54] - Spoilers ON 16ft, hdg 312 and 4kts
[14:54] - Spoilers OFF 16ft, hdg 312 and 4kts
[15:16] - Parking Brake Released
[15:16] - Parking Brake Applied
[15:17] - Parking Brake Released
[15:19] - Flaps to position 2
[15:19] - Parking Brake Applied
[15:19] - Parking Brake Released
[15:19] - Parking Brake Applied
[15:20] - Parking Brake Released
[15:22] - Taxiing to Runway
[15:26] - Taking Off with 165 passengers on board
[15:27] - Take off at 167kts, with a pitch of 8deg and 5473kgs of fuel on board
[15:27] - Wind Heading 330 | Wind Speed 4kts | Temperature 16 deg C
[15:27] - Climbing to TOC
[15:27] - Gear up at 928AGL
[15:28] - Flaps to position 0 at 2051ft and 209kts
[15:41] - TOC reached
[15:41] - Cruise started
[15:49] - Spoilers ON 29711ft, hdg 34 and 276kts
[15:50] - TOD reached
[15:50] - Descending to destination
[15:51] - Spoilers OFF 24859ft, hdg 32 and 270kts
[15:54] - Spoilers ON 18202ft, hdg 36 and 274kts
[15:54] - Spoilers OFF 17595ft, hdg 35 and 271kts
[15:55] - Spoilers ON 16371ft, hdg 37 and 263kts
[15:58] - Spoilers OFF 10791ft, hdg 99 and 230kts
[16:00] - Flaps to position 1 at 8547ft and 243kts
[16:04] - Landing Shortly
[16:05] - Simulator Paused
[16:05] - Simulator Un-Paused

[16:06] - Gear down at 2467AGL
[16:06] - Simulator Paused
[16:06] - Simulator Un-Paused

[16:06] - Flaps to position 3 at 2113ft and 200kts
[16:07] - Spoilers ON 1992ft, hdg 342 and 190kts
[16:07] - Flaps to position 4 at 1877ft and 179kts
[16:07] - Flaps to position 5 at 1772ft and 168kts
[16:07] - Spoilers OFF 1722ft, hdg 341 and 164kts
[16:09] - Landed at 137 kias, at -126fpm. With 3513kgs of fuel onboard and a pitch angle of 5deg.
[16:09] - Wind Heading 91 | Wind Speed 4kts | Temperature 13 deg C
[16:09] - Spoilers ON 17ft, hdg 342 and 137kts
[16:10] - Taxiing to Gate
[16:10] - Flaps to position 0
[16:18] - Spoilers OFF 13ft, hdg 160 and 3kts
[16:18] - Spoilers ON 13ft, hdg 160 and 3kts
[16:18] - Spoilers OFF 13ft, hdg 160 and 3kts
[16:26] - Parking Brake Applied
[16:26] - Arrived safely at LIRF. We hope you enjoyed your flight!
[16:26] - Airbus X A320 Alitalia EI-EIB
[16:26] - MaxSim Rate: 1x
[16:26] - ver 1.0.1.8

Any suggestion?

Salvo

Hi Patrick. You need to find the exe.xml file and locate the block of text that refers to SODE. Go to the line of text with "disabled" in it and change "false" to "true". As always, make a backup prior to editing, just to be on the safe side.

Grateful for any other thoughts on a solution. Nick

First i do not own this airport but, i was thinking:

If you activate the airport with AES credits do you still need a program like SODE??

And why do airport scenery builders use this program if this give you such problems?

Robert

• Deputy Sheriffs

And why do airport scenery builders use this program if this give you such problems?

From one or two problem reports I would hardly derive the conclusion that "it gives you such problems". For me it works fine, and for many others as well.

SODE works on all platforms (FSX, FSX:SE, P3D v2, P3D v3). In my eyes that's a very good reason to implement it.

Thanks for all that. I'll continue to disable SODE for this scenery. In my opinion, the way moving jetways are implemented does little or nothing for the immersion anyway.

Please feel free to close this topic.

• Verified Developer

Hi, 

I am the developer of SODE. The pause command issue is known. Here is a post of me written in September in an other forum:

Hi all, 

This pause command sent by sode is a ugly workaround I had to use to have the jetways behave properly. You must know that providing a jetway engine with the limited simconnect api involves lots of trickery (that's why there isn't anything comparable around, except aes which uses hacks involving dlls). 
I hoped that those pauses are quick enough, apparently they aren't. I hope to come up with an other, better, pause-free solution and I have already an idea in my mind. I hope it is doable with the fsx sdk. 
If not, I guess i'll have to have this pausing to be configurable in the ini file.. 

Regards

In the meanwhile, I was able to find a way within the limitations of the SDK to control the jetways without having to use the pause-command workaround. The new control system will be included in the next SODE version: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/latest-news-v1-3-in-the-works.430590/#post-723772

Thank you for your understanding.

P.S.

The pause commands are only needed for the jetways. Another way to get rid of them is to deactivate the xml file that holds the jetways. As I don't possess the LIRF scenery I can only assume here: In the folder SODE/xml there might be a file called something like LIRF_Jetways.xml or similar. If you rename to LIRF_Jetways.xml.off or move the file to some temp folder, SODE won't load the jetways. But of course, you can still deactivate SODE via exe.xml as described in some post above.

• 1 month later...

Went round to a mates house to watch a  flight for Ryanair and I could not believe what I was seeing, if you want to put new tech into a airport then can you please warn people that it will cause really bad sim pauses and also make a con fig option to remove/disable it.

Look at this 15:15:16 and the great big list....I though he sim was crashing or needed looking at big time

Please login to display this image.

This is an old post but you still have done nothing to fix it. Unless we edit the above, that really should not be the case. 

On 15/10/2015, 12:48:37, Tom A320 said:

From one or two problem reports I would hardly derive the conclusion that "it gives you such problems". For me it works fine, and for many others as well.

SODE works on all platforms (FSX, FSX:SE, P3D v2, P3D v3). In my eyes that's a very good reason to implement it.

In my eyes that's a very good reason to not implement it if you make a sim behaving like that. A more fitting name for SODE would be a SOD

Well I truly believe if people cannot feel/hear and see the pauses then I suggest you need more Beta testers.

Poor and what for? gates, really? Shame as the airport looks very nice I for one will need to know up front if this comes with an airport.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Nyxx, so there you are again, charming as always ;) 

What is wrong in implementing a new promising technology in to a product? Yes, it's new. Yes there are obviously still problems in it. Yes, some users might be affected by them. Yes, others may not.

You are a seasoned simmer, you are active in many forums, you follow the news in our niche hobby. So you know that SODE is new and by taking a look into the LIRF manual you see that it is used there.

You know quite well where to find the DLL.XML file and how to deactivate SODE in there if you don't like it (as you describe the DLL.XML in detail in your PMDG 777NG guide).

And on a personal note as you linked me to your beta tester comment: assuming that I am not able to figure pauses is at best a wild guess, if not an insult. So please mind your words.

PS: please have a look here:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/latest-news-v1-3-in-the-works.430590/#post-723772

SODE is improving and the pause problem will be history soon...

PPS: you have modified your original post so that it is not personally insulting anymore. Thank you for that.

Hi Tom,

Nothing wrong in new tech, it's what pushers thing onwards, it's just the fact that in this case its so easy to see and it amazes me and am pretty sure you must have seen it as a tester, I just don't understand why you cannot forewarn people before they buy it. Add a remove option into the config like the HD textures etc. 

Yes your right Tom am a seasoned simmer and active simmer on most forums. If you look me up more you will see I do or try to help share a lot to help other simmers out. But I also speak my mind on forums and in IRL. I know my way round files but my friend has no idea how do to that or even were to find them files. Even I had Know Idea the airport was to blame and frankly I was amazed to find it was.

Aerosoft is a huge name in the sim world, A respected name. I bought Split on release and that came with new tech...well...that needed a lot more work did it not? is it 1.4 now? and SODE is the same. Sorry I just expect better from a company like Aerosoft. 

With all due respect 95% of what Aerosoft  does is good work even give that a lot of that is not done in house. But its your name on the cover. 

All am saying is I would hope you could think about adding tools to remove new tech if people are having problems with them, more importantly warning people that if you find your sim jerking/pausing on its own the reason why and how to fix it. Unlike my mate who thought it was his sim and like me never thought it was an airport making all the pauses happen. It was only because the pausing stop when well away from the airport did I even think of goggling "pausing at aerosoft rome". I really did not expect a hit.

I hope you can see that point? 

All the best

Dave.

• 2 months later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs
1 minute ago, dead reckoning said:

Will all Aerosoft add-ons include this SODE feature from now on?

I think this topic will answer your question:

Archived