Mega Airport Helsinki X - crashing & missing buildings

Okay but FSX is a 32 bit app and runs in the 32 bit memory space. And in your case you simply do not have enough for what you are asking it to do. This could be because you do not have a lot of memory available (having many 32 bit apps loaded) or you have some settings in FSX that causes problems or some add-ons that east up way too much memory. I know of some that simply reserve 1 gb of memory without even using it! We have seen the same with many other projects. US Cities X where the sheer number of objects causes some systems to overload. Manhattan X that is very hard to run with a lot of car traffic (that is VERY memory intensive).

I'm not sure I also tested with only FSX running.This is basically the only addon I have the crashes fsx in a matter of 2 minutes every single time.I do not have a very slow machine I thought my specs were good enough.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft

I'm not sure I also tested with only FSX running.This is basically the only addon I have the crashes fsx in a matter of 2 minutes every single time.I do not have a very slow machine I thought my specs were good enough.

I think so too. But we are 100% sure this will not crash FSX if you got a clean FSX and just this add-on (and of course that all we can basically promise). It has to be something that is special on your system in combination with this product that cause this issue. I would try to rename your FSX.cfg and let FSX build a new one to see if that helps.

I think so too. But we are 100% sure this will not crash FSX if you got a clean FSX and just this add-on (and of course that all we can basically promise). It has to be something that is special on your system in combination with this product that cause this issue. I would try to rename your FSX.cfg and let FSX build a new one to see if that helps.

renaming fsx.cfg and letting fsx rebuild a fresh one is the first thing I have done. There are others that have the same issue as me.I don't think there is something on my systems (famous last words?).

I reduced the size of pixel from 2048*2048 to 1024*1024px, this gives me ~1GB of memory back...

There are to much files with a size of 2048*2048 (~180 files * 5,33MB = 959,4MB)

I just did ESSA-EFHK in my pmdg ngx with ezdoc camera. Using Megaairport Stockholm, UT2 and Opus for the weather. No problems at all, works really well :)

Thank you Mathijs and the rest of the AS team for a really good product.

Sorry for OT

NAX1093m, did it work for you out of the box or did you try some tweaks ? I take it you did not get ooms.

I just installed it, nothing more. the only tweak I have done is Bojote´s tweaking and tuning.

which I did a few months ago. No ooms for me.

I made a successful landing but don't see any AI. Infinitymask 14, BP1 - it is a bitter heavy on the fps...but my settings are fairly high and I used airbus x current for this inaugural flight.

• Aerosoft

Im too have OOM in FSX. System: I5 2500K@4.6 GTX670, 8GB RAM, Win7x64. Here is screenshot of process manager, after loading on gate 123 in NGX: EjZm8OTO.jpg

Yes that is too much memory, it will crash for sure at 3,2. You have to either scale down the memory use of the scenery or the aircraft. The NGX uses a huge amount of memory and that makes it very hard for scenery designers. Internally the scenery developers and aircraft developers always fight over memory, but they both know they can not take all they like. Both parties have to make room for others. But using products like the NGX can mean you can not have scenery that is memory intensive. It all depends on the settings.

FYI, I installed in using the P3D option,but the scenery reported to activate it in big red letters.

To resolve this,I installed again using the FSX option - reason: I was using the fsx registry tool to install add-ons to P3D.

Just in case other customers' come across this.

I reduced the size of pixel from 2048*2048 to 1024*1024px, this gives me ~1GB of memory back...

There are to much files with a size of 2048*2048 (~180 files * 5,33MB = 959,4MB)

Well, 180 files, ok.

At same time time......well, that's another story.

Maybe you should count and see how many of those textures are season's and night and day textures, then you can start count.

Nice scenery, btw.

Stein-Ove

• Developer

Guys,

There is now an optional update you can download from the "updates" page, that should help with out of memory error. Please keep in mind this update is optional as not everyone is having this problem, so if everything's working fine for you, you don't need to update.

Guys,

There is now an optional update you can download from the "updates" page, that should help with out of memory error. Please keep in mind this update is optional as not everyone is having this problem, so if everything's working fine for you, you don't need to update.

Thanks Anttii! I was having the problem too and will give it a try tonight.

Reguerio,I'm not sure I'm seeing things but what i did was i launched the tweaking tool and unticked everything and left ticked only: baggage carts,landside scenery,3d taxilights,trees and using addon mesh and now no more crashes.Oh yes I forgot that i removed EZKA too .I'm now using only opus camera. I tested only with the realair lancair. I need to test more.

This scenery has to be the best I have seen yet !

Guys,

Well that's a huge difference of 700 mb less in memory :-)

Thanks for downsizing the textures to FSX default of 1024*1024

Great work love the scenery...

In general the one that invented larger textures as default size of 1024*1024 as Aces on purpose meant for FSX should be banned form the internet lol

Why, because it looks great but it throws most system out of balance even high end systems, only high end systems

with 1.5gb or more memory for the GPU can manage the load barely ;-)

Tweaks like larger lod ranges and extremely large textures sizes of 2048*2048 and 4096 * 4096 adds too the total count

of memory and throws most systems in an OOM state and leaves the user behind with no clue at all...

With complex aircraft and airports and photo real scenery / mesh it should all be in balance that's why I prefer 1024*1024 and have best of both worlds....

Hence running myself as a dev highend system on 64bit os Win7 but some parts are just overkill ;-)

Cheers,

André

I have OOM in both FSX and P3D when Texture_Max_Load=2048. If it set to 1024 it is almost ok. I run Win7 64 bit with 16Gb of ram and a GTX480 card. Should be enough. I have a lot of sceneries and airports that can handle higher texture load, but not this airport. I also have the "normal" tweaks set, but it doesn.t matter. Taking away the cars, baggage chart and outer scenery objects helps, but why should I need to do that? I really think that a SP1 with downsized texture files would be the best way to appeal to everyone, not only the one with "supercomputers". By the way the new ASE-data module seems to shut down OK now without interferring with simconnect. Good work Maria.

Edit: Saw the OOM fix on my download page just know. Off to download and test. Wish me luck.

Another edit: No luck at all. My Prepar3D set with 1024 texture, PMDG NGX (Which works all over the world and I have a lot of addon sceneies) and when taxing out on the runway and it sees the terminal building it gets OOM at once. This is not a good scenery. Money wasted.

Hi,

I have this oom issue too. Its the first scenery where i get this error. Most people here have many add on sceneries installed and i wouldnt assume that people are using fresh installed fsx with standard configs after some years flying with it.

So i understand that frustration is big, when you have many other sceneries installed with no problems and suddenly an oom happens. For me it was a mix out of frustration and surprise, because i didnt simply expect an oom with this absoulte wonderful scenery. On the other hand the devs worked hard to implement and try some nice new features and techniqes and as i see they are still working hard to fix the problems. A first fix within a day is pretty cool support! Thank you for this product and i am looking forward, that the troubles will be gone soon.

I have flown from vienna to helsinki (FSX SP2 - PMDG737NGX - TRACKIR - VATSIM (FSINN on 2nd pc), AS2012 (2nd pc), FSFlightkeeper (2nd pc)). Everything was fine until i was on final approach about 5nm inbound rwy 22L. There i got my first oom. i restarted fsx settled my 737 on rwy 04, took off, made a 360 and returned to rwy 22L, landed and on my rollout i got oom error again. restartet fsx once more settled 737 hp rwy 22L and did a takeoff roll. I canceled the take off and left rwy 22L to taxi around on the airport. for this thest i switched on ut2. I managed to get between 25 and 33 fps but i experienced some small stutter while turning or looking torwards the main buildings. so i went around on several taxi ways along rwy 22L and rwy 15 and finally took of from rwy 32 and made a few low passings over the airport. I switched from day to night set the weather to gray and rainy and had no crash. And at no time i had display errors (missing buildings). Im using the scenery with full features.

RAM-Usage was in fact very high at the moment of my 2 crashes it was about 4,6 gb. and about 4,4 gb after my last test without the crash. I will try the lower resolution texture-patch now and im looking forward that my next testflight from vienna to helsinki will work then.

My Systemspecs are:

WIN7 64-Bit SP1

intel i7 2600k @ 4,4 ghz

16 gb ram

OS is running on OCZ SDD - fsx runs on a seperate harddisk but is the only installed software on this system :) (i know - im crazy:))

the system is optimized for performance, no background pics, no screensaver, no energy-saving, no windows-themes

only programs i run with fsx are fsinn session and trackir, all other software is excluded and runs on a laptop connected with widefs/simconnect.

maybe this gives you some hints, and thx again for the great job!!!!

regards

Chris

Fred,

try the tweaking tool and untick things there. I did that and it did help.

I've tried that also. Believe me I not a novice to flightsim. As I said in my posting there is something wrong with this scenery when I get a memory load more than 3 GB in Prepar3D. a little better in FSX, but still high. I have a lot of sceneries around the world, like FlightBeams SFO, FSDreamteams KLAX and everything from ORBX and I'm not even close to 3GB Memory load anywhere else. Just in this scenery. I don't care how nice it looks when I get OOM. I need to fly the type of aircrafts that operates on this airport, not some Trike or Mooney.

If you read the requirments for this scenery in the manual it is a joke. Who can run this airport with only 2GB of memory? If so you need to disable everything you bought, also the photoscenery that is underlaying everything. Guys over at A-Flight, you need to do better than this if your plans are to stay in the business. Thank you for a nice try. I really hope I can enjoy this scenery some time down the line, when things gets sorted out, at least for the Prepar3D. I may be able to use it in FSX as it is now with the OOM-fix. (With scenery-items disabled.)

Guys,

Antti,

Unfortunately the patch did not work for me. I still have missing terminal buildings and serious spiking issues. I have tried reinstalling and still no luck. Since it looks as if there are only a few of us with this problem I am happy to help troubleshoot it with you and your team as it must be particular to certain systems and configurations - like mine. I have been looking forward to this scenery for a long time and am anxious to use it so any help you can give me would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Todd

OK is it only me??? my initial install had all buildings included , but heavy hit to Fps and I could not see any air traffic (ai), however I heard them speak to the tower and engines roar pass me while in the cockpit but did not get any visuals. Downloaded the update much better on the fps but still no ai. Also should there be AES-lite traffic on this airport or did I miss that discussion?

thx

Archived