Aerosoft/I.D.S Nassau

I.D.S

Hello everyone,

the "Nassau Issues" thread was closed which we have missed. 

To solve some confusion among our customers here is a statement from us regarding Nassau:

As you might know, Nassau was our first major release. Scenery development is nothing you can learn right away. Experience and knowledge comes by time. Ofcourse this is no excuse for us to say: Nassau is done.

During the development of our current projects ( KBFI, EGNT ) and new methodes learned by communicating with other developers we are sure to say that improvements will be released with an update for Nassau.
Instead of releasing several little updates we want to get sure first that all simmers with different specs notice the experience on our upcoming releases. It is easier for us and probably for you too to release one major update instead of many little.

Testers reported already that our current scenerys perform well which confirms to us that we can use them to enhance Nassau.

Fixing a scenery, especially if techniques differ isn't somethin that can be done within a day or a week. It requires taking the scenery apart and redo things. 

We hope you understand that we wanted to get sure first that we have the right techniques and methods to release a real update. 

With this said... We will do our best to update you regulary in this thread and hope that you understand where we are coming from.

I'm confused. How many updates are required for Nassau? I would have expected one. If you're also releasing updates for other airports those don't affect me as I only have Nassau.

The problem of Nassau consuming vast amounts of VAS has been going on for over 6 months. It would be appreciated if you would prioritise that release as it was released before the others. I am happy to test any changes you have made to Nassau because as it stands that scenery is unusable for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Ray,

what we meant was that there are developers releasing a bunch of little hotfixes. To not confuse our customers we will make sure to release one propper update.

As already written in the previous post, you're an exception. We have received your email by you and will send you files in development to doublecheck that you experience an improvement.

Thanks IDS. Anyone flying Concorde (or any other memory-hungry aircraft such as the PMDGs) will also experience this problem inbound to Nassau. I'm not alone in this club and will be happy to test the update when you're ready to release it.

Ray your are not alone.  I have been following this thread looking for information or an update. I also experience HIGH VAS usage at Nassau. I have flown into and out of Nassau with several payware aircraft and all have high VAS usage at Nassau.

I've wanted I.D.S. 's Sacramento scenery but have waited as to not experience the same problem there. Also interested in their upcoming Manchester and Newcastle airports so I'm hoping for a fix soon.

Hi Rebel,

I knew I wasn't alone but thank you for posting your findings. I know IDS are knew to scenery design and everyone has to learn. Hopefully they will sort out the mess of Nassau and use that knowledge on Manchester and Newcastle. It will either make or break them.

Hello,

we are sure that especially EGNT and KBFI will proove that we have massively improved ourselves through the last year. Both projects were started in summer and are the most recent.

We appreciate the honesty from our customers and do our best to fix issues in past releases.

Saying that it was our first release is no excuse.

Thanks, Ray, and everyone else for being on this. I just upgraded from the previous Aerosoft MYNN and immediately experienced the VAS issues both times I flew into it. The annoying thing is that the first time was a long-ish flight with FSE and the crash meant having to fly the whole thing again to place my plane where I want it. I feel fortunate that I still have the earlier version. I have no idea who created it but it worked just fine. I"m glad I can roll back to it. Sorry for those of you who bought it thinking it was a solid scenery.

It will be interesting to see how long they take to fix it.

Cheers,

Scott

CYYZ

it most likely more a FSX - FSX-se problem , because flying pmdg and airbus in P3D V3.2

have left 1,2 gb vas free after landing. no issues at all with high vas , have installed  MYNN Version V1.01

have you also upgraded from V1.00 to V1.01 in version V1.00 there were some issue, but after update problems

were gone.

On 24/12/2016 at 8:55 PM, sydney1962 said:

it most likely more a FSX - FSX-se problem , because flying pmdg and airbus in P3D V3.2

have left 1,2 gb vas free after landing. no issues at all with high vas , have installed  MYNN Version V1.01

have you also upgraded from V1.00 to V1.01 in version V1.00 there were some issue, but after update problems

were gone.

Yes, upgraded to 1.01 when it came out a few months ago. Make virtually no difference for FSX:SP2. That version is affected more than P3D. The primary reason for the huge amount of VAS used is because the detailed harbour scenery is not separated from the airport so when on approach and 14nm out a huge chunk of memory is taken by the harbour scenery loading unnecessarily.

Ray, I think you - or someone else - mentioned the problem was due to the scenery extending out into the ocean for some distance. If I'm correct the scenery has a landclass element. It might be worth disabling that in the FSX scenery file and seeing if it helps. I just ran into the same problem with the older MYNN scenery, and disabled the LC. It was fine after that.

I  also have UTX Caribbean so don't need the Nassau LC.

Just a thought.

Scott

Thanks Scott. I'll try that.

But I understood from IDS that they had included the harbour in with the airport scenery instead of keeping it separate. The harbour uses a lot of memory hence the problems.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/12/2016 at 5:47 PM, I.D.S said:

With this said... We will do our best to update you regularly in this thread and hope that you understand where we are coming from.

IDS, it's 6 weeks since you posted that and no further news has been given. Please provide an update and a date when you expect to release an updated Nassau-X.

44 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We are still waiting for new files.

It's turning into something of a shambles isn't it  Mathijs? They've had ages to correct the files but here we are months later and still nothing. Not even an update which they promised. :(

If I had a Manchester and a Newcastle to sell, I would fix my Nassau first. Customers like to see their issues resolved before giving fresh money to the same developer again.

Now, what kind of assistance can a publisher like Aerosoft provide to their mutual customers?

Agreed, When I heard IDS are the ones releasing Manchester it immediately became a no buy for me until they decide to fix Nassau, which like yourselves is unusable, and has been since day 1.

Hello,

as already mentioned couple of times we need to see if the new techniques proove themselves on our upcoming releases. 

There is no news and we will post news as soon as we see results from current releases.

6 minutes ago, I.D.S said:

Hello,

as already mentioned couple of times we need to see if the new techniques proove themselves on our upcoming releases. 

There is no news and we will post news as soon as we see results from current releases.

IDS, given you have released a promo video for Manchester which presumably includes these 'new techniques' surely you have the answer?

You continue to drag your heels over the problems with Nassau and quite frankly I'm beginning to think you will never fix it.

How do you expect people to buy Manchester given your track record with a Nassau? I suggest if you expect Manchester to be a success it's in your interest to fix Nassau asap. You can see from the comments above others share my views too.

As already mentioned before as well. We are working on an update already.

It's a fact that fixing a scenery developed with different methods isn't a task done in a few weeks, we're sorry.

Fixing Nassau is very time intensive. We want it fixed and work on it. We are not hiding from our responsibilitys and will make sure it gets fixed.

Experience and knowledge comes by time. Without working on next projects we cannot learn what can be improved and what needs to be thrown away ( development wise ). So it is in your favor ( even if it takes longer - sorry ) that we work on the update on the side to make sure no false methods get implemented. 

We know now more then we knew earlier and this is how it should be. We are a group of people in our mid 20's doing this out of passion. The only thing we can ask you for is patience as our interest is not to scam or betray anyone. We want to make sure that our scenerys are flyable and enjoyable.

With upcoming KBFI and EGNT you will understand what we mean with new methods. That's where we want to get Nassau to ( it's almost a complete rework but we do this for the community instead of lowering texture resolution and removing detail to reach lower VAS ).

32 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

IDS, given you have released a promo video for Manchester which presumably includes these 'new techniques' surely you have the answer?

You continue to drag your heels over the problems with Nassau and quite frankly I'm beginning to think you will never fix it.

How do you expect people to buy Manchester given your track record with a Nassau? I suggest if you expect Manchester to be a success it's in your interest to fix Nassau asap. You can see from the comments above others share my views too.

Ray, the I.D.S. team already gave a clear explanation of what is going on and did promise an update.
When that update comes and what is necessary to develop it I believe the developers can judge best.

I will now lock this topic as this discussion leads us nowhere.

Arguments are only being repeated here and it starts getting a waste of time.

Why not just let I.D.S. release their next airports in which they test the new techniques, await the feedback on them from the community and then do the Nassau update?
Without the communities feedback there is not much sense doing an update.

So please, be patient and let I.D.S. do their job. You can be sure the update will come.

• Emi locked this topic

Archived