Repaints

FERG

Looks excellent, love the scheme. The nose visor doesn't extend as far back as the VF-154 bird. Otherwise, it looks great!

Also, could consider a 2-for-1 with Nickel 107 ;). Also a good looking bird without the visor.

f14a211an.jpg

106, but also not ready

8Mvzb.jpg

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

This a line jet from VF-41 Black Aces - shot in April 2001 just before they left for their final cruise with the Tomcat.

Love to see this one done - the crew helmets are great too.

Ferg

post-27275-0-91149500-1420210354_thumb.j

Beautiful Nickel 106 and 107! Thank you for taking my request for 107 as well, it's a perfect TPS tomcat, really fantastic.

I'm downloading it the moment I get home!

Thanks again for adding to the experience and this is great work.

-Nick

Hani,I enjoyed flying 107 earlier today, it looks great, I love the weathered repaints.

I believe to see 106 the Texture line needs " _106" added to match the texture folder title.

For purists their Call sign is Nickel.

Thanks for all your work Hani, it is much appreciated.

Hani,I enjoyed flying 107 earlier today, it looks great, I love the weathered repaints.

I believe to see 106 the Texture line needs " _106" added to match the texture folder title.

For purists their Call sign is Nickel.

Thanks for all your work Hani, it is much appreciated.

Thanks
All has been updated now

Uploaded now

I hope everything is right this time :cool3_s:

UaJIO.jpg

In the downloads title for the VF-154 bird you called it VFA-154...

Best regards

Dag

In the downloads title for the VF-154 bird you called it VFA-154...

Best regards

Dag

Now i saw the edit button.
I updated all
Thanks to all who notified me and please continue notifying me of the errors to fix it

Wow, you work fast and you have the fleet weathered look nailed! I love this.

I spent more than an hour with Nickel 107 yesteday, looks amazing in P3D, really stellar work.

I am very exceited about Camelot 110, another one of my favorites (goes without saying I guess)! Need to download it.

One small error, don't know if it merits a fix, Camelot 110 had the older style F-14A gunvent (two larger vents instead of the NACA ducts). It's a small thing and the repaint is beautiful either way. Looking forward to trying that one out as well.

BTW, this is the same scheme that VF-14 had when their sister squadron, VF-32, shot down two Libyan MiG-23s. VF-14 had come off station, relieved by VF-32 only 20 minutes prior to the shootdown. VF-14 almost had it!

Thanks again and can't wait to see whats next.

Best,

Nick

Also, is there a way that you or I can change the model to a block 100? Which is more the correct model for the era.

I tried changing the model "type" in the cfg file, but then it disappears from the selectable vehicle menu.I've tried it on other repaints, but it doesn't want to take for this one.

I flew it around and its wonderful and very well done. I'm just trying to fine tune some of the small details for historical accuracy.

Thank you again for the excellent work!

Best,

Nick

Also, is there a way that you or I can change the model to a block 100? Which is more the correct model for the era.

I tried changing the model "type" in the cfg file, but then it disappears from the selectable vehicle menu.I've tried it on other repaints, but it doesn't want to take for this one.

I flew it around and its wonderful and very well done. I'm just trying to fine tune some of the small details for historical accuracy.

Thank you again for the excellent work!

Best,

Nick

In aircraft.cfg change to

model=100

panel=
Another one ready to download
lrb2O.jpg

Thank you that worked. It created a slightly funny texture at the gun vents, but looks OK. Fits the model better.

Best,

Nick

In aircraft.cfg change to

model=100

panel=
Another one ready to download
lrb2O.jpg

Dag,

Can you please do the low vis VF-31?

I know it's already been made elsewhere, but I'd love to see your representation.

Maybe VF-84 low vis as well!

Many thanks, Diego

There seems to be very few F-14As painted in the low vis. from VF-31. I've found 161205 but only decals, not photographic proof. They operated the D from 1992. I will look further.

I have VF-74 in many versions on my list. I could do the VF-84 low vis as well. I am not in a hurry so be patient ;-)

Edit; Sometimes I have no clue what's in my bookshelves. I have very good ref for F-14As on the last cruise of Forrestal back in 1991 :-)

Best regards

Dag

I would prefer the D VF-31 from the 2000's :)

There seems to be very few F-14As painted in the low vis. from VF-31. I've found 161205 but only decals, not photographic proof. They operated the D from 1992. I will look further.

I have VF-74 in many versions on my list. I could do the VF-84 low vis as well. I am not in a hurry so be patient ;-)

Edit; Sometimes I have no clue what's in my bookshelves. I have very good ref for F-14As on the last cruise of Forrestal back in 1991 :-)

Best regards

Dag

Yes, I agree Nickel 107 is amazing!

It's my favorite to fly and is a perfect depiction of a fleet F-14 in TPS. The fidelity to the true TPS is scheme is also impressive, many don't get it quite right since photos can be deceptive given how close the colors are.

Hanimichal is doing some very impressive work, the models look like a photograph.

-Nick

Hey,

I wish to Thank you, Hani . Your repaints are impressive, awesome. Stunning work for our pleasure.

Happy New Year.

Regards,

B.

2015-1-4_0-56-36-155.jpg

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/74373-your-screenshots-part-2/page-9#entry646970

Archived