Repaints

FERG

Yes, I know. I don't want to sound harsh, but to be honest, the quality of that repaint isn't really appealing. Of course I do respect the painters work, it's nicely done, but just too sterile, shiny and clean for a carrier-based aircraft. Other than that its a Block 110 aircraft, but that's not that important. :)

Would be nice to have it the quality of Michals VF-101 repaint. ;)

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carrier aircraft were not always the heavy deposit faded appearance in reality - favoured by some. If you ask any plain captain or look at most photos depicting aircraft on a carrier they was in fact kept in pristine condition and was the pride of the people that looked after them. Only during extensive flying operations did they suffer from a lack of polish or towards the end of a cruise.

Thank you all for the words

hello nice job man,one question can i use this wonderful repaint with prepar3d 2.4 or work only with fsx? :excellenttext_s:

it is only texture, if the airplane work with prepar3d so the repaint must work :-)

Another one coming soon

lBvKq.jpg

Would you consider doing a 1985 VF-142 ghostriders tomcat ?

I am working on several repaints for VF-142, they are going slowly at the moment because I am re-installing everything after having to reset my PC. I will definitely do a 1985 paint for them though.

Yes, I know. I don't want to sound harsh, but to be honest, the quality of that repaint isn't really appealing. Of course I do respect the painters work, it's nicely done, but just too sterile, shiny and clean for a carrier-based aircraft. Other than that its a Block 110 aircraft, but that's not that important. :)

Would be nice to have it the quality of Michals VF-101 repaint. ;)

I've done a few paints for the VRS Superbug and I'm currently downloading the paintkit for this bird. I'm a huge VF-84 fan and I downloaded the Groom Lake one and there's a few inaccuracies but all in all it's pretty good. I'm going to try my hand at a black and white early VF-103 F-14B and see how this paintkit works

Saw the other pics on SOH, but did not see what I would say is a very unique loadout in the 2nd pic. Again, great dirty and worn "Nickel 106", but ventral fin should read "VF-211".

:-)

not finished yet

BH2MO.jpg

Looks excellent, love the scheme. The nose visor doesn't extend as far back as the VF-154 bird. Otherwise, it looks great!

Also, could consider a 2-for-1 with Nickel 107 ;). Also a good looking bird without the visor.

f14a211an.jpg

Also, anyone have an interest in doing this bird:

VF-14 from the Gulf War...classic F-14 squadron that deserve more attention.

camelot_110.jpg

Love the work around here! I hope they keep talking.

-Nick

Archived