• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And finally here is the guy and his clone in the airplane

V67qp.jpg

Wbz2d.jpg

5o2Mh.jpg

UDGwe.jpg

Lovely; keep them coming... someone like FSX TOPGUN will be able to make a newer FSX/P3D Movie with all the correct characters in the cockpit on YouTube. ;)

Great job gents on the paints, the OIF VF-154 selection is welcomed.

Hanimichal, nicely done with the actors faces, wish the texture mapping would support 2 separate helmets/faces. Can't wait to fly through "Iceman's" jet wash!

Outstanding work Hani; maybe you can show me how to put my face on the pilot as well? Keep up the good work and do give us a maverick helmet color scheme to go with the face and model repaints.

here is a simple tutorial how to add any face

I've been making progress on the VF-142 repaint, there are still a few areas I'm not happy with and some that I need to redo completely but it is getting there. Got some nice shots flying and fighting over Kauai.

2015-1-8_22-53-58-980_zps091e8bf4.png

2015-1-9_0-0-50-209_zps1c10cbcf.png

2015-1-9_0-1-48-250_zpsbacf6c4a.png

2015-1-8_23-58-21-190_zps2587f5d8.png

I've been making progress on the VF-142 repaint, there are still a few areas I'm not happy with and some that I need to redo completely but it is getting there. Got some nice shots flying and fighting over Kauai.

2015-1-8_22-53-58-980_zps091e8bf4.png

2015-1-9_0-0-50-209_zps1c10cbcf.png

2015-1-9_0-1-48-250_zpsbacf6c4a.png

2015-1-8_23-58-21-190_zps2587f5d8.png

Looks great from where I'm sitting. Can't wait till it's done!

Best,

Nick

Any other repaints in the pipeline?

Also, question for wingnut: are you also planning some VF-142 F-14A schemes? Like either / both the hi-viz and lo-viz stuff from the 1980s? Or their hi-viz scheme from the late 70's is a real classic.

Spent part of my evening last night flying Hanimichal's Camelot 110 for landing practice at NAS Key West, fantastic Desert Storm era scheme. Looks great in the tropical sun! It's quickly becoming my favorite scheme.

Also, there are some excellent and accurate profiles at FCM decals: http://fcm.eti.br/F-14.html

Their schemes seem quite accurate. Just don't use their block numbers to reference the model for the aerosoft Tomcat. The aerosoft Tomcat visual models are represented by era since each Tomcat block was steadily updated during it's service life:

Block 90 model - ~1977-1984 (no TCS under the nose, 2nd generation gunvents that were came into use in the late 70s).

Block 100 model - ~1985-1992 (TCS pods retrofitted to nearly all Tomcats, still 2nd generation gunvents, fewer ECM bumps).

Block 110 model - ~1993-2005 (TCS pods, 3rd generation gunvents, final ECM configuration).

F-14Bs - 1990-2005 (all F-14Bs and F-14A+'s were configured with 3rd generation gunvents and final ECM configuration).

If you use the year for a profile to select the visual model (block 90, 100, 110, etc), it will probably be the correct configuration for the profile.

Best,

Nick

I am planing on several A model schemes for 142, including most of the ones depicted below I also have to update the BuNos on the B paints I have mostly done

http://www.amv83.fr/Navycag/Decal48/AfterburnerVF142-DakotaCats-a.jpg

http://www.amv83.fr/Navycag/Decal48/AfterburnerVF142-DakotaCats-b.jpg

http://www.amv83.fr/Navycag/Decal48/AfterburnerVF142-DakotaCats-c.jpg

Also its Wingmate not Nut ;)

I am planing on several A model schemes for 142, including most of the ones depicted below I also have to update the BuNos on the B paints I have mostly done

http://www.amv83.fr/Navycag/Decal48/AfterburnerVF142-DakotaCats-a.jpg

http://www.amv83.fr/Navycag/Decal48/AfterburnerVF142-DakotaCats-b.jpg

http://www.amv83.fr/Navycag/Decal48/AfterburnerVF142-DakotaCats-c.jpg

Also its Wingmate not Nut ;)

Ahh crap! Sorry about that! Certainly didn't mean it.

I am also a big fan of VF-142 and really like your planned schemes. I'm definitely looking forward to them. Looks like the F-14B schemes might be quite close to finished? The picture you posted looked great to me!

Thanks again for the putting that together.

-Nick

Hi Wingmate,

I was always fond of this one too. Love lo-viz birds/line tomcats.

F-14_Tomcats_VF-142.jpg

BuNo. 161440 (probably). It's a nice complement to the CAG/CO birds too.

Looking forward to your next releases.

-Nick

Took Camelot 105 out for some landing practice in Key West. Flamed out the left engine with excessive yaw/bank angle around 140 knots. Initiated a restart and thought I had done it right, but it was a hot start and it ended with an engine fire. Managed to put her down on one engine (first time successfully!). Quite a first flight.

She looks great in Key West! Nicely weathered for a fleet Tomcat (the real Camelot 105 looked scruffy in the airliners.net picture) thats been around the boat.

Thanks again for the great repaints.

-Nick

P.S. - how do you save screenshots in P3D?

Nick, thanks again for the block ref., I did point out T. Anft's Tomcat site in another thread, but I'm sure most long time Turkey fans know of it. Agree with the -142 suggestions, I'd be happy with any skulls (lo-vis VF-84 also) and shark teeth, your decal link has some nice -111 lo-vis paints.

Hanimichal, thanks for the updated work on the Camelot's, as mentioned before you have that mid-cruise weathered/dirty/corrosion control shop ran out of paint Tomcat base layer down!

Nick, thanks again for the block ref., I did point out T. Anft's Tomcat site in another thread, but I'm sure most long time Turkey fans know of it. Agree with the -142 suggestions, I'd be happy with any skulls (lo-vis VF-84 also) and shark teeth, your decal link has some nice -111 lo-vis paints.

Hanimichal, thanks for the updated work on the Camelot's, as mentioned before you have that mid-cruise weathered/dirty/corrosion control shop ran out of paint Tomcat base layer down!

I agree that a low-viz VF-84 would be great. It's actually a pretty distinctive scheme (during the 1980s) since it was a two-tone scheme of Dark ghost grey and light ghost grey with hard demarcation lines. I haven't seen any other squadrons that used that pattern and I'm not sure why they used something different from other squadrons. It would be a great addition.

VF-111 is always a great squadron, even their less colorful stuff looks great.

I think that a lot of other repainters lean towards the brighter schemes since they find them more interesting, but a well done low-viz scheme is actually more interesting to my eyes. Everyone of Hanimichal's low-viz airplanes has a unique weathering, touch-up scheme. Plus, there are TPS variants that he has captured as well. I think they look amazing.

It might actually be easier to achieve an accurate look with a brightly colored aircraft, it seems that making the TPS look properly weathered is labor intensive. Still I hope he and others continue to make more schemes.

I'm excited to see the VF-142 schemes too!

- Nick

One thing I have noticed with many of these repaints is the fact that the font used for the modexes is the Amarillo USAF font or similar. Why is that? I use the Long Beach USN font. I thought that was the correct one.

Best regards

Dag

Archived